Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I pray to God we dont get him.

you can pray, but when all is said and done, we will take a good long hard look at him and might even pull the trigger....because he would fit the WCO scheme.

I think it would be crazy to pass up Peterson or Amukamara over this guy. Thats all im saying.

Peterson I am pretty sure wont be there. It'll be up to what Harbaulke wants, if they deem any QB valuable at #7 I will trust them. If Prince is the pick I would love it....but the team needs a QB for the future. And dont be mad at what mobile QB that they want. Thats all Im saying.

Oh I would deal with it for sure man but I would be upset about it.

You would be upset if Harbaugh signs off on him as the QB of the future?

Harbaugh gets paid to make for his decision to do that and is way more of an expert than me at analyzing players for the draft. If he does see something in him and take him then he has my support as a fan. However I think the more need is in our secondary. If Sam Bradford can pick us apart and offenses score over 20 points a game over us then we are going to have a very hard time winning period. Now that makes the QB situation to me irrelevant. I do not see one QB worth taking at #7 overall in this years draft NFL ready.

Sure we need secondary help....however, if we would blitz and put pressure worth a crap (lol), Bradford and anyone else wouldnt have 5 seconds to let anyone get open....Bradford is the perfect example though....a rookie franchise QB almost took a rebuilding Rams team to the playoffs. St Louis doesnt have any DBs worth to much, but their aggressive D made plays that masked their deffeiciencies. So franchise QB (with a competent DC)? Or a DB, and wait and get a re-tread QB with a year or two left?

No brainer for me here.

The Rams "almost" made the playoffs (in the NFC West) because of an overall team improvement. Although Bradford played OK, especially for a rookie, it certainly wasn't on his back.

Face Fact, bradford made Rams receivers look good...no one would have heard of these guys. Sure they didnt play like the Warner led Rams....but his play put his team in postion to win, along with a great attecking scheme on D.

That is not a fact. He played well for a rookie but they sure as hell didn't improve from 2-14 to 7-9 on his back. The whole team, now full of early 1st round picks on both sides of the ball, improved overall.

Why would we not get a QB now? This is a very deep and talented QB class. Why wait? We wont be in a high position (I hope not) to draft a talented qb. And we have one of the better QB coaches and evaluators now in Jim. Who is to say that Stanzi will be there in the 2nd? With Buffalo and Cincy and a host of other teams that need QBs picking ahead of us in the second round?

I never said lets not get a QB. I was solely responding to the Bradford comment. And when did I say anything about Stanzi or him being there when we pick in the 2nd? WTF are you talking about?

But since you asked lets stop here. This draft is NOT very deep at QB and the QB class is not very talented. Even with Luck it wasn't a great QB class but without him it's horrible.

We need a QB. There wont be any High Tier QBs on the Free Agent or Waiver Wire system any time soon...and you want to get a DB? NO! Give me a better, smarter DC that knows how to utilize blitzes. And give me a potential Franchise QB!!!

You're right on the first sentence. With Carr being the only QB under contract we need at least two! But that being said yes, I still want a DB. There's no reason to reach for an over-rated rookie over a DB just because he plays QB. There isn't one QB in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick now that Luck is out of the picture, so we go and get a special DB or pass-rusher. A game changer.

Sorry but having to rely on David Carr, and or a stop gap QB like McNabb past his prime, doesent excite me.

Me neither.

If Harbaugh can find gol in the 2nd or 3rd round....and get Prince....then OK....but I think that 3 of the top 4 qbs will be available at our spot...and we have to decide on which one Harbaugh will tie his future with.

I think a FA/traded QB + a 2nd or 3rd round rookie QB is the best we can expect. You don't draft s**tty QBs just because they are QBs. Well, a lot of teams do. But it never works out for them.

On that note I wouldn't mind drafting Cam Newton. Just not with our #7 pick. If there's a game changing DB, OLB, or DE/DT available at 10 you take him. Then, if a QB you REALLY like drops into the teens/20's, go after him with trade scenarios.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Jan 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by highwayone:
What team would waste a 1st round on this moron? Just my opinion, but maybe because I know the Niners are back to WCO, which takes more than 1/2 a brain.

yeah, what a moron! getting an MRI! such a moron!
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
I pray to God we dont get him.

you can pray, but when all is said and done, we will take a good long hard look at him and might even pull the trigger....because he would fit the WCO scheme.

I think it would be crazy to pass up Peterson or Amukamara over this guy. Thats all im saying.

Peterson I am pretty sure wont be there. It'll be up to what Harbaulke wants, if they deem any QB valuable at #7 I will trust them. If Prince is the pick I would love it....but the team needs a QB for the future. And dont be mad at what mobile QB that they want. Thats all Im saying.

Oh I would deal with it for sure man but I would be upset about it.

You would be upset if Harbaugh signs off on him as the QB of the future?

Harbaugh gets paid to make for his decision to do that and is way more of an expert than me at analyzing players for the draft. If he does see something in him and take him then he has my support as a fan. However I think the more need is in our secondary. If Sam Bradford can pick us apart and offenses score over 20 points a game over us then we are going to have a very hard time winning period. Now that makes the QB situation to me irrelevant. I do not see one QB worth taking at #7 overall in this years draft NFL ready.

Sure we need secondary help....however, if we would blitz and put pressure worth a crap (lol), Bradford and anyone else wouldnt have 5 seconds to let anyone get open....Bradford is the perfect example though....a rookie franchise QB almost took a rebuilding Rams team to the playoffs. St Louis doesnt have any DBs worth to much, but their aggressive D made plays that masked their deffeiciencies. So franchise QB (with a competent DC)? Or a DB, and wait and get a re-tread QB with a year or two left?

No brainer for me here.

The Rams "almost" made the playoffs (in the NFC West) because of an overall team improvement. Although Bradford played OK, especially for a rookie, it certainly wasn't on his back.

Face Fact, bradford made Rams receivers look good...no one would have heard of these guys. Sure they didnt play like the Warner led Rams....but his play put his team in postion to win, along with a great attecking scheme on D.

That is not a fact. He played well for a rookie but they sure as hell didn't improve from 2-14 to 7-9 on his back. The whole team, now full of early 1st round picks on both sides of the ball, improved overall.

Why would we not get a QB now? This is a very deep and talented QB class. Why wait? We wont be in a high position (I hope not) to draft a talented qb. And we have one of the better QB coaches and evaluators now in Jim. Who is to say that Stanzi will be there in the 2nd? With Buffalo and Cincy and a host of other teams that need QBs picking ahead of us in the second round?

I never said lets not get a QB. I was solely responding to the Bradford comment. And when did I say anything about Stanzi or him being there when we pick in the 2nd? WTF are you talking about?

But since you asked lets stop here. This draft is NOT very deep at QB and the QB class is not very talented. Even with Luck it wasn't a great QB class but without him it's horrible.

We need a QB. There wont be any High Tier QBs on the Free Agent or Waiver Wire system any time soon...and you want to get a DB? NO! Give me a better, smarter DC that knows how to utilize blitzes. And give me a potential Franchise QB!!!

You're right on the first sentence. With Carr being the only QB under contract we need at least two! But that being said yes, I still want a DB. There's no reason to reach for an over-rated rookie over a DB just because he plays QB. There isn't one QB in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick now that Luck is out of the picture, so we go and get a special DB or pass-rusher. A game changer.

Sorry but having to rely on David Carr, and or a stop gap QB like McNabb past his prime, doesent excite me.

Me neither.

If Harbaugh can find gol in the 2nd or 3rd round....and get Prince....then OK....but I think that 3 of the top 4 qbs will be available at our spot...and we have to decide on which one Harbaugh will tie his future with.

I think a FA/traded QB + a 2nd or 3rd round rookie QB is the best we can expect. You don't draft s**tty QBs just because they are QBs. Well, a lot of teams do. But it never works out for them.

On that note I wouldn't mind drafting Cam Newton. Just not with our #7 pick. If there's a game changing DB, OLB, or DE/DT available at 10 you take him. Then, if a QB you REALLY like drops into the teens/20's, go after him with trade scenarios.

sorry Gavin, I was killing two birds with one stone, here I got ahead of myself.

We do everything possible to sign Awesomewa!

We cant be gun shy about not taking a QB, because Alex didnt work out. Does it mean we may have to pick one at 7? In all honesty? Probably. We arent the only ones looking for a QB especially behind us in the first...and in front of us in the 2nd.

I am not interested in trading Kolb for our first rounder. That is what Philly requires. Cincy will not trade Carson now with Lewis back...and Denver, with Tebow as the heir there...will want a couple of picks for Orton....Im not sure that is the way to go either...it will have to though maybe. That leaves Alex and Vince Young, as option A & B, with Hasselbach and McNabb not to far behind at their age...but we better have a QB in this draft if we get those guys.

Again sorry for any confusion, I thought I had quoted NCninerfan on this too....guess not.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by highwayone:
What team would waste a 1st round on this moron? Just my opinion, but maybe because I know the Niners are back to WCO, which takes more than 1/2 a brain.

yeah, what a moron! getting an MRI! such a moron!

Tebow 2.0
Cam on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Share 49ersWebzone