LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

A solid cover CB is highly needed on this team. Let Clements earn some of the money we giving him and teach a younger talented player.......you know what they say, those who cant do, teach.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
I'd rather sign or trade for a QB then draft one in the first round

If i'm doing this draft, it's take prince. Wait until the second round. If luck came out sure grab him, he's the only qb i have rated top 10. Now as the others late first round pick possible second rounders!

Agree. Go Prince & no QB at #7!

The only 2nd round QB starting in the league right now are Jimmy Clausen and Drew Brees. So no you probably don't want to wait till the 2nd.
Just not Mallett or Newton . . . With #7 I'd be O.K. with Amukamara, Gabbert or Locker. All things being equal I'd rather give up #7 to philly for Kolb.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Just not Mallett or Newton . . . With #7 I'd be O.K. with Amukamara, Gabbert or Locker. All things being equal I'd rather give up #7 to philly for Kolb.

It seems to me an elite passrusher and 3-4 NT are the most difficult positions to fill in the NFL outside of QB. Are there none worth taking in the top 10? Lockdown CBs are a nice luxury, but into todays NFL of mutli reciever sets, I think its more about the secondary (no pun intended) match ups. If a QB isn't there I hope we trade back and pick up 2 first rounders.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Trade our high first for 2 low first and trade one for Kolb....
The better question is Prince Vs Robert Quinn.

I concur. And if it comes down to this, I would pick Quinn. An elite pass rusher can mask coverage problems and not so much the other way around.
Gabbert or Prince. But, Gabbert is not going to be on the board at 7.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Trade our high first for 2 low first and trade one for Kolb....

I like that.
It'll be either Prince, Peterson, or a DL. I bet we trade back into the 1st for Locker too.

Need to go qb unless we get a vet then we go passrusher or corner
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Gabbert or Prince. But, Gabbert is not going to be on the board at 7.
Need a qb and a speedy receiver
Just curious why people r so high on kolb
Originally posted by sfninerfan:
Just curious why people r so high on kolb

Because he's young, he's played in the west coast system, and out of all of the potentially available guys out there he's the best quarterback. He's not just a stop-gap, but can actually bring some real longevity to a position that's been somewhat of a revolving door for us.
Share 49ersWebzone