LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Jake Locker Bandwagon

All I know is in the Bowl game Jake didn’t' complete a pass until the 3rd quarter. No thanks I will pass on him
Who was the last QB who played all 4 years in college and never hit 60 percent completion that went on to be a good NFL QB?
Steve Young doesn't like him, and that's all I need to know.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

because Steven Young is a talent evaluation expert???
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

The great MLB Mike Singletary didn't like Patrick Willis, and the greatest basketball player of all time may also have been the worst talent evaluator on the planet.

he holds more credibility then we do
Originally posted by tylerr82:
Who was the last QB who played all 4 years in college and never hit 60 percent completion that went on to be a good NFL QB?

Not sure if he was the last, but look at this guys stats....What a Joke!!! Wonder how her turned out in the nfl

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Care to guess who that was?

Not sure if he was the last, but look at this guys stats....What a Joke!!! Wonder how her turned out in the nfl

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Cutler?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Cutler?

Who was it?

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Montana

Originally posted by BJohnson49:

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Montana

bingo!

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Nice try, but not a totally valid comparison. You are talking stats from over 30 years ago when QBs completion percentage was much lower than it is now. John Elway, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly all had at least two seasons of completion percentages lower than 59% I believe, and Marino and Kelly each had one of below 50%. I will say that of all of the Hall of Fame QBs I looked up, Montanas was the worse. So if we are going to keep all things equal, if you are saying we should draft Jake Locker in the third round, I'm all for it .
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Com---268
Att---515
Comp Rate---.520
Yds--4,121
TDs---25
INTs---25
Rush Yds---131
Rush TDs---14

Nice try, but not a totally valid comparison. You are talking stats from over 30 years ago when QBs completion percentage was much lower than it is now. John Elway, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly all had at least two seasons of completion percentages lower than 59% I believe, and Marino and Kelly each had one of below 50%. I will say that of all of the Hall of Fame QBs I looked up, Montanas was the worse. So if we are going to keep all things equal, if you are saying we should draft Jake Locker in the third round, I'm all for it .

I think the obvious point, is that college stats aren't everything. We could probably all agree that if teams could go back Joe Montana would be the #1 overrall pick every single year. I'm not saying he's Montana, simply saying that stats are just a piece of the puzzle, not the entire thing.
Locker

- hyper-competitive
- fast
- winner (he put that team on his back to win games)
- tough (played through injury)
- strong arm

NFL Comparison: Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
After the Combine watch Lockers stock rise to a top 10 pick. That's why I think we'll end up drafting him.
Share 49ersWebzone