LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Senior Bowl Week

These are my POST Senior Bowl Week Rankings. These are where I value each player. The biggest and most important jump is clearly Christian Ponder. All i needed to do was see that he was healthy. He certainly proved that. Andy Dalton slips because he really didn't take advantage of his snaps in practice the way i hoped he would. I'm slightly concerned he won't be able to read defenses while dropping back from under center. Stephen Paea dropped quite a bit because of his injury. Until i see him moving around again i'm worried, but it's still tough to drop him completely out of my top 32.

1. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
2. Christian Ponder QB FSU
3. AJ Green WR Georgia
4. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
5. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
6. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
7. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
8. Robert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina
9. Tyron Smith OT USC
10. Nate Solder OT Colorado
11. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
12. Marcel Darius DT Alabama
13. Andy Dalton QB TCU
14. Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
15. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
16. Mark Ingram RB Alabama
17. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
18. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
19. Cam Jordan DE California
20. Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma
21. Julio Jones WR Alabama
22. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
23. Phil Taylor NT Baylor
24. Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
25. Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
26. Rahim Moore S UCLA
27. Titus Young WR Boise St.
28. Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
29. Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
30. Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada
31. Danny Watkins OG Baylor
32. Delone Carter RB Syracuse

As always, i know my rankings aren't typical so just ask why i have certain players where i do.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Haters gonna hate
IMO NT Phil Taylor is a beast and I would grade him higher than most of those ahead of him in your list.
Holy s**t!!

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
IMO NT Phil Taylor is a beast and I would grade him higher than most of those ahead of him in your list.

He needs to lose just a bit more weight and show off his strength in the bench press at the combine in order to move up higher in my rankings. Both things i think he'll be able to do do with ease. With so many teams turning to the 34D, he could very well be a top 15 pick.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

Lol@thread title
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Wow...
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?
Originally posted by JDog:

You fail to come up with well thought out responses. How embarrassing for yourself.
Share 49ersWebzone