LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no id dint mean it like that he said that in his interviews he sounds stupid but i said all the scouts and gm at combine said he was pretty intelligent and ahs no character problems

I'm pretty sure he was more or less responding to GMNiners comment about Quinn sounding stupid.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no id dint mean it like that he said that in his interviews he sounds stupid but i said all the scouts and gm at combine said he was pretty intelligent and ahs no character problems

I'm pretty sure he was more or less responding to GMNiners comment about Quinn sounding stupid.

Yes, I was. Thank you for clearing that up.
Do you think he's going to say he Made the right decision & that he's happy about it. Of course not he's going to apologize his ass off hoping some desperate team will reach for a 1 year starter, with no integrity what so ever that btw has a brain tumor that could end his career in a heart beat.

If his tumor really made him appreciate the small things he wouldn't be shopping at Jacobs.

Some people believe everything they hear..
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Do you think he's going to say he Made the right decision & that he's happy about it. Of course not he's going to apologize his ass off hoping some desperate team will reach for a 1 year starter, with no integrity what so ever that btw has a brain tumor that could end his career in a heart beat.

If his tumor really made him appreciate the small things he wouldn't be shopping at Jacobs.

We already know about the brain tumor! Have you read anything that's been posted in this thread? The brain tumor was discovered back in high school. It's been monitored ever since and he's played through it without any problems. I haven't heard about any medical issues that any teams may have? I don't think it's as big of an issue as some make it seem.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM ]

Well I sure am glad you're here to put everyone in their place and tell us what Quinn is really thinking.

If you condemn a guy for making a mistake once in their life you'd have a pretty empty draft board.

As for the tumor, once again...he's obviously been playing with it. NFL teams have very good doctors to check on stuff like this. Any player can be killed(Sean Taylor) or get into a career ending accident(Derrick Thomas) and have their career end in a heartbeat too.

If it's a benign tumor the odds are pretty much the same as the above happening.
PT, . Might want to edit your post. Seems like a personal attack in there. Just trying to look out for you brother.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
PT, . Might want to edit your post. Seems like a personal attack in there. Just trying to look out for you brother.

Can't help it... I call 'em like I see 'em!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Can't help it... I call 'em like I see 'em!

Lol, I got you. Just thought I'd give you a heads up before it was to late.

We already know about the brain tumor! Have you read anything that's been posted in this thread? The brain tumor was discovered back in high school. It's been monitored ever since and he's played through it without any problems. I haven't heard about any medical issues that any teams may have? I don't think it's as big of an issue as some make it seem.

Were not talking about a mid round pick here, the player selected at 7 will be a multi million dollar investment & counted on to contribute instantly.

I don't know about your business sense but mine likes it's multi million dollar investments brain tumor free.

Were not talking about a mid round pick here, the player selected at 7 will be a multi million dollar investment & counted on to contribute instantly.

I don't know about your business sense but mine likes it's multi million dollar investments brain tumor free.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. It's pointless!

Since apparently you think your so bright take a look at what the pros think..

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/153222-tarheels-de-robert-quinns-brain-tumor-scaring.html
If we are going by college pedigrees we'd better take the QB from Notre Dame, no matter how good or bad he is. There must be a third stringer graduating. Balmer is not Quinn and vice versa. To try and equate one with the other...not working for me.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:32 PM ]

Since apparently you think your so bright take a look at what the pros think..

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/153222-tarheels-de-robert-quinns-brain-tumor-scaring.html

You just proved my point in your own link!

Quote:
As McClain notes, however, Quinn's tumor "hasn't caused him a problem since high school." While we presume it could reappear as a problem down the road, there's been nothing in the last three years to suggest it's an immediate concern.

Of course teams would be concerned, but that's why each team does their own medical checks. The more they know, the better. COVER YOUR ASS!

That's what scares me about him too. Since 2007 defensive ends have had a horrible bust ratio and I'd just like to see a larger body of work.

Prince is a pretty safe pick with more upside than people think. You have no use for a defensive end that can't get to the QB. If a corner doesn't pan out the way you like he still has value to the team. Whether it's a safety, opposite corner, or nickel corner it's still alot more valueable than a Gholdston or Robert Ayers or Aaron Maybin. Don't get me wrong you can completely bust on a corner (see Mike Rumph) but the odds of it happening are alot slimmer.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

That's what scares me about him too. Since 2007 defensive ends have had a horrible bust ratio and I'd just like to see a larger body of work.

Prince is a pretty safe pick with more upside than people think. You have no use for a defensive end that can't get to the QB. If a corner doesn't pan out the way you like he still has value to the team. Whether it's a safety, opposite corner, or nickel corner it's still alot more valueable than a Gholdston or Robert Ayers or Aaron Maybin. Don't get me wrong you can completely bust on a corner (see Mike Rumph) but the odds of it happening are alot slimmer.

I agree with Prince having more upside then people think. Alot of people don't know he went to Nebraska thinking he would play RB and then Bo Pelini became HC and told him he would make alot of money in the NFL with his size and speed as a CB. Plus he grew up a Jerry Rice fan, so I'd assume he was a 49er fan too.
Former Running Back Prince Amukamara Embraces Cornerback Position
Quote:
"The NFL has been a dream of mine since I was young, wearing my Jerry Rice 49ers jersey in the backyard," Amukamara said.
Share 49ersWebzone