There are 242 users in the forums

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

• Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
One NFL coach admits to some level of concern over TCU QB Andy Dalton's red hair color.
"Has there ever been a red-headed quarterback in the NFL who's really done well?" the coach asked. "It sounds idiotic, but is there any way that could be a factor? We've wondered." Doesn't Jeff Garcia count? Or did Todd Marinovich ruin it for all gingers? As SI's Peter King points out, Boomer Esiason visited no teams and had just one team work him out before being chosen in the second round of the 1984 draft. Fast forward two-and-half decades, and even Dalton's hair color is under scrutiny as draft season reaches new heights of absurdity.

lmao that;'s the dumbest s**t I've ever heard in my life. I read today that the Dolphins sent Dalton some of their playbook and wanted him to memorize it by the time they had a visit with him. This guy will probably be a first rounder, idk if that's a bad thing or not
Quote:
One NFL coach admits to some level of concern over TCU QB Andy Dalton's red hair color.
"Has there ever been a red-headed quarterback in the NFL who's really done well?" the coach asked. "It sounds idiotic, but is there any way that could be a factor? We've wondered." Doesn't Jeff Garcia count? Or did Todd Marinovich ruin it for all gingers? As SI's Peter King points out, Boomer Esiason visited no teams and had just one team work him out before being chosen in the second round of the 1984 draft. Fast forward two-and-half decades, and even Dalton's hair color is under scrutiny as draft season reaches new heights of absurdity.

Finally, some extensive youtube film on Dalton.

He does not have proper throwing mechanics. His throws seem to be all arm, no body.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Apr 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

He does not have proper throwing mechanics. His throws seem to be all arm, no body.

Is there a video showing some completions? Run for a first down? Some sign that the guy can play QB?
Quote:

100% smokescreen/joke.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by amigoj49:
I understand that WCO QB doesn't have to have a very strong arm. But, look at this Ponder video and tell me if he has any zip to his throws... Almost everything is like a lob... most of the time, receivers look like they are just waiting for the ball to get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCuu6UyO3B0&feature=related

...And just like that your comments are now to be completely ignored. Thank you, come again.

That was impressive.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

Is there a video showing some completions? Run for a first down? Some sign that the guy can play QB?

Watch the WHOLE film. And I remind you that this is not his HIGHLIGHTS... but throws during a single game. You'll see few bad throws, and you'll see great throws. He does have an arm! You can see that he can make ALL throws. You also see him making good decisions. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, you'll see him make GAME WINNING Throws. Dalton is a clutch QB and you can see it in this clip.
[/URL]
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Apr 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM ]
bump this over kaepernuickjshfkc's
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
[/URL]

This Ginger gives me nightmares.

the QB must have a soul
-Bill Walsh
I've seen the guy play several times in person. And I have to say he is accurate and IMO clutch. But there has been such a run on QB's early these guys are getting overrated. Somebody will reach maybe as high as early 2nd on him. His arm is not really that strong. And he's not that big. But like I said he is accurate. At the NFL level I see him more like a high end backup. I don't know if he is the long term starter or "franchise QB" type.
Harbaugh loves this guy a lot (judging from pro-day convos; personal opinions, and body-language).

Dalton fits the complete make-up of what Harbaugh wants in a QB (physically & mentally). -But it all depends on HOW BAD Harbaugh wants him, and if Harbaugh REALLY wants Dalton, Baalke will do whatever needs to be done to get him (even if it means trading up to #33 tomorrow to get him).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Harbaugh loves this guy a lot (judging from pro-day convos; personal opinions, and body-language).

Dalton fits the complete make-up of what Harbaugh wants in a QB (physically & mentally). -But it all depends on HOW BAD Harbaugh wants him, and if Harbaugh REALLY wants Dalton, Baalke will do whatever needs to be done to get him (even if it means trading up to #33 tomorrow to get him).

My exact setiments. Do what ever we can to snag him. Give N.E. a 4th and two 6th's or something.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 29, 2011 at 09:04:02 ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

My exact setiments. Do what ever we can to snag him. Give N.E. a 4th and two 6th's.

I think its gonna take more than that to get to 33 because of the perceived premium value of the pick. I honestly think we would have to trade our 3rd, both 4ths, or a 3rd and a fourth plus our second to get up to 33.
Share 49ersWebzone