LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

At #7... a Prince vs a QB

If all the QBs are available at #7 would you pick one of them OR Prince Amukamura?
This I believe is what it will come down to for Harbaalke. I feel fairly certain that it should be Prince over any of these QBs at #7.
[ Edited by 2cents on Jan 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM ]
I'd rather sign or trade for a QB then draft one in the first round
  • mod
  • Veteran
There are a lot of decent QB's coming out in this draft but thats it... they are decent lol. the only QB i'd take at #7 is Luck and thats not gonna happen. I'd rather pick Amukamara, sign a vet QB and draft a project guy like Kellen Moore, Kaepernick, Enderle, Dalton, Devlin etc. with the hopes that one of them might be the guy.

if none of the rookies work out then we can see what are options are next year.
I'd take Prince in a heartbeat, but I can see Harbaugh taking a shot at Jake Locker because of how he can develop him. Or Harbaugh could feel confident is waiting for Luck in 2012.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'd take Prince in a heartbeat, but I can see Harbaugh taking a shot at Jake Locker because of how he can develop him. Or Harbaugh could feel confident is waiting for Luck in 2012.

I hope Luck struggles a little bit next year with a new coach and all. Hopefully his stock will drop and we can pick him up
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I hope Luck struggles a little bit next year with a new coach and all. Hopefully his stock will drop and we can pick him up

That would be a dream come true, but I don't see it happening unless Matt Barkley comes out next yr and has played better than Luck.
If Harbaugh is confident that he can teach Jake Locker to make NFL reads like he did for Luck, then Locker is the guy at #7. If he doesn't get that warm and fuzzy, we go CB if Amukamura is there (snowball's chance in hell Peterson goes past #2)...we then take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Christian Ponder fits the Harbaugh style of play very well...so does Stanzi.

Locker is the most talented quarterback in this class, and he has more upside than Andrew Luck. Its just a question of whether you can teach him to do the right things out there.
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
I'd rather sign or trade for a QB then draft one in the first round

If i'm doing this draft, it's take prince. Wait until the second round. If luck came out sure grab him, he's the only qb i have rated top 10. Now as the others late first round pick possible second rounders!
Originally posted by modninerfan:

So you do expect the Niners to do that bad that they would be in a position to draft Luck, even if he dropped some? Unlikely. Even Locker, who had a horrendous senior season is still being spoken of as a top 10 pick. Further, even if he has as crappy of a senior season as Locker, I don't see him falling far.

The only way the niners get is if the niners suck even worse next year or luck has a really bad year and other QB's do better than he does.

Id take Mallet with a QB guru like Harbaugh we shouldnt pass on a top QB prospect over a CB. Unless its Peterson.
if peterson drops im a happy camper
Does it bother anyone else that Prince didn't hasn't had an interception since Suh left?
Given Harbaugh's write-ups on Romo, Harrington, etc. proved to be on the money... I'll trust the team with whoever they pick up at QB. I have to admit though... all the first round QB prospects (Mallett, Gabbert, Locker, Newton) just don't appeal much to me. They all seem to need a lot of work. Of course, a lot can happen between now and draft time.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
None pf the QBs are elite as prospects, the top 2 CBs are, if either are available that should be the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone