Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mayo49:
LaConfora just said that Dalton can go #8 and Kaepernick #15. WTF?[/i]

after last years draft I will never listen to one word La Cantina says.

dude was way off during the draft.
Schefter would tweet what each pick was gonna be and so would La Cantina and that queer was way off on almost all of them

I hope they dont tweet or announce the picks before the commissioner says the name. Its really annoying and kills the drama.
yeah it was cool at first but got annoying real fast especially with La Cantina being wrong most of the time

Im gonna go old school in this draft, NO twitter and NO internet.

I should try that

I don't know why you're complaining about twitter announcing picks, just don't log in to it to get the tweets.

How the hell do you expect me to get Braves game updates if im logged off twitter?

They lost. There, I took care of it for you, now you don't need to worry about following the game.

Schefter would tweet what each pick was gonna be and so would La Cantina and that queer was way off on almost all of them

I hope they dont tweet or announce the picks before the commissioner says the name. Its really annoying and kills the drama.
yeah it was cool at first but got annoying real fast especially with La Cantina being wrong most of the time

I should try that

I don't know why you're complaining about twitter announcing picks, just don't log in to it to get the tweets.

How the hell do you expect me to get Braves game updates if im logged off twitter?

They lost. There, I took care of it for you, now you don't need to worry about following the game.

This is from King, who I don't particularly care for, but I hope if this is true that it is NOT us.

There's a team in the draft that has a deal on the table -- I'm guessing New England (surprise!) -- with a team trying to come back into the first round. The deal will net the team dealing the first-rounder the following: a second-round pick in 2011 and a first-round pick in 2012. The deal, I hear, is contingent on the player the trade-up team wants still being there. Could it be Tennessee trading into the bottom of the first round, at 28, to get Jake Locker or Andy Dalton? Stay tuned.

I hope we don't give up our 2nd and next year's first for a chance to draft ponder or dalton.

didnt we make a trade similar to this with the Patriots a few years back?

EDIT: Yes we did

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/05/pats49ers_trade.html

That trade on paper wan't as bad as what is being proposed, basically we traded our first the following year and a forth that year for their first. Unfortunately we sucked and the pats made out. The other scenario is a 2nd instead of a forth-way to steep.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't see many viable trade partners. I think in all likelihood we will be stuck with the pick.

This. I think there will be limited movements in this draft. If they do, it will be for packaging picks. I heard this morning that NE may make moves cause they have only 5 picks next year and may search for a way to get more.

It will be interesting.

NE has been trading into next year's draft for how many years and counting. I could see them trading the 28th overall to a team for next year's first rounder straight up, that gives them 2 in next year's first and it gets the other team the QB they desperately need. I don't want that team to be us though because we can easily end up with a top 10 pick again next year and land a true stud at QB.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This is from King, who I don't particularly care for, but I hope if this is true that it is NOT us.

There's a team in the draft that has a deal on the table -- I'm guessing New England (surprise!) -- with a team trying to come back into the first round. The deal will net the team dealing the first-rounder the following: a second-round pick in 2011 and a first-round pick in 2012. The deal, I hear, is contingent on the player the trade-up team wants still being there. Could it be Tennessee trading into the bottom of the first round, at 28, to get Jake Locker or Andy Dalton? Stay tuned.

I hope we don't give up our 2nd and next year's first for a chance to draft ponder or dalton.

Why not?

because our pick could be very high next year. that's how new england usually makes a killing. Why would we pay that much. Our second and third I could live with but no way we trade next year's first.

you can do that all u want....but espn and nfl-network always shows the player that will be selected....b/c he will be on the phone...talking to the team that drafted him
[ Edited by TlSSER on Apr 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM ]
schefter isnt as in the know now that he doesnt work for NFLN anymore. dude used to be money with all his insider knowledge
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
schefter isnt as in the know now that he doesnt work for NFLN anymore. dude used to be money with all his insider knowledge

I realized he fell off a little during that Harbaugh fiasco in January, as did a lot of others.

Speculation is not news, but sparks discussion and that's ok.
  • dwett
  • Veteran

Why not?

Because neither of those guys, or any of the QBs in this class, seem like a slam dunk. I don't want to mortgage part of this year, and next year for one of these guys. Price seems too high for what you'd get in exchange.

For sure but I would add that it matters if Harbaugh has his eyes set on one QB. If the Niners have several rated close they will simply sit back and see how it plays out, but if they have one QB in mind who knows what they will do to secure that pick.

I agree that there is no QB that stands out but it is all about how the Niners organization feels about this situation. At least it will be entertaining.
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

Why not?

I would prefer to trade a few picks away next year for Andrew Luck

Whoever is number 1 next year is not giving up Andrew luck!

So if the number 1 pick has an established QB already you are saying that they would draft him hands down?
If they have the number 1 pick they dont have an established QB

If any team like Buff, cin, arizona or Carolina Drafts a QB in the top 5 picks of this years draft and then goes out and get the first pick over all next year there going to draft a QB again? I know the chances of something like this are slim. pluse Luck could have a bad year and teams may not be as high on him.

I'm just curious on why Gabbert and Newton are considered to be a logical choice in the top 10 picks and Kaepernick isn't? I have not seen any of them play, but just by watching all the hype on all 3 of them, why would Kaepernick be a surprise pick at #7? This is an honest question, I don't have any opinion on who will be the better NFL QB. Kaepernick seems to have all the physical skills of the other 2 QBs, if not better skills, and they are all from spread offenses. Is it solely because he is from a 'small' school?
If the niners have him rated as the top QB, maybe they pick him at #7.
Word is (per Clayton on sactown sports radio) many teams are interested in moving up to 5 or 6th pick if Peterson is available.

Almost 0 chance we get Peterson at 7th.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Word is (per Clayton on sactown sports radio) many teams are interested in moving up to 5 or 6th pick if Peterson is available.

Almost 0 chance we get Peterson at 7th.

Hence why a trade down maybe best... Why pay top 7 money for players that aren't worth it...
Originally posted by jimbagg:
If the Niners do trade down from Overall #7, (and Shefter is seldom wrong with his public prognostications), then neither Newton nor Gabbert is Harbaugh's designated QB. If the Niners trade down in Round 1, their first pick seems more likely to be a QB (Locker, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick). At least, that's the way that I see it.

I guess it depends on who the team is but I would think if we want Locker he would have to be the first pick of that trade down. Not sure he even makes it past 10-12 so he might not even be an option if we get like 17 and 28 or 33. Jimmy Smith or Brandon Harris might work, maybe Watt or Jordan, Phil Taylor, Wilkerson, Paea, Houston, Brooks Reed, etc but I think QB would be one of them.

For all we know we could move down a couple spots and get Quinn/Amukamara and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th.
the ONto our pick LY team i see trading up (unless green and peterson are on the board) are the redskins for gabbert
Share 49ersWebzone