LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Wow. Eight pages for a 5th round draft pick who will be playing in Canada in three years.
  • ttime
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by ttime:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

how so?? are you an osu fan?

[b]The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field[/b]. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.

That ends once he hits the NFL field. The level of competition just isn't good enough to stop guys like Pryor, Tebow, Newton, Young in college. Once he hits the pros it's a whole different ball game. Work ethic, mechanics, and smarts becomes more important than pure athletic ability.

My personal opinion but I see a very immature, lazy person in Pryor. Wouldn't touch him as a free agent. Not worth the time.

Lazy? Very Immature? The kid sells a jersey in exchange for a tattoo because the NCAA exploits his skill sets to pay itself large sums of money made from his jersey and play, but he can not benefit from it and HE is lazy and immature? It has been my experience that these characterizations more often than not is the code word = "Black Athlete" Unless you can provide some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature, then concluding that your comments are based more on a racist perspective than reality must follow.

If you think my dislike towards is because he's black be my guess. White person doesn't like potential diva black athlete = Well I guess I have to conclude that it's coming from a racist perspective

I'm concluding you got some racial issues to deal with. If you want my reasonings for not liking Pryor ask them before you play the race card. At least then you're not being a hypocrite.

There you go with that played out "playing the race card" facade. If you had some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature; a characterization often misapplied to Black athletes, then why didn't you simply produce it? You do have one thing right though; yes I do have a problem with people using code words while expressing unsubstantiated characterizations.

No, you have a problem with white people not liking any diva black person because you automatically assume it's racially motivated. Hence why you're a hypocrite.

Why didn't I produce it? Maybe because I decided to focus on your actual point.

I can easily point to his immaturity. Taking 1,000 dollar handshakes, stating that if he was in Auburn's offense he'd be better than Cam.

Look. If you were talking about Russel, I would not have any problem with your characterization as it is fully supported. But instead, you used that characterization; one that is often improperly applied to black athletes and rarely applied to whites. You know this, I know this, the whole world knows this. Now, if you can not support your characterization without reaching, as you have just done, then your actions speak for themselves.

Upon being called out, rational people; with unbiased intent, would simply state the facts to support their characterization of him being lazy and immature. Instead, you responded with that lame game of race card, which it appears at this point that you initially played.

Him saying that he could have been better than Cam, is not example of being immature or lazy. Him standing up and taking responsibility for breaking NCAA rules that exploit players is not an example of of being immature and lazy. If anything, it addresses the core exploitation that is taking place with the NCAA structure and represents one incident of many incidents by other college players in the history of the NCAA. Yet, they were not characterized as being lazy and immature.

Bottom line is that Black players have been characterized like this way too often without being challenged about it and that needs to stop.

You are the one who made this a race issue. Anyone who reads this thread can see this. So I suggest you stop digging this hole.

No. You are the one who sat idle as he made an unsubstantiated characterization that is often used as code words exemplifying racism. Now you want to throw in your two cents to support this illogical practice.

No, you brought race in to the discussion. You could have made the same point in your post and stopped at "and HE is lazy and immature.". You were asking for him to support his position and then you accused him of racism. And for all you know he could be black himself.

You committed the same offense he did you made an accusation without supporting it by claiming he was using racist code words. I recall Ryan Mallet was described as immature, does that mean anyone that said that thinks Mallet is black or that they hate white people.

There was no reason to bring up race. Period.

Cosigned for effect.

And what is the cosign and effect of that? I initially established that unsubstantiated characterizations of being immature AND lazy are often used by those who have racist perceptions. He and i have an understanding and after he espoused on his point, I apologized and being the man that he is, he accepted it.

But so what if I brought up race? Why is that a factor that should not be considered when people make unsubstantiated claims of players immature AND lazy, GIVEN that this is a reality? Are you saying that prejudice views are not communicated through code words ???????

You can't tell me what my perspective is given what I have experienced just as I can't tell you what your is. We can enlighten one another, but you can tell me
"There was no reason to bring up race. Period."

And no, I was not being guilty of what he APPEARED to be doing as i based my assessment on what was and was not stated until he shared his personal experience. Honestly, I may have disagreed with some of what he shared but that does not matter as he took the time to share his experience; from which I was able to garner a much better understanding and appreciation of his opinion. ( He says, "immature AND lazy," I say, "without proof that could be considered racist because it is a code often used from racist perspectives," "He says, No..here are the reasons behind my characterizations," "I say, cool..apologize if I offended you." He says, "Cool, I should have elaborated earlier." He and I are cool because we handled grown folks conversation the way that grown folks handle it.

Now you say that we should not have had that conversation? The mere fact that you take the position that "There was no reason to bring up race. Period," after he and I garnered a more than amicable understanding suggest what?????
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

[b]The guy is just always two steps ahead of everyone else on the field[/b]. He's a phenomenal athlete, who actually looks comfortable throwing, unlike most athletic QBs.

BTW, no, I'm not a Buckeye fan. In fact, OSU is easily one of my least favorite teams.

That ends once he hits the NFL field. The level of competition just isn't good enough to stop guys like Pryor, Tebow, Newton, Young in college. Once he hits the pros it's a whole different ball game. Work ethic, mechanics, and smarts becomes more important than pure athletic ability.

My personal opinion but I see a very immature, lazy person in Pryor. Wouldn't touch him as a free agent. Not worth the time.

Lazy? Very Immature? The kid sells a jersey in exchange for a tattoo because the NCAA exploits his skill sets to pay itself large sums of money made from his jersey and play, but he can not benefit from it and HE is lazy and immature? It has been my experience that these characterizations more often than not is the code word = "Black Athlete" Unless you can provide some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature, then concluding that your comments are based more on a racist perspective than reality must follow.

If you think my dislike towards is because he's black be my guess. White person doesn't like potential diva black athlete = Well I guess I have to conclude that it's coming from a racist perspective

I'm concluding you got some racial issues to deal with. If you want my reasonings for not liking Pryor ask them before you play the race card. At least then you're not being a hypocrite.

There you go with that played out "playing the race card" facade. If you had some concrete evidence of him being lazy and immature; a characterization often misapplied to Black athletes, then why didn't you simply produce it? You do have one thing right though; yes I do have a problem with people using code words while expressing unsubstantiated characterizations.

No, you have a problem with white people not liking any diva black person because you automatically assume it's racially motivated. Hence why you're a hypocrite.

I can easily point to his immaturity. Taking 1,000 dollar handshakes, stating that if he was in Auburn's offense he'd be better than Cam.

Look. If you were talking about Russel, I would not have any problem with your characterization as it is fully supported. But instead, you used that characterization; one that is often improperly applied to black athletes and rarely applied to whites. You know this, I know this, the whole world knows this. Now, if you can not support your characterization without reaching, as you have just done, then your actions speak for themselves.

Upon being called out, rational people; with unbiased intent, would simply state the facts to support their characterization of him being lazy and immature. Instead, you responded with that lame game of race card, which it appears at this point that you initially played.

Him saying that he could have been better than Cam, is not example of being immature or lazy. Him standing up and taking responsibility for breaking NCAA rules that exploit players is not an example of of being immature and lazy. If anything, it addresses the core exploitation that is taking place with the NCAA structure and represents one incident of many incidents by other college players in the history of the NCAA. Yet, they were not characterized as being lazy and immature.

Bottom line is that Black players have been characterized like this way too often without being challenged about it and that needs to stop.

You are the one who made this a race issue. Anyone who reads this thread can see this. So I suggest you stop digging this hole.

No. You are the one who sat idle as he made an unsubstantiated characterization that is often used as code words exemplifying racism. Now you want to throw in your two cents to support this illogical practice.

No, you brought race in to the discussion. You could have made the same point in your post and stopped at "and HE is lazy and immature.". You were asking for him to support his position and then you accused him of racism. And for all you know he could be black himself.

You committed the same offense he did you made an accusation without supporting it by claiming he was using racist code words. I recall Ryan Mallet was described as immature, does that mean anyone that said that thinks Mallet is black or that they hate white people.

Cosigned for effect.

And what is the cosign and effect of that?

You don't know what cosign does?

It makes the quoted post the law of the webzone, unalterable opinion that becomes the official position of each member of the webzone. Some media check in with the 'zone and when they cite to what 49ers fans are thinking, they base it on quotes that have been co-signed into webzone law.

Thats why a mod put co-sign, they have the power to do it.

Cosigned for effect.

And what is the cosign and effect of that? I initially established that unsubstantiated characterizations of being immature AND lazy are often used by those who have racist perceptions. He and i have an understanding and after he espoused on his point, I apologized and being the man that he is, he accepted it.

But so what if I brought up race? Why is that a factor that should not be considered when people make unsubstantiated claims of players immature AND lazy, GIVEN that this is a reality? Are you saying that prejudice views are not communicated through code words ???????

You can't tell me what my perspective is given what I have experienced just as I can't tell you what your is. We can enlighten one another, but you can tell me
"There was no reason to bring up race. Period."

And no, I was not being guilty of what he APPEARED to be doing as i based my assessment on what was and was not stated until he shared his personal experience. Honestly, I may have disagreed with some of what he shared but that does not matter as he took the time to share his experience; from which I was able to garner a much better understanding and appreciation of his opinion. ( He says, "immature AND lazy," I say, "without proof that could be considered racist because it is a code often used from racist perspectives," "He says, No..here are the reasons behind my characterizations," "I say, cool..apologize if I offended you." He says, "Cool, I should have elaborated earlier." He and I are cool because we handled grown folks conversation the way that grown folks handle it.

Now you say that we should not have had that conversation? The mere fact that you take the position that "There was no reason to bring up race. Period," after he and I garnered a more than amicable understanding suggest what?????

The only real issue I had with you is that you should have asked me to go into detail before you throw those types of accusations. I was just making a quick post on the guy. Yeah my claims were unsubstaniated but come on now I'm just making a quick post on a internet forum.

I know you're right that alot of anger that gets expressed towards guys like Vick, Lebron or Cam Newton this offseason is racially motivated so honestly I'm not offended that you brought up the issue, but you don't know me and you had no idea what my ethnicity was or were I was coming from.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Wow. Eight pages for a 5th round draft pick who will be playing in Canada in three years.

Exactlly, I am not sure why any team would draft him. Such a project. Today's NFL does not give you the time to develop him. You can't quote me his winning percent because there are many QBs, who I am sure have a better percentage, and did nothing in the NFL. Ken Dorsey comes to mind.

Pryor go to Canada and prove yourself. If you do that, I am sure an NFL team will welcome you with open arms someday.
Originally posted by dwett:

Exactlly, I am not sure why any team would draft him. Such a project. Today's NFL does not give you the time to develop him. You can't quote me his winning percent because there are many QBs, who I am sure have a better percentage, and did nothing in the NFL. Ken Dorsey comes to mind.

Pryor go to Canada and prove yourself. If you do that, I am sure an NFL team will welcome you with open arms someday.

I think the right team could develop him. Philly is obvious perfect scenario. The problem is you just don't see Aaron Rodger scenarios very often. With the success of guys like Big Ben, Sanchez, and Freeman you're expected to win before you're ready to play the position at a high level. Mental toughness is everything.

He goes to Buffalo, Arizona, Oakland he could be starting by the end of the year and by year 2 results progress is pretty much mandatory.
  • ttime
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Cosigned for effect.

It makes the quoted post the law of the webzone, unalterable opinion that becomes the official position of each member of the webzone. Some media check in with the 'zone and when they cite to what 49ers fans are thinking, they base it on quotes that have been co-signed into webzone law.

Thanks for the edification my friend!
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dwett:

I think the right team could develop him. Philly is obvious perfect scenario. The problem is you just don't see Aaron Rodger scenarios very often. With the success of guys like Big Ben, Sanchez, and Freeman you're expected to win before you're ready to play the position at a high level. Mental toughness is everything.

He goes to Buffalo, Arizona, Oakland he could be starting by the end of the year and by year 2 results progress is pretty much mandatory.

Well personally I question that. He has had the luxury of playing with elite talent so things have come easier. He really could have used another year in college to develop. While certain teams could afford it, due to there current success, but what team is there.

The Patriots drafted Mallet. If the Eagles trade Kolb I could see it, but you are saying that if Vick gets hurt (which is a high possibility) , you will have a project in there.

Still feel Canada is the best situation for him.
I'd be fine with the Niners using a 6th on him to play Tight-End. He's pretty athletic and QB's & Basketball players have turned into decent receivers in the league lately. hate to break it to any of his fans but he ain't playing QB in the NFL. He's a practice squadder or soon-to-be canadian, if he wants to go that route.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I can really feel the Raiders taking a chance on him with a later round pick and trying to develop him behind Campbell

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Cosigned for effect.

The point is that you shouldn't jump to the conclusion of racism right off the bat. We would appreciate a little more caution and thought before outright accusing someone of racism.

Honestly, I think very, very few people on the Webzone even know what these "code words" are.
What are the odds of him having a run-in with the law?
  • ttime

Cosigned for effect.

The point is that you shouldn't jump to the conclusion of racism right off the bat. We would appreciate a little more caution and thought before outright accusing someone of racism.

Honestly, I think very, very few people on the Webzone even know what these "code words" are.

Oh, because I say that characterization without substantiation could be interpreted a certain way? Actually, you may wish to read my initial response before concluding what I said and I suspect that most posters do know; but I could be wrong.

When the going got tough... he quit.

He committed major NCAA infractions. Regardless of whether it's a good rule or not Pryor knowingly broke it, putting his coach, teammates and himself at the mercy of the NCAA.

He's been described by teammates and those that attend the school as arrogant.

Here's an account written by the National Football Post describing an unnamed teammate discussing Pryor before his suspension:

"Pryor came in with an attitude, felt he was better than every one else and did not really have to compete to get the QB job because it was owed to him."

"too selfish to be a leader"
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Cosigned for effect.

Oh, because I say that characterization without substantiation could be interpreted a certain way? Actually, you may wish to read my initial response before concluding what I said and I suspect that most posters do know; but I could be wrong.

Listen pal, I can bulls**t in circles all day too if I wanted to. Stop trying to get around it, accept our advice, and move on.
Share 49ersWebzone