LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 378 users in the forums

Cam Newton getting MRI following game

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I pray to God we dont get him.

you can pray, but when all is said and done, we will take a good long hard look at him and might even pull the trigger....because he would fit the WCO scheme.

I think it would be crazy to pass up Peterson or Amukamara over this guy. Thats all im saying.

Peterson I am pretty sure wont be there. It'll be up to what Harbaulke wants, if they deem any QB valuable at #7 I will trust them. If Prince is the pick I would love it....but the team needs a QB for the future. And dont be mad at what mobile QB that they want. Thats all Im saying.

you can pray, but when all is said and done, we will take a good long hard look at him and might even pull the trigger....because he would fit the WCO scheme.

I think it would be crazy to pass up Peterson or Amukamara over this guy. Thats all im saying.

Peterson I am pretty sure wont be there. It'll be up to what Harbaulke wants, if they deem any QB valuable at #7 I will trust them. If Prince is the pick I would love it....but the team needs a QB for the future. And dont be mad at what mobile QB that they want. Thats all Im saying.

Oh I would deal with it for sure man but I would be upset about it.

No you want Cam because you're a Cam Newton fan boy(I'm guessing). But honestly, even though his numbers looked good last night I wasn't impressed. He missed some easy wide open throws that if he makes, the game isn't even close. When he overthrew a wide open Darvin Adams, when he threw it into the dirt on that goal line play, and the almost pick.

You would be upset if Harbaugh signs off on him as the QB of the future?

Harbaugh gets paid to make for his decision to do that and is way more of an expert than me at analyzing players for the draft. If he does see something in him and take him then he has my support as a fan. However I think the more need is in our secondary. If Sam Bradford can pick us apart and offenses score over 20 points a game over us then we are going to have a very hard time winning period. Now that makes the QB situation to me irrelevant. I do not see one QB worth taking at #7 overall in this years draft NFL ready.

Harbaugh gets paid to make for his decision to do that and is way more of an expert than me at analyzing players for the draft. If he does see something in him and take him then he has my support as a fan. However I think the more need is in our secondary. If Sam Bradford can pick us apart and offenses score over 20 points a game over us then we are going to have a very hard time winning period. Now that makes the QB situation to me irrelevant. I do not see one QB worth taking at #7 overall in this years draft NFL ready.

Sure we need secondary help....however, if we would blitz and put pressure worth a crap (lol), Bradford and anyone else wouldnt have 5 seconds to let anyone get open....Bradford is the perfect example though....a rookie franchise QB almost took a rebuilding Rams team to the playoffs. St Louis doesnt have any DBs worth to much, but their aggressive D made plays that masked their deffeiciencies. So franchise QB (with a competent DC)? Or a DB, and wait and get a re-tread QB with a year or two left?

No brainer for me here.

Sure we need secondary help....however, if we would blitz and put pressure worth a crap (lol), Bradford and anyone else wouldnt have 5 seconds to let anyone get open....Bradford is the perfect example though....a rookie franchise QB almost took a rebuilding Rams team to the playoffs. St Louis doesnt have any DBs worth to much, but their aggressive D made plays that masked their deffeiciencies. So franchise QB (with a competent DC)? Or a DB, and wait and get a re-tread QB with a year or two left?

No brainer for me here.

Yeah but dude it would be so better and make so much sense to draft a CB in the 1st and drafting Stanzi in the 2nd. Hell we did blitz but just could never get to the QB in Manusky's f**king "Magic Package" and have Haralson whiff on a sack and make Matt Hasselbeck look like Michael Vick. Man we need a corner bad... EX. Darrel Revis for Jets.

No brainer for me here.

The Rams "almost" made the playoffs (in the NFC West) because of an overall team improvement. Although Bradford played OK, especially for a rookie, it certainly wasn't on his back.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

No brainer for me here.

The Rams "almost" made the playoffs (in the NFC West) because of an overall team improvement. Although Bradford played OK, especially for a rookie, it certainly wasn't on his back.

Face Fact, bradford made Rams receivers look good...no one would have heard of these guys. Sure they didnt play like the Warner led Rams....but his play put his team in postion to win, along with a great attecking scheme on D.

Why would we not get a QB now? This is a very deep and talented QB class. Why wait? We wont be in a high position (I hope not) to draft a talented qb. And we have one of the better QB coaches and evaluators now in Jim. Who is to say that Stanzi will be there in the 2nd? With Buffalo and Cincy and a host of other teams that need QBs picking ahead of us in the second round?

We need a QB. There wont be any High Tier QBs on the Free Agent or Waiver Wire system any time soon...and you want to get a DB? NO! Give me a better, smarter DC that knows how to utilize blitzes. And give me a potential Franchise QB!!!

Sorry but having to rely on David Carr, and or a stop gap QB like McNabb past his prime, doesent excite me. If Harbaugh can find gol in the 2nd or 3rd round....and get Prince....then OK....but I think that 3 of the top 4 qbs will be available at our spot...and we have to decide on which one Harbaugh will tie his future with.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:33 PM ]
Harbaugh will not rate Cam Newton as such a high pick

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

thank blizz for the insightful post. and you know this how?

What else did he tell you?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
In the press conference he said something about his back??

I don't see anything about an MRI anywhere but I heard him say in the press conference that "it was a number of hits in the game caused his back to go out".
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:

No brainer for me here.

Face Fact, bradford made Rams receivers look good...no one would have heard of these guys. Sure they didnt play like the Warner led Rams....but his play put his team in postion to win, along with a great attecking scheme on D.

Why would we not get a QB now? This is a very deep and talented QB class. Why wait? We wont be in a high position (I hope not) to draft a talented qb. And we have one of the better QB coaches and evaluators now in Jim. Who is to say that Stanzi will be there in the 2nd? With Buffalo and Cincy and a host of other teams that need QBs picking ahead of us in the second round?

We need a QB. There wont be any High Tier QBs on the Free Agent or Waiver Wire system any time soon...and you want to get a DB? NO! Give me a better, smarter DC that knows how to utilize blitzes. And give me a potential Franchise QB!!!

Sorry but having to rely on David Carr, and or a stop gap QB like McNabb past his prime, doesent excite me. If Harbaugh can find gol in the 2nd or 3rd round....and get Prince....then OK....but I think that 3 of the top 4 qbs will be available at our spot...and we have to decide on which one Harbaugh will tie his future with.

What makes you think a first round quarterback is going to solve anything? David Carr was a first rounder, how did he turn out? How did Alex Smith do? This class has monstrous question marks surrounding each quarterback. It's not deep at all, it has a bunch of "potential" stars who need a ton of work.

thank blizz for the insightful post. and you know this how?

Cmon

Cam is like the complete opposite of Luck on and off the field.
Share 49ersWebzone