There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SWAGG filled Rankings PRE Sr. Bowl Edition

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
..................why are Stanzi and Dalton the top 2 players?


Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL. They are the 2 best quarterbacks.

I can see your logic.... But what makes Stanzi the best QB in your opinion?

I think it was how amazing Stanzi was in his Bowl Game performances

His team has won all 3 Bowl Games he's played in.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
..................why are Stanzi and Dalton the top 2 players?


Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL. They are the 2 best quarterbacks.

I can see your logic.... But what makes Stanzi the best QB in your opinion?

I think it was how amazing Stanzi was in his Bowl Game performances

His team has won all 3 Bowl Games he's played in.


And his play was anything but good. You would hope he would have 1 great bowl performance right?
Hmmmm, you aren't related to Matt Millen are you?
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Hmmmm, you aren't related to Matt Millen are you?

good list. I love both Dalton and Stanzi more than the top supposed 4.

and im being serious. great Job, though Im not as high on Tyron Smith as some are.

I like Ijalana, and Love more.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Are you an alcoholic?

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
..................why are Stanzi and Dalton the top 2 players?


Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL. They are the 2 best quarterbacks.

I can see your logic.... But what makes Stanzi the best QB in your opinion?

I think it was how amazing Stanzi was in his Bowl Game performances

His team has won all 3 Bowl Games he's played in.


And his play was anything but good. You would hope he would have 1 great bowl performance right?

Last years Orange Bowl against a very good GT team
17/29 231yds 8.0avg 2td 1int

That was after not playing for almost 2 months because of his ankle injury.

But hey lets be you and judge a guys whole career on 1 or 2 games. Because you know thats how to really measure a persons talent.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good list. I love both Dalton and Stanzi more than the top supposed 4.

and im being serious. great Job, though Im not as high on Tyron Smith as some are.

I like Ijalana, and Love more.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I see in Tyron Smith an OT w/ unlimited potential. Not the best right now, but in 2 years...i can see it.

Ben Ijalana is super raw and because he went to Nova i don't know enough about him. Really outside of Brian Westbrook i'm not sure who has come out of Nova.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,451
I think stanzi is the best qb in this draft too... But he wouldn't even crack my top 50 players
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good list. I love both Dalton and Stanzi more than the top supposed 4.

and im being serious. great Job, though Im not as high on Tyron Smith as some are.

I like Ijalana, and Love more.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I see in Tyron Smith an OT w/ unlimited potential. Not the best right now, but in 2 years...i can see it.

Ben Ijalana is super raw and because he went to Nova i don't know enough about him. Really outside of Brian Westbrook i'm not sure who has come out of Nova.

HOF'er Howie Long and Brian Finneran are the only ones I know of.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
good list. I love both Dalton and Stanzi more than the top supposed 4.

and im being serious. great Job, though Im not as high on Tyron Smith as some are.

I like Ijalana, and Love more.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I see in Tyron Smith an OT w/ unlimited potential. Not the best right now, but in 2 years...i can see it.

Ben Ijalana is super raw and because he went to Nova i don't know enough about him. Really outside of Brian Westbrook i'm not sure who has come out of Nova.

yeah on ty smith, he will be good, just raw, same as ijalana.

the d1AA competiton wories me about him.
I definitely want Stanzi on this team and I think he could be easily had for a 3rd, but I wouldn't mind a reach for him in the second. I think it'd probably be better to trade up for Stanzi in the late second round and grab him around the 22nd to 28th pick in the second.

Though, he shouldn't be touched with our #7 overall pick.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I definitely want Stanzi on this team and I think he could be easily had for a 3rd, but I wouldn't mind a reach for him in the second. I think it'd probably be better to trade up for Stanzi in the late second round and grab him around the 22nd to 28th pick in the second.

Though, he shouldn't be touched with our #7 overall pick.

i like stanzi a lot as well. i wouldnt even use a second on him tho. and totally agree with the 7th pick but id like to throw out that not a single qb is worth our number 7 pick
Thanks for a fresh and bold perspective.

People say: "QB (or some other critical position) is a weak class this year" You cannot tell. The year the Niners picked first was supposedly weak because Lienart did not come out. In retrospect there's probably a HOFer at QB (barring injury) coming out of the '05 class, and the strong '06 class seems to be tanking (Although not ncessarily).

Now some say: "Bad QB class". I don't think so. What's your opinion?

Second question: Would you draft your QB in round #1, or take a flyer on hoping he slips and taking him later?

Taking into consideration that:

1. QB position is BY FAR the most important position and your team's future depends on it; and

2. Can one rely on all the other team's FOs not recognizing an obvious talent and snaping him up beforehand?

Or you could judge the first two equal in talent and hope that one of them falls.

What say you?