LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Adam Schefter says 49ers looking to trade back

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by mayo49:
LaConfora just said that Dalton can go #8 and Kaepernick #15. WTF?[/i]

after last years draft I will never listen to one word La Cantina says.

dude was way off during the draft.
Schefter would tweet what each pick was gonna be and so would La Cantina and that queer was way off on almost all of them

I hope they dont tweet or announce the picks before the commissioner says the name. Its really annoying and kills the drama.
yeah it was cool at first but got annoying real fast especially with La Cantina being wrong most of the time
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Schefter would tweet what each pick was gonna be and so would La Cantina and that queer was way off on almost all of them

I hope they dont tweet or announce the picks before the commissioner says the name. Its really annoying and kills the drama.
yeah it was cool at first but got annoying real fast especially with La Cantina being wrong most of the time

Im gonna go old school in this draft, NO twitter and NO internet.
new england has 2 picks in the first round?

i say we trade with them...
if we drop back to #20 and pickup Tampa's second (51) and QB Josh Johnson I would be down.

20 CB Jimmy Smith
45 QB Kaepernick

51 Trade with 2nd (2012) for NE's 28th pick and choose: OLB Brooks Reed

Jimmy Smith, Brooks Reed, Kaepernick, and Josh Johnson would be a solid day first 2 rounds

We would have much improved the secondary and passrush and get a QB for the future
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM ]

I should try that
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
if we drop back to #20 and pickup Tampa's second (51) and QB Josh Johnson I would be down.

20 CB Jimmy Smith
45 QB Kaepernick

51 Trade with 2nd (2012) for NE's 28th pick and choose: OLB Brooks Reed

Jimmy Smith, Brooks Reed, Kaepernick, and Josh Johnson would be a solid day first 2 rounds

We would have much improved the secondary and passrush and get a QB for the future

I think I would switch Brooks Reed for Phil Taylor.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

I should try that

I don't know why you're complaining about twitter announcing picks, just don't log in to it to get the tweets.

I hate LaCanfora. The dude pretty much made fun of the Niners during the whole Harbaugh-decision week saying that the Niners had no shot at Harbs.
Originally posted by Otter:

I should try that

I don't know why you're complaining about twitter announcing picks, just don't log in to it to get the tweets.

How the hell do you expect me to get Braves game updates if im logged off twitter?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
LaConfora has Peterson going to the Cards in his mock draft 1-5. 6-10, is coming later on NFLN on Around the Leaque.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 25, 2011 at 2:34 PM ]

LaConfora has Peterson going to the Cards in his mock draft 1-5. 6-10, is coming later on NFLN Up to the Minute.

If the 49ers think the Cards are taking him.. Would explain why they want to trade down..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:
LaConfora has Peterson going to the Cards in his mock draft 1-5. 6-10, is coming later on NFLN Up to the Minute.

If the 49ers think the Cards are taking him.. Would explain why they want to trade down..

If that happens, they've got to take Gabbert or the fans will revolt at the Niners Draft Party.
Originally posted by fakers23:

If that happens, they've got to take Gabbert or the fans will revolt at the Niners Draft Party.

Well if these boards are any sign.. I think most would not riot...Of course those that go to games and post on these boards are not one and same...
It's a good idea if Peterson and Gabbert both are not there. And they might not be. Trade down and get some extra picks. Maybe pick up Ponder or Dalton late first or early 2nd. Plus get a pass rusher or CB. I like the concept. However it if doesn't work out that you can find a trade partner we may be stuck with the pick. We may have to pick. Plus I don't want to pass on Peterson or Gabbert if available. IMO they will pick where they are.
If the Niners do trade down from Overall #7, (and Shefter is seldom wrong with his public prognostications), then neither Newton nor Gabbert is Harbaugh's designated QB. If the Niners trade down in Round 1, their first pick seems more likely to be a QB (Locker, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick). At least, that's the way that I see it.
Share 49ersWebzone