LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 274 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

I think Kap could change the way he loads, the release is fine it just that chicken wing loading the slows him down... I think he is the type of athlete that can learn new mechanics and make it his own and look natural... we will see.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Playing CB is not the same as QB or OL, where intelligence tends to be far more significant. In many cases, CB's are simply locked onto a receiver; they don't have to make many reads, or learn an extensive playbook.

So, the number, while frighteningly low, it should not impact his play.

I don't want my corners to think. I want them to react. You're right on here.

However, if Peterson had to switch to safety, i'd prefer him to be smarter.

If Peterson had to switch to safety, I'd prefer we not draft him.

And that is a problem the team needs to look at if we feel a switch to safety is in his future. I can't think of any CB's his size, at 220 lbs., in the NFL. I also want a cerebral safety.
Peter King is reporting, via a “good source,” that the Eagles have been offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Kevin Kolb, but are hoping to strike a deal with a team holding a higher pick. This, obviously, suggests the Niners aren’t the ones who have offered their first-rounder. So it seems Kolb is not the guy. I would think if they liked Kolb than you would pay any draft pick for your QB. The Niners must be targeting another free agent or they see their QB in the draft. Also if Philly trades with Arizona than that might hurt us if they are targeting one of our defensive prospects.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Peter King is reporting, via a “good source,” that the Eagles have been offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Kevin Kolb, but are hoping to strike a deal with a team holding a higher pick. This, obviously, suggests the Niners aren’t the ones who have offered their first-rounder. So it seems Kolb is not the guy. I would think if they liked Kolb than you would pay any draft pick for your QB. The Niners must be targeting another free agent or they see their QB in the draft. Also if Philly trades with Arizona than that might hurt us if they are targeting one of our defensive prospects.

Unless there's a CBA it's pointless, because no trades involving a player can be made. Seattle is the rumored team to be involved, but come draft day you never know they might change their mind and go with Ponder or whoever.
AdamSchefter

Panthers have given forms of their playbook to Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett. Each will be tested on it on visit to Carolina.
Originally posted by valrod33:
AdamSchefter

Panthers have given forms of their playbook to Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett. Each will be tested on it on visit to Carolina.

Originally posted by teeohh:
AdamSchefter

How fun would the draft be if Ryan Mallett went number 1
AdamSchefter

How fun would the draft be if Ryan Mallett went number 1

Maybe Mallet goes #1 in the CFL draft but I think not in the NFL...
  • dj43
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I would not be at all surprised if Philly is able to get a mid-high 1st for him. As QB hungry as this league is, somebody is bound to pony up AT LEAST a low-mid 1st.

I still contend there is no QB in this draft worth the #7 overall pick.

Get an impact player at #7. Don't waste that value on a QB.

AdamSchefter

Well, we all know who has the best arm of the bunch and that truly is Mallett.

Maybe Carolina can "handle" his "character" issues.

Still, there is a reason they are having Mallett come prepared. I betcha he wows them over Gabbert and Newton.

and yes, I too, would be
Originally posted by ninertico:
AdamSchefter

Still, there is a reason they are having Mallett come prepared. I betcha he wows them over Gabbert and Newton.

and yes, I too, would be

I bet that Mallett is an insurance policy. If they really like him or if they aren't thrilled by Gabbert or Neuton then I bet they traid back for more picks then take him.
Originally posted by aclarke49:
AdamSchefter

and yes, I too, would be

I bet that Mallett is an insurance policy. If they really like him or if they aren't thrilled by Gabbert or Neuton then I bet they traid back for more picks then take him.

Or they're hoping to get him at the top of the second....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
AdamSchefter

and yes, I too, would be

They'd have to trade up because they don't have a second round pick.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
AdamSchefter

and yes, I too, would be

They'd have to trade up because they don't have a second round pick.

Oh......

Maybe they are thinking about trading back then....
Share 49ersWebzone