LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

West Coast Offense...And The NCAA Quarterbacks That Could Be A Perfect Fit

My gut tells me Greg McElroy is going to be the steal of the draft (in round 2). Greg has been blasted in draft reports for having mediocre arm strength, but he's probably the most instinctually accurate/gutsy QB of the entire draft, and he didn't play out of a bulls**t spread offense (like almost 70% of all the QBs declaring this year).

The kid also put up some damn admirable numbers in a tough conference (SEC), playing with 2 broken ribs in 2009.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
My gut tells me Greg McElroy is going to be the steal of the draft (in round 2). Greg has been blasted in draft reports for having mediocre arm strength, but he's probably the most instinctually accurate/gutsy QB of the entire draft, and he didn't play out of a bulls**t spread offense (like almost 70% of all the QBs declaring this year).

The kid also put up some damn admirable numbers in a tough conference (SEC), playing with 2 broken ribs in 2009.

Originally posted by Joecool:

cosigned. Him or ponder.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:

cosigned. Him or ponder.

I would not mind taking 2 qb's in this draft.

The more and more I read about this kid and from what I remember watching, he truly is accurate. On NFLN, one scout called him "extremely accurate", twice. Wow. Does he have touch? Sure looked like it to me when watching him. He's highly intelligent, just missed being a Rhode Scholar, wow. His teammates love him demonstrating how his leadership qualities rallies the team. The other thing he oes well is "look off". That is an ability that is so underrated. IMO, he fits the Harbaugh QB criteria like a glove.

That being said, he truly doesn't have the "long ball". Neither did Joe Cool, but we sure remembered his touch, accuracy, nimble feet with "chicken legs", and of course, clutch. Well, that is a word associated with this young man. McElroy's intangibles is off the charts and will interview very well. That lends itself to success in the pocket where he "feels" pressure understanding the situation to move out of the pocket to extend the play.

He actually compares to Stanzi. Both have very similar qualities except McElroy's accuracy trumps Stanzi's in a heartbeat. So, we may see McElroy in a Niner Uni.

I really believe that we will not pick a QB in the first two rounds. Instead, that will be for the D. Harbaugh, being the QB guru he is and yes he is, will draft a QB just like Bill Walsh, RIP. He will do so from his WCO glasses and will pick the right ONE.

It just may be McElroy.

That's the thing, right? We now feel relieved that we truly have someone at HC that knows the importance of the QB position in the NFL.

Thank God!
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:45 PM ]
oops...
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM ]
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by PTulini:

ESPN: QB Scott Tolzien wins Unitas Award

ESPN: The meaning of friendship (VIDEO)

Wasn't Harbaugh going to interview the Wisc offensive Cord, Geeps brother?

You are correct sir. However, it looks like he has opted to stay at Wisconsin. They are offering him a raise to stay.
Originally posted by ninertico:

The more and more I read about this kid and from what I remember watching, he truly is accurate. On NFLN, one scout called him "extremely accurate", twice. Wow. Does he have touch? Sure looked like it to me when watching him. He's highly intelligent, just missed being a Rhode Scholar, wow. His teammates love him demonstrating how his leadership qualities rallies the team. The other thing he oes well is "look off". That is an ability that is so underrated. IMO, he fits the Harbaugh QB criteria like a glove.

That being said, he truly doesn't have the "long ball". Neither did Joe Cool, but we sure remembered his touch, accuracy, nimble feet with "chicken legs", and of course, clutch. Well, that is a word associated with this young man. McElroy's intangibles is off the charts and will interview very well. That lends itself to success in the pocket where he "feels" pressure understanding the situation to move out of the pocket to extend the play.

He actually compares to Stanzi. Both have very similar qualities except McElroy's accuracy trumps Stanzi's in a heartbeat. So, we may see McElroy in a Niner Uni.

I really believe that we will not pick a QB in the first two rounds. Instead, that will be for the D. Harbaugh, being the QB guru he is and yes he is, will draft a QB just like Bill Walsh, RIP. He will do so from his WCO glasses and will pick the right ONE.

It just may be McElroy.

That's the thing, right? We now feel relieved that we truly have someone at HC that knows the importance of the QB position in the NFL.

Thank God!

McElroy also makes better decisions than Stanzi. Stanzi has a bit of a better arm though. But I actually think McElroy will make a better NFL QB.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Dino:

My vote goes to Dalton.
i don't want another alabama offensive player on the niners as long as i live after glenn coffee. pass on mcelroy and his dog astro

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninertico:

It just may be McElroy.

Thank God!

McElroy also makes better decisions than Stanzi. Stanzi has a bit of a better arm though. But I actually think McElroy will make a better NFL QB.

McElroy has some legs on him. I am surprised. Didn't realize he has decent mobility.
Share 49ersWebzone