There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Newton getting MRI following game

They didn't announce on what..but ESPN said Newton was getting an MRI following the game for some sort of injury.

What team would waste a 1st round on this moron? Just my opinion, but maybe because I know the Niners are back to WCO, which takes more than 1/2 a brain.
Originally posted by highwayone:
What team would waste a 1st round on this moron? Just my opinion, but maybe because I know the Niners are back to WCO, which takes more than 1/2 a brain.

Speaking of morons....
I'm not a huge fan either, but GMs LOVE the idea of a QB that's as hard to tackle as Newton. The guy just shrugged ducks defenders off all game. Someone will fall in love with that and draft him real early.
In the press conference he said something about his back??
Most likely it's on his shoulder.

The play was totally avoidable also. He already had the first down, but he wanted to finish the run going shoulder first into the defender.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Speaking of morons....

Would YOU draft him Mr. non moron?

Speaking of morons....

In the 1st round? Absolutely.

Speaking of morons....

Speaking of morons....

With the #7?
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Speaking of morons....

With the #7?

i think he's a nice pick around late 2nd to 3rd round in terms of value. but knowing the nfl, someone is gonna pull a tim tebow and draft him in the first.

the whole point of the WCO is to simplify things on offense, i dont think he would have trouble with it.
[ Edited by WestCoast on Jan 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i think he's a nice pick around late 2nd to 3rd round in terms of value. but knowing the nfl, someone is gonna pull a tim tebow and draft him in the first.

the whole point of the WCO is to simplify things on offense, i dont think he would have trouble with it.

Uhhh, maybe when Walsh ran it. But do you really think a modern implementation of WCO concepts would be "simple"? Have you seen the stuff Reid and McCarthy run? What about Kyle Shanahan (Mcnabb and his low wonderlic picked it up GREAT lol)? We need an intelligent QB with good instincts and accuracy. Newton is not intelligent and is not accurate.
[ Edited by binary2nd on Jan 11, 2011 at 3:27 AM ]
Say what you will about Cam Newton but I think he will make a fine NFL QB with the proper coaching.