LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am not going backwards but is anyone scared of Peterson scoring a 6 on the wonderlic.

I looked up a 6 and it means he cannot spell his whole name, just part of it.

First of all, he scored a 9. Second, it is just one way to evaluate a player as a prospect.

Everything else about Peterson SCREAMS top 5 pick. He has been bulletproof up until now in terms of his physical skills, the game tape, and his background (...not a thug).

If the Niners get a chance to pick him at #7, they should consider themselves lucky.

This is best case scenario for the Niners. Anything that pushes him down helps us get him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I am not going backwards but is anyone scared of Peterson scoring a 6 on the wonderlic.

I thought he got a 9, not a 6.

IDK, I just read the article on the front page linked in.

I really dont care cause he is so talented. I just wanted to see everyone freak out a little.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

wouldn't care if he scored a one, I'd still take him.
Playing CB is not the same as QB or OL, where intelligence tends to be far more significant. In many cases, CB's are simply locked onto a receiver; they don't have to make many reads, or learn an extensive playbook.

So, the number, while frighteningly low, it should not impact his play.

I really dont care cause he is so talented. I just wanted to see everyone freak out a little.

Not freaking out so much. The guy can play and he has no off field issues. I hope he drops to #7.
AJ Green score was even lower than Peterson
Originally posted by lamontb:

wow, Prince scored a 35 supposedly.

Not freaking out so much. The guy can play and he has no off field issues. I hope he drops to #7.

Two words... Neon Deon. He walked out of the wonderlic test that the Giants were administering and said "Ill be gone before you guys get to your pick."

The Wonderlic doesn't matter for positions that deal more with athleticism. Look at Cromartie... dude can't even remember the names of his children and yet is a decent corner.

There are so many factors that come into play in learning development... primarily interest level. If a player doesn't care about the test then he won't put in the time to get ready for it. But take that same player who loves football and tell him to learn a defensive scheme and they will know that sh*t inside and out.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure Gore scored a 5ish so end of story on Peterson.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Two words... Neon Deon. He walked out of the wonderlic test that the Giants were administering and said "Ill be gone before you guys get to your pick."

The Wonderlic doesn't matter for positions that deal more with athleticism. Look at Cromartie... dude can't even remember the names of his children and yet is a decent corner.

There are so many factors that come into play in learning development... primarily interest level. If a player doesn't care about the test then he won't put in the time to get ready for it. But take that same player who loves football and tell him to learn a defensive scheme and they will know that sh*t inside and out.

This.

Football I.Q. = See Ball - Get Ball
Originally posted by highway49:

Depends on what level of competition and the position you play. Definitely not applicable to all levels or all positions, though.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by highway49:

Depends on what level of competition and the position you play. Definitely not applicable to all levels or all positions, though.

Sure, but PP will be a dam good football player, imo
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Playing CB is not the same as QB or OL, where intelligence tends to be far more significant. In many cases, CB's are simply locked onto a receiver; they don't have to make many reads, or learn an extensive playbook.

So, the number, while frighteningly low, it should not impact his play.

What did A.J. Green score?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Green was on the "juggling team" at his elementary school, telling The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he learned to juggle balls and props as early as second grade. Green said it helped his hand-eye coordination a lot from an early age. He's able to juggle four balls and various props such as bowling pins.[1]

He also started riding a unicycle in fourth grade.

Wikipedia.com

He must have been busy working on career skills.
Share 49ersWebzone