LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Senior Bowl Week

At first I thought this was just a ranking of seniors from Senior Bowl week, since Stanzi and Ponder were at the top. Then I looked down the list and saw some other guys who were not seniors... then I was confused. Then I threw-up in my mouth when I realized this was an actual grading for the upcoming draft.

For real dude?

You honestly think the Panthers, who need a quality QB, should take Stanzi #1?

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 30, 2011 at 16:54:53 ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

For real dude?

Where did i say that? These are just how good i believe the players are. I'm not saying Stanzi should be #1 pick because i don't know how other NFL teams feel about the qb crop, and neither do you.

BUT

If i were in the position i am, not being in other teams war rooms, this is how i'd rate the players. Sorry i'm not you. Sorry Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, ETC aren't who i look to for my opinion. Form your own bruh! Don't be a follower. Be your own person. I believe in you.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by communist:

Absolutely he has an injury history. However, i believe he proved at the Senior Bowl that those injuries are a thing of the past.

Christian Ponder was widely considered a 1st round talent prior to his injuries. Heck he was widely considered a 3rd round talent WITH the injuries in question. That speaks to how talented he actually is.

1. He's extremely smart. Graduated in 2 1/2 years. in what? sociology??? wooooooow
2. Solid frame.
3. Better than average mechanics.
4. Excellent footwork.
5. Can make all the throws.
6. Ran a pro-style offense.
7. Has proven he can read coverages.
8. Extremely mobile and awareness.

The only real issue with him is his injury past. He's probably the best qb suited to run the WCO coming out in the draft.

Ha. No. MBA
master of business administration?

Absolutely he has an injury history. However, i believe he proved at the Senior Bowl that those injuries are a thing of the past.

Christian Ponder was widely considered a 1st round talent prior to his injuries. Heck he was widely considered a 3rd round talent WITH the injuries in question. That speaks to how talented he actually is.

1. He's extremely smart. Graduated in 2 1/2 years. in what? sociology??? wooooooow
2. Solid frame.
3. Better than average mechanics.
4. Excellent footwork.
5. Can make all the throws.
6. Ran a pro-style offense.
7. Has proven he can read coverages.
8. Extremely mobile and awareness.

The only real issue with him is his injury past. He's probably the best qb suited to run the WCO coming out in the draft.

Ha. No. MBA
master of business administration?

"He also won the 2010 James Tatum award, given to the nation's top student-athlete,[9] and a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Award. Ponder graduated from Florida State in two and one half years with a degree in finance and a 3.73 GPA, then an MBA, and is studying for his second graduate degree, in sports management."
Not even worth a responce

For real dude?

Where did i say that? These are just how good i believe the players are. I'm not saying Stanzi should be #1 pick because i don't know how other NFL teams feel about the qb crop, and neither do you.

BUT

If i were in the position i am, not being in other teams war rooms, this is how i'd rate the players. Sorry i'm not you. Sorry Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, ETC aren't who i look to for my opinion. Form your own bruh! Don't be a follower. Be your own person. I believe in you.

LMAO

Given that you you just basically summarized the slogan of counter-culturalism, something tells me that you aren't original, but try so hard to "follow" those who are.

Anyway, if you actually followed the instruction of your English teacher in regards to sentence comprehension instead of following yourself, you would have understood what I was inferring with my post.

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. When I say "YOU think", that also means "if you were in control of said team." And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

In the future, try to follow along a little closer and stop trying to sit high on your horse as if you are something special.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 30, 2011 at 17:11:21 ]

"He also won the 2010 James Tatum award, given to the nation's top student-athlete,[9] and a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Award. Ponder graduated from Florida State in two and one half years with a degree in finance and a 3.73 GPA, then an MBA, and is studying for his second graduate degree, in sports management."
you said that stanzi graduated within 2.5 years in mba...but it's a master. what did he at bachelor level and how long?
the path in germany is: bachelor (usually 3 years) and then master (usually 2 years).

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

Given that you you just basically summarized the slogan of counter-culturalism, something tells me that you aren't original, but try so hard to "follow" those who are.

Anyway, if you actually followed the instruction of your English teacher in regards to sentence comprehension instead of following yourself, you would have understood what I was inferring with my post.

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

In the future, try to follow along a little closer and stop trying to sit high on your horse as if you are something special.

BURN

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

What's your deal?
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

Correct. Stats aren't everything. But they are almost everything. Stanzi is also a winner. Kid has won all 3 bowl games he's played in.

His 8.71 yards per attempt prove he's not a check down king.

Watch the Michigan St game. Great comeback. Proved his talent in that last drive alone.

Locker sucks. That much is obvious to everyone by now.

Gabbert? Please. Take your 16tds and terrible accuracy/touch elsewhere.

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

Cam, who the f knows. 1 yr wonder? System qb? Idk and neither do you.

Ok, I'll play along with you. You say stats aren't everything, but they're "almost everything." But you're basing your statements on just this year, forgetting what happened in 2009 too:

~Gabbert threw 24 TDs against 9 picks, 59% completion in '09
~Stanzi threw 17 TDs and 15 picks in 2009, 56% completion in '09
~Gabbert threw only 16 TDs/9 picks in '10, but upped his comp per. to over 63%
~Stanzi threw 25 TDs/6 picks in 2010 (similar to BGs '09 numbers), and upped his comp per. to 64%

Very similar stats if you compare them over a two year period...but in your mind, Stanzi is the #1 ranked prospect in the draft according to you, but Gabbert (who's also bigger, has a stronger arm and much better mobility) is boiled down to someone with "terrible touch/accuracy."

Can you see why you're not taken seriously?

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 30, 2011 at 17:14:02 ]

I think anyone can appreciate the idea of making an evaluation based upon your own perceptions, rather than popularity.

History has proven that quarterbacks are an extremely difficult position to judge, and its nice to see you go with the players you like.

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

What's your deal?

Sorry, but I got a little frustrated with your response, because you came off as belittling of those who disagree with your position.

By the responses of disbelief you are getting from others, you can't surprised that people aren't taking your draft rankings seriously. But, you can say whatever you wish, no one will stop you.

I apologize for being rude. Sometimes people say stupid things when they are frustrated.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

Correct. Stats aren't everything. But they are almost everything. Stanzi is also a winner. Kid has won all 3 bowl games he's played in.

His 8.71 yards per attempt prove he's not a check down king.

Watch the Michigan St game. Great comeback. Proved his talent in that last drive alone.

Locker sucks. That much is obvious to everyone by now.

Gabbert? Please. Take your 16tds and terrible accuracy/touch elsewhere.

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

Cam, who the f knows. 1 yr wonder? System qb? Idk and neither do you.

Ok, I'll play along with you. You say stats aren't everything, but they're "almost everything." But you're basing your statements on just this year, forgetting what happened in 2009 too:

~Gabbert threw 24 TDs against 9 picks, 59% completion in '09
~Stanzi threw 17 TDs and 15 picks in 2009, 56% completion in '09
~Gabbert threw only 16 TDs/9 picks in '10, but upped his comp per. to over 63%
~Stanzi threw 25 TDs/6 picks in 2010 (similar to BGs '09 numbers), and upped his comp per. to 64%

Very similar stats if you compare them over a two year period...but in your mind, Stanzi is the #1 ranked prospect in the draft according to you, but Gabbert (who's also bigger, has a stronger arm and much better mobility) is boiled down to someone with "terrible touch/accuracy."

Can you see why you're not taken seriously?

So while one PROgressed the other REgressed?

What kind of argument is that bruh?

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

What's your deal?

Sorry, but I got a little frustrated with your response, because you came off as belittling of those who disagree with your position.

By the responses of disbelief you are getting from others, you can't surprised that people aren't taking your draft rankings seriously. But, you can say whatever you wish, no one will stop you.

I apologize for being rude. Sometimes people say stupid things when they are frustrated.

I'm not belittling anyone. I just truly believe what my eyes tell me. I also truly believe that if we were all deaf to the world of pundits, there is no way that someone could truly look at a guy like Gabbert and say that he's better than Stanzi. The stats don't back it, the film doesn't back it, and HE LOST IN THE HEAD TO HEAD. Just sayin.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. When I say "YOU think", that also means "if you were in control of said team." And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

You're overreacting a little bit. This is his player rankings, not a mock draft. The guy has the guts to say Stanzi is the best quarterback/player in the draft. I respect that even if I think his rankings are horrible.
Share 49ersWebzone