LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
Members of the Cowboys' front office reportedly believe it's time to "rid themselves" of LCB Terence Newman.
Newman is entering his age-33 season with an $8M non-guaranteed salary, and in coverage was Pro Football Focus' 93rd-rated corner out of 100 who qualified with enough playing time in 2010. The Cowboys can keep Newman on the roster into the summer, but figure to cut ties if they emerge from the draft with a viable replacement. Patrick Peterson is rumored to be No. 1 on their board.

they better not trade ahead of us to get him
Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:
Members of the Cowboys' front office reportedly believe it's time to "rid themselves" of LCB Terence Newman.
Newman is entering his age-33 season with an $8M non-guaranteed salary, and in coverage was Pro Football Focus' 93rd-rated corner out of 100 who qualified with enough playing time in 2010. The Cowboys can keep Newman on the roster into the summer, but figure to cut ties if they emerge from the draft with a viable replacement. Patrick Peterson is rumored to be No. 1 on their board.

i can and i expect for those bas***ds to just do that
Yeah they will try but remember a team will have to want to pass on him to do it and move down several spots
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Quote:

i can and i expect for those bas***ds to just do that

Bank on it!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Yeah they will try but remember a team will have to want to pass on him to do it and move down several spots

If he makes it passed 5, the Browns dont really need him because they drafted Haden last year, PRIME trading spot for the Browns
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

If he makes it to past 5, the Bengals dont really need him because they drafted Haden last year, PRIME trading spot for the Browns

As a corner the Bengals don't need him either at 4 (Cincy could take him as a safety) and could deal out as well (in the event someone fears the Cards may take him).

One could make an argument for Denver and even Buffalo trading down if they would receive at least a fair offer.

If he makes it to past 5, the Bengals dont really need him because they drafted Haden last year, PRIME trading spot for the Browns

You mean the Browns at 6. The Bengals pick 4th overall. The Browns did select Joe Haden last year with their 7th overall.

I have been saying for some time now that the Cowboys will jump the Niners to get to Peterson if he is on the board at 6, and I have no doubt the Browns would be thrilled to move down a few slots to 10, pick up a second or third rounder in the deal, and still have a shot at either AJ Green or Julio Jones, or one of the DL who may slip.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think they have it down to Newton or Bowers.

Nah, I think Newton, Bowers, Fairley and Dareus all still have a chance to be the guy. I don't think they have it down to 2 yet, still too early. They won't get there until at least after pro day visits.

Quote:
The Charlotte Observer's Darin Gantt does not believe Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert is in play for the No. 1 overall pick.
NFL Network reporters and analysts have pushed Gabbert as Panthers' potential top pick, but the team's top beat writer doesn't think he's in the mix. Gantt believes it will come down to Auburn QB Cam Newton or a defensive player.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

You mean the Browns at 6. The Bengals pick 4th overall. The Browns did select Joe Haden last year with their 7th overall.

I have been saying for some time now that the Cowboys will jump the Niners to get to Peterson if he is on the board at 6, and I have no doubt the Browns would be thrilled to move down a few slots to 10, pick up a second or third rounder in the deal, and still have a shot at either AJ Green or Julio Jones, or one of the DL who may slip.

yeah i meant the Browns, dont know why i typed the Bengals

Holmgren better not f**k us for the Cowboys

I can see Miller at #5 and then Dallas jumping to #6 for Peterson taking both our top two players on our board, IMO.

That's why Baalke just needs to go get his guy at #4 whoever that is, Peterson or Miller if Dareus and Quinn are also gone.

IDK cause I'm torn between giving up two players to move up or drafting the next tier of players. Damn it man! I want one of these ELITE players at their respective positions. We have needed a pass rusher for so long and now we will have a #1 CB need, too. That's why Peterson or Miller have to be the picks.

I can dream right?

If not, trade down. I also like the idea of drafting Jordan or Watt in the first, Reed in the second along with a new QB toy for Harbaugh.

Three VS two players in the first two rounds is a position I wouldn't mind having. IDK how feasible it will be, but again, it will be exciting to watch.

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn

I don't want Prince or a 1st RD QB.
Originally posted by ninertico:

I can see Miller at #5 and then Dallas jumping to #6 for Peterson taking both our top two players on our board, IMO.

That's why Baalke just needs to go get his guy at #4 whoever that is, Peterson or Miller if Dareus and Quinn are also gone.

IDK cause I'm torn between giving up two players to move up or drafting the next tier of players. Damn it man! I want one of these ELITE players at their respective positions. We have needed a pass rusher for so long and now we will have a #1 CB need, too. That's why Peterson or Miller have to be the picks.

I can dream right?

If not, trade down. I also like the idea of drafting Jordan or Watt in the first, Reed in the second along with a new QB toy for Harbaugh.

Three VS two players in the first two rounds is a position I wouldn't mind having. IDK how feasible it will be, but again, it will be exciting to watch.

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn

What's wrong with Prince. He's a very good corner.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I can dream right?

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn

Nothing wrong with him. I just don't want him. You know...like you want Kerrigan even over some other prospects. I would rather trade down for second tier players.

I believe he is at the top of the second tier, IMO. If that is the case, would rather trade down to get that second tier guy who can still start like Kerrigan for example while picking up that extra second.

Sure Amukamara is solid technician and has good speed, but I believe he is close if not at his celling. While Peterson, Miller, Quinn, and Dareus have tremendous upside. Maybe I'm way off in this, but Amukamara's upside is not that great.

I am sure OTC would very much disagree. It is more personal preference than ability on Prince. Something just doesn't seem right. He seems like he's more polished than Haden last year.

I guess I wouldn't be too upset IF we land a pass rusher like Reed in the second.

Do you think he's elite like the others? Just curious.

I can dream right?

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn

Nothing wrong with him. I just don't want him. You know...like you want Kerrigan even over some other prospects. I would rather trade down for second tier players.

I believe he is at the top of the second tier, IMO. If that is the case, would rather trade down to get that second tier guy who can still start like Kerrigan for example while picking up that extra second.

Sure Amukamara is solid technician and has good speed, but I believe he is close if not at his celling. While Peterson, Miller, Quinn, and Dareus have tremendous upside. Maybe I'm way off in this, but Amukamara's upside is not that great.

I am sure OTC would very much disagree. It is more personal preference than ability on Prince. Something just doesn't seem right. He seems like he's more polished than Haden last year.

I guess I wouldn't be too upset IF we land a pass rusher like Reed in the second.

If Quinn, Peterson, Dareus, and Miller are all off the board, I'd be very happy with selecting Prince. IMO, he's directly behind Peterson as the top corner. He's very fluid, played very physical in college and has good footwork. Deion Sanders said it right that Prince has the physical make up of a Vontae Davis, who is becoming a very good corner in the NFL.

Oh, and Kerrigan was a beast at the combine too

I can dream right?

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn

If Quinn, Peterson, Dareus, and Miller are all off the board, I'd be very happy with selecting Prince. IMO, he's directly behind Peterson as the top corner. He's very fluid, played very physical in college and has good footwork. Deion Sanders said it right that Prince has the physical make up of a Vontae Davis, who is becoming a very good corner in the NFL.

Oh, and Kerrigan was a beast at the combine too

I see Prince as the sort of Patrick Willis of CB's in this years draft, and by that I mean he's clearly the most all around polished player at his position but there's no telling where he can take his game in the NFL with more coaching at the next level.

Some scouts think Amukamara is the next Darelle Revis. That's high praise.

I don't know if I'd talk about him quite in that light just yet, but the guy is a heck of a player. I wouldn't mind us selecting him, but at the same time I think we're likely to have other players higher on the board when we make our pick.
Share 49ersWebzone