LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wonderlic scores

@mortreportQBs prepped more in this era. McElroy 43, Gabbert 42, Ponder 35, Stanzi 30, Dalton 29, Mallett 26, Newton 21, Locker 20. What does it mean?

It means University of Alabama is top notch and University of Washington has bad teachers, LOL

gives a crap about wonderlic scores, this is football

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's "gut" feeling is still that Jake Locker will be the Vikings' draft pick at No. 12 overall.
Zulgad, the top Vikings beat reporter in the country, expressed a similar belief a few weeks back. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has predicted Locker will not fall out of the top-20 picks. Locker has his Pro Day on March 30.

rotoworld.com

yea, no thanks.
One AFC West scout "significantly upgraded" Arizona DE Brooks Reed's draft grade after watching him play in person against Iowa.
Reed tormented highly regarded Hawkeyes left tackle Riley Reiff throughout that game, racking up an absurd five quarterback pressures, four QB hits, 3.5 tackles, and 2.5 sacks. It was probably Reed's best game of the season. He did it all playing from a three-point stance, but is expected to be an outside linebacker playing primarily in a two-point stance at the next level.

rotoworld from national football post

Hate to say it but don't think he is going to be there for our 2nd rounder.
Illinois ILB Martez Wilson struggled at the Fighting Illini Pro Day according to multiple accounts.
Wilson demonstrated "stiffness," according to Sporting News' Russ Lande, and CBS Sports' Rob Rang heard even more scathing reviews. "Everyone left that workout disappointed with him," said one scout. "His footwork was bad, his hands were bad, even his countenance was bad. ... He didn't look like he wanted to be there." This won't ease concern that Wilson was a workout wonder at the Combine, running the fastest forty among linebackers.

rotoworld.com

Fast turning into the Vernon Gholston award candidate for this year.
According to Sporting News' Russ Lande, Illinois' Corey Liuget has emerged as an "elite" defensive tackle prospect behind only Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley in the 2011 draft class.
Lande described Liuget's Pro Day as "great," and CBS Sports' Rob Rang echoes the sentiment. One longtime scout characterized the session as "one of the best workouts I've ever seen from a defensive lineman." Per Rang, Liuget displayed "great explosiveness, hip flexibility, and quick feet." Added one scout "I'm not sure (Liuget) broke a sweat." Liuget will be in the first round of our next mock draft. He hadn't been to this point.

rotoworld.com

ridiculous defensive line class
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Illinois ILB Martez Wilson struggled at the Fighting Illini Pro Day according to multiple accounts.
Wilson demonstrated "stiffness," according to Sporting News' Russ Lande, and CBS Sports' Rob Rang heard even more scathing reviews. "Everyone left that workout disappointed with him," said one scout. "His footwork was bad, his hands were bad, even his countenance was bad. ... He didn't look like he wanted to be there." This won't ease concern that Wilson was a workout wonder at the Combine, running the fastest forty among linebackers.

rotoworld.com

Fast turning into the Vernon Gholston award candidate for this year.

I never understood why his stock soared so high. Even after his great combine numbers, I still saw him as a 3rd round prospect at best.
Harbaugh is at Gabberts pro day: http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/17/11/Harbaugh-attends-Gabberts-pro-day-in-Mis/landing_niners.html?blockID=442768&feedID=3432
mattbarrows

Niners running back coach Tom Rathman is putting Owen Marecic through RB drills. Marecic considered the top fullback in the draft ...
NFL source: Colin Kaepernick scored a 37 on Wonderlic | National Football Post http://t.co/jc7qOlG via @ravensinsider
mattbarrows

Niners running back coach Tom Rathman is putting Owen Marecic through RB drills. Marecic considered the top fullback in the draft ...

I really want this kid. He would be a perfect fit.

Originally posted by ninertico:
mattbarrows

I really want this kid. He would be a perfect fit.

Me too. He's probably not as physical as Fred Beasley was, but this guy will put his body on the line on every play.
Matt Barrows mattbarrows

Stanford DB Richard Sherman going through WR drills as well. He has some history at the position.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
According to Sporting News' Russ Lande, Illinois' Corey Liuget has emerged as an "elite" defensive tackle prospect behind only Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley in the 2011 draft class.
Lande described Liuget's Pro Day as "great," and CBS Sports' Rob Rang echoes the sentiment. One longtime scout characterized the session as "one of the best workouts I've ever seen from a defensive lineman." Per Rang, Liuget displayed "great explosiveness, hip flexibility, and quick feet." Added one scout "I'm not sure (Liuget) broke a sweat." Liuget will be in the first round of our next mock draft. He hadn't been to this point.

rotoworld.com

ridiculous defensive line class

Muhammad Wilkerson is on the rise as well. Both guys will go mid 1st round imo.
AdamSchefter

Cam Newton went first, now Blaine Gabbert. Panthers coaches/officials will put Gabbert through a private workout Saturday in Missouri.
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

RT @Kaepernick10 Done with the photo shoot now on to this workout. > Do NOT keep Mr. Harbaugh & Co. waiting.
Share 49ersWebzone