LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Lol coming from a guy that can't remember the 49ers 1st round draft pick three short years ago, I wouldn't expect you to see the Texans are hurting a lot more in the secondary then they are in their front seven.. They obviously would take Prince.

Im not referring to any misinformation, everything I have stated is fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvVPG1myMs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out that video, if he does have any conditions he's not going to tell anyone he needs the $$$ to badly. He has a history of avoiding medical help, his judgement & awareness are much to poor for my liking.

To everyone argueing with me about his intelligence listen to the people that created him & ask yourself how far did the apple really fall from the tree??

Not far in my eyes.

History of avoiding medical help? He missed the appointment and that was during a string of incidents where Quinn was forgetting things, having blackouts, and passing out. All of that was caused by the tumor.

And are you seriously judging his intelligence by how his parents speak? Congratulations on being one of the most ignorant posters we have seen in awhile. It's so ironic that you knock on their intelligence through how they sound when they speak, yet you continue to post with grammatical errors.

The man has literally compared his Life to Boobie Miles, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Not to mention his mom sounds like & slightly resembles buckwild from flavor of love.

& the grammar I type with is besides the point.. So you can go F*** yourself

Yea, he's hilarious isn't he?
Quote:
Quinn could dominate in any 'D'

By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

My colleague, Todd McShay, is absolutely right to say that Texas A&M's Von Miller represents a perfect example of a potential "instant impact" talent at the NFL level. After all, Miller's size, skills, athleticism and maturity make him a dynamic player as a pass-rushing 3-4 outside linebacker, a player who fits the scheme of any team that runs that system.

But he doesn't fit every system the way North Carolina defensive end/linebacker Robert Quinn does.

While Miller can fit a specific mold, Quinn could become dominant in any defense early in his career. As a gifted pass-rusher with the strength and smarts to be effective against the run in a 4-3, Quinn also has the athleticism, length and instincts to develop into a frightening threat to quarterbacks in a 3-4 scheme. For comparison, consider DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys. Ware and Quinn have a similar build -- Ware is 6-foot-4 and plays at about 265 pounds. Quinn is 6-5 and plays at about 270 pounds. As an NFL prospect, Ware was tagged with the "tweener" label by many scouts, and rightly so. Before the 2005 draft, there were concerns that Ware, a defensive end at Troy, was a little bit shy of the ideal size for a 4-3 defensive end and perhaps a little too bulky to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

But while that "tweener" description is often considered a negative, with such a special talent, it can be smarter to focus on the idea that he could fit anywhere. Quinn could be such a player. He is athletic enough to become an immediate pass-rushing threat in a 3-4 or 4-3. Houston, which needs help in building the 3-4, could use him right away. So could Tennessee, which needs a 4-3 defensive end. Or even Buffalo, which could employ a 3-4 or a 4-3, depending on personnel.

With skills potentially worthy of a No. 1 overall pick, Quinn could be the guy who impacts a team immediately. He's the round or square peg of this draft.

- ESPN
^^ Good article. Unfortunately, a lot of the haters on here still won't buy it

Im starting to get on the QUinn bandwagon but as ive stated before his tumor scares me
Originally posted by valrod33:

Im starting to get on the QUinn bandwagon but as ive stated before his tumor scares me

Yea me too, but if it hasn't been an issue the last three years, he should be fine. It's just something to keep an eye on.
I've been on the wagon

1. Miller
2. Quinn
3. Peterson

that is the order of preference. hope we get one of the 3..........

Yea me too, but if it hasn't been an issue the last three years, he should be fine. It's just something to keep an eye on.

I read he has to have an MRI every 6 months. I know it hasnt been an issue for him but that doesnt mean something couldnt happen later down the road(for his sake hopefully not).

I read he has to have an MRI every 6 months. I know it hasnt been an issue for him but that doesnt mean something couldnt happen later down the road(for his sake hopefully not).

Wow, that sucks

Yea, I understand. our doctors just need to keep an eye on him.

If the medical checks out I say we should pull the trigger!

Originally posted by PTulini:

If the medical checks out I say we should pull the trigger!

Me too!
Question asked today during a draft chat at CBSSports.com:

Would the 49ers be better off drafting Peterson/Amukamara at #7, and an OLB in the 2nd? Or Quinn at #7, and a CB, or QB in the 2nd?

Rob Rang:
The medical questions will determine whether the 49ers draft Robert Quinn or go for the safer pick (albeit a lesser need) in Amukamara. The depth at CB and lack of depth at OLB could force their hand as long as they are comfortable with Quinn's tumor condition.

Will Brinson, CBSSports.com:
Back to the question about the 49ers -- I think there's significant value with the cornerbacks there if they fall to San Fran ... wait and get defensive line later with the depth in this draft.

Rob Rang:
The best pass rushing OLB from this draft not named Von Miller could be Robert Quinn, if a 3-4 team takes him. After that, watch out for Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan. A lot of 3-4 teams like him in that role.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM ]
Quote:

By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

My colleague, Todd McShay, is absolutely right to say that Texas A&M's Von Miller represents a perfect example of a potential "instant impact" talent at the NFL level. After all, Miller's size, skills, athleticism and maturity make him a dynamic player as a pass-rushing 3-4 outside linebacker, a player who fits the scheme of any team that runs that system.

But he doesn't fit every system the way North Carolina defensive end/linebacker Robert Quinn does.

While Miller can fit a specific mold, Quinn could become dominant in any defense early in his career. As a gifted pass-rusher with the strength and smarts to be effective against the run in a 4-3, Quinn also has the athleticism, length and instincts to develop into a frightening threat to quarterbacks in a 3-4 scheme. For comparison, consider DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys. Ware and Quinn have a similar build -- Ware is 6-foot-4 and plays at about 265 pounds. Quinn is 6-5 and plays at about 270 pounds. As an NFL prospect, Ware was tagged with the "tweener" label by many scouts, and rightly so. Before the 2005 draft, there were concerns that Ware, a defensive end at Troy, was a little bit shy of the ideal size for a 4-3 defensive end and perhaps a little too bulky to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

But while that "tweener" description is often considered a negative, with such a special talent, it can be smarter to focus on the idea that he could fit anywhere. Quinn could be such a player. He is athletic enough to become an immediate pass-rushing threat in a 3-4 or 4-3. Houston, which needs help in building the 3-4, could use him right away. So could Tennessee, which needs a 4-3 defensive end. Or even Buffalo, which could employ a 3-4 or a 4-3, depending on personnel.

With skills potentially worthy of a No. 1 overall pick, Quinn could be the guy who impacts a team immediately. He's the round or square peg of this draft.

- ESPN

Why did Kiper only compare athleticism? Why not college production:

I've given Quinn's mediocre stats previously, so here are Ware's:

Quote:
Ware dominated the lower Division IA collegiate competition his final three seasons at Troy, as he finished his sophomore season with 19.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks, his junior season in 2003 with 16 TFL and six sacks and his senior season in 2004 with 18 TFL and 10 sacks.

I got info from here: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8210
Quote:

By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

- ESPN

Ive been a fan but Mel Kiper is really starting to lose it, he still has Daquan Bowers in his top ten for crying out loud.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm not on this wagon 100% but in my final mock I have the 49ers taking him with Gabbert still on the board.

I would be happy with Quinn if Peterson and Miller are gone.
Share 49ersWebzone