LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

I picked Prince... If Harbaugh is so good at developing a qb why would you take one in the 1st rd? Take BPA first then (unless that happened to be a qb) come back in the second and get your qb to "develop"
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Prince looks more like a frog in this video............Blackmon looks good though.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Prince looks more like a frog in this video............Blackmon looks good though.

Prince doesn't look too good here. I'll go with Locker.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I've changed my stance a lot about taking a QB at #7 now. I'd rather take a chance on drafting two QB's later than taking one at #7. And I've actually warmed up to the idea of taking Amukamara if he fell to us. I just don't like that he got torched by Justin Blackmon, there are a lot better receivers in the NFL than Blackmon and that's what worries me.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Thats what worries me, you take elite cornerbacks that high, I just dont think he is elite status.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Harbaugh nows what Locker can do in his time in the Pac-10. It would not suprise me to see us take Locker at #7 so Harbaugh can groom him in the WCO.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh nows what Locker can do in his time in the Pac-10. It would not suprise me to see us take Locker at #7 so Harbaugh can groom him in the WCO.

Harbaugh also saw him struggle too, it would not surprised me if he stayed far away from him either.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Thats what worries me, you take elite cornerbacks that high, I just dont think he is elite status.

Are you referring to my reply jim??
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, when I see him, I see another Joe Haden.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Harbaugh also saw him struggle too, it would not surprised me if he stayed far away from him either.

HArbaugh will take eveything into consideration, including the fact that Locker had very few playmakers and support around him. But, your right he could just stay away from him, unless he's there in the 2nd rd or something.

i go with Prince in the first if we get a vet QB in FA. Unless Peterson is avail. i would go with him at CB over Prince. Then we can find our Future star QB in the second or third round. let him develop for a year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah, when I see him, I see another Joe Haden.

Good comparison, only Amukamara is a much better tackler. I just don't like the angles Amukamra takes some times. He shows good coverage, but then he takes a bad angle and fails to not only make a play on the ball, but fails to secure the tackle also.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Id take Mallet with a QB guru like Harbaugh we shouldnt pass on a top QB prospect over a CB. Unless its Peterson.

The statue of Liberty? NO THANKS! Trade down and receive an additional 1st round pick next year!
I see it like this, if we by chance land Asomugha or Bailey, they will take a deeper look at grabbing a qb at number 7, if they end up making the bigger splash with a qb in free agency then i think they absolutely go for Prince, with a qb later in the draft
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If Harbaugh thinks one of the top QBs can start for the 49ers then he has to take a QB at #7.
Share 49ersWebzone