There are 209 users in the forums

Cam Newton - videos and more

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Late 1st round

That will go 1st or second overall.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
what other players other than Cam and Russell have had a media only work out?

Russell had a media only work-out?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Didn't he throw 80 yards while taking a s**t?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

I think it was his regular pro-day workout.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

I think it was his regular pro-day workout.

He took a s**t in front of everyone!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
...oh and comparisons between Russell and Cam Newton are hilarious. Russell was lazy and out of shape - he was like that in college and it was obvious that once he gets paid 60M dollars, he was going to turn into a cow.

Cam Newton is a chiseled beast. The guy works hard. That alone should dismiss any comparisons. Russell was a super-talented QB, and if he worked hard - there is no question in my mind he would still be the starting QB of the Raiders.
...oh and comparisons between Russell and Cam Newton are hilarious. Russell was lazy and out of shape - he was like that in college and it was obvious that once he gets paid 60M dollars, he was going to turn into a cow.

Cam Newton is a chiseled beast. The guy works hard. That alone should dismiss any comparisons. Russell was a super-talented QB, and if he worked hard - there is no question in my mind he would still be the starting QB of the Raiders.

dude go look up quotes on wes miles and their coaching staff that's not what they said abouit russell. he wasn't lazy or out of shape. dude he worked hard at LSU & miles stuck his neck out on that.
once he got to the raiders they pooped on him, and i don't think he was 1) mature enough/wasn't ready for the nfl 2)got depressed 3) they had some bad coaching as well.
infact a couple of months ago on espn there was that special on russell & what happened. during that special they interviewed 3 LSU coaches including Miles & they all said that's notthe russell who was at LSU. Obviosuly something happened when he went to the raiders.
not trying to stick up for russell, but what if he stayed in college.
i bet cam newton once he gets piad the big buckos will stroll down memory lan and hit some of his bad habbits to & turn into a chisled ox lol. watch out he might smoke some weed & steal your laptop
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
it was obvious that once he gets paid 60M dollars, he was going to turn into a cow.

Just finally watched the video. I've lost all respect for Dilfer. How are scouts suppose to be drooling over this workout? Was decent at best. I mean nothing jumps out at u. I guess dilfer wants to be like kiper. Not impressive. I was expecting something amazing to happen lol because of how dilfer blew this up
Originally posted by wailers15:
Just finally watched the video. I've lost all respect for Dilfer. How are scouts suppose to be drooling over this workout? Was decent at best. I mean nothing jumps out at u. I guess dilfer wants to be like kiper. Not impressive. I was expecting something amazing to happen lol because of how dilfer blew this up

I lost respect for Dilfer also. Seems he's sold out to ESPN.

• evil
  • Veteran
Wow the hate for Cam is strong. I love reading stuff like "this video shows nothing" because had his footwork from working under center been sloppy people would be s**tting all over it. If his accuracy appeared to be bad they'd s**t on that too. But the fact that he does something good ? They still try to downplay it. No love really (minus a few good vets) for what he does right, or the fact that he is putting himself out there.

Seems a lot of Cam haters on the WZ want him to fail or at least not be drafted by the 49ers.

There is also many who seem to have written off the QB position at #7 yet there are 2 kids who seem worthy at this point of going inside the top 10. QB is still a very real possibility at 7 and it seems some are going to need to warm up to this idea or they could be setting themselves up for disappointment come draft day.

The kid is a great prospect with some character concerns that need to be checked out, but if he is past all of that and all checks out, I don't see how he isn't in the discussion should he be there at 7.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

So Dilfer was there IN PERSON, meanwhile you saw less than a quarter of the actual workout on Youtube and you lose all respect for Dilfer ?

OK then, moving right along to our next item on the agenda this morning.....
# 3 to buffalo?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I Love this hype. It will make Harbaugh check him out thoroughly and maybe the 49ers can send messages that they plan to take him with their first pick, thus forcing Washington or another team to trade with us to get him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
# 3 to buffalo?

I don't think he get's past Arizona at #5. Which means Gabbert should fall to us.
Share 49ersWebzone