Originally posted by AB83Rules:Originally posted by Travisty13:Originally posted by D-Money:Originally posted by Travisty13:Originally posted by Sjceruti:Originally posted by Travisty13:
I would add Prince as an impact/franchise pick.
Solid Upside would be Kerrigan, Ingram, and Jordan.
I'm no expert but I disagree. I think Prince is in the risky/solid range. I've seen him get beat often and have heard many "experts" and scouts say he's a bit overrated.
What experts? And I disagree about getting beat often. If your referring to the OSU game. That holds no water with me, I've proven in other threads that game is being over-analyzed by posters on this board. Its not as bad of a game as people lead others to believe.
Dude you got a serious man crush on Prince. You don't think he's overrated and you think he's a franchise player??? Come on now man, and yeah during that OSU game "he was that bad"
Man crush? No. Do I think he's the best pure CB in the draft? Yes. In the OSU it was 2 catches and a PI that made him "look bad" and if you watch the film, on the big catch, the SS gave no support on the flea flicker. PP gave how Julio how many catches....7-8? On top of a huge PI when he got torched.
EDIT: Just to solidify my point on Prince being a franchise player:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Franchise Players:
CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - He's drawn comparisons to Darelle Revis for a reason. Feared cover man in college, great size, speed, and technique. Being a senior and not possessing blistering speed at the monstrous size Peterson is, is the only reason Prince is not considered the top CB in this draft. All about perceived upside. Prince is an extremely high character guy with a strong work ethic who I just can't see failing in the NFL.
A quote from OTC, who along with MD, AB, and GoFD, I respect more then any of the so called "experts" in the media.
I would take the opinion of those 4 over any Kiper or McShay you want to believe in.
1st off, thanks and Im sure that means alot of the rest too.
Now as for Amukamara, Even though Peterson is the most athletic DB in yrs IMO, i think Amukamara is the most ready, I admit I want Patrick Peterson. But if we get Amukamara I would be fine with it and happy.
Ive come to terms that I want either Peterson, Dareus or Amukamara. Close 4th is Quinn/Miller.
And In no way is amukamara a risk as stated, so I agree with Travisty on this.
Thank you AB. While athletically Peterson is awe-inspiring, I think people are hating on Prince to much for not being Peterson. Almost any other year Prince would be the #1 CB in the draft, but people look at him as he's some second-rate CB when in all reality he'll come here and start Day 1.