There are 238 users in the forums

2010 draft revisited.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
And No way McCoy over Bowman, McCoy is a bust IMO, not an NFL QB right now IMO.

Wrote that 2 years ago, pre-Kaep. When we needed a backup QB. I think McCoy is trash. But there was no other viable QB options. Plus after the 1st season Bowman was still an unknown and McCoy had been a starter. I'd take Bowman anyday.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I know it is easy to go back and say coulda woulda coulda, but a lot of mock drafts and zoners have the draft going down the way it could have.

Round 1 pick 13, Earl Thomas FS
Round 1 pick 17 Mike Iupati
Round 2 pick 45- Jared Veldeer OT

Just doing the first two rounds with no traded. Same players at positions of need, just switched.

A lot of mocks had the niners taking Earl Thomas and best OL at 17. I hope DAvis pulls his head out of his arse and Taylor Mays proves the niners did not make a Raider type speed draft choice.

Yep, like Anthony Davis a lot, but missing on Earl Thomas was a biggie, he could have been like the Ed Reed for this defense, with Goldson at strong safety, that would make an absurdly tough defense that much tougher.

Franchise free safety vs starting right tackle....it's really a no-brainer. Hindsight is so crystal clear!

But we have a franchise free safety and right tackle now, no?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yep, like Anthony Davis a lot, but missing on Earl Thomas was a biggie, he could have been like the Ed Reed for this defense, with Goldson at strong safety, that would make an absurdly tough defense that much tougher.

Franchise free safety vs starting right tackle....it's really a no-brainer. Hindsight is so crystal clear!
Hard to argue with this, but there is one thing we have to realize. We can't have studs at every position sadly. On one hand, we get 2-4 years of elite play from that group. On the other hand, a few players will move on because it will be impossible to resign them all. Can't argue against picking Earl Thomas, but it would be much easier to resign Anthony Davis and have Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner extended. I think in either scenario, we have a group of guys that can win it all and win the big game more than once.
Share 49ersWebzone