There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does implementing the WCO require us to draft a big WR?

Originally posted by buhda:
Kyle Rudolph 2nd round

Don't think he will make it out of the first round.
Mike Williams of Seattle would be ideal (not a fan at all, just looking at comparison to Dwight Clark)..But the guys we have could get it done.. T.O. could do it too, but we may not wanna go there..

[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Jan 8, 2011 at 19:39:17 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Kyle Rudolph 2nd round

where do you see him going? Most of the teams picking bottom 1st either have guys there already or have much bigger needs at other positions.
If we draft a WR I hope it is more along the lines of Titus Young.

Kyle Williams could be a sleeper in Harbaugh's system and he probably got a good look at him in Pac 10 play before the niners drafted him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Armon Binns or Michael Floyd if we need a big WR. Both are 6'4 210-220 if I'm not mistaken and both are middle round picks but could start immediately. I however think we really need a speedy guy for underneath routes. Crabs is an explosive YAC'er by nature and hopefully we can get back to that but if we could get a massive FA signing like Santonio Holmes I would be ecstatic.
Originally posted by sfout:
Armon Binns or Michael Floyd if we need a big WR. Both are 6'4 210-220 if I'm not mistaken and both are middle round picks but could start immediately. I however think we really need a speedy guy for underneath routes. Crabs is an explosive YAC'er by nature and hopefully we can get back to that but if we could get a massive FA signing like Santonio Holmes I would be ecstatic.

Floyd will probably go top-mid 2nd round.

I really don't want Holmes. The guy really rubs me the wrong way. I can't believe he pulled that move to start the playoff game like that. Don't forget Pittsburgh sent him away for a reason.
1 word! BLACKMON!!! Trade back if theirs no cb or passrusher, or qb we like. Select blackmon. Select qb in the later rounders if you have to trade up for a guy now you have more ammo with the trade back!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Kyle Rudolph 2nd round

Probably not, considering the teams that will be needing a Tight End this year. Rudolph and D.J. Williams will duke it out for being the top TE taken. Rudolph may win out because of the size advantage.

Teams needing a TE that will draft at the end of the first, or in the 2nd before us are:

Atlanta - Gonzalez plans to retire either this season or next.
Carolina - Rosario, King, and Barnidge. Do you know any of these names? That's because they stink.
Denver - Their starter is Daniel Graham..
Buffalo - No legitimate TE whatsoever.
Arizona - Jim Dray, Ben Patrick, and Spach. Huge lack of talent there.
Cleveland - Since Kellen Winslow left, they've not found a replacement.

We already have big enough receivers for our WCO. What we need are fast, quick receivers that can get open underneath and get RAC yards. We need excellent route-runners.

We likely won't have a shot at him, but Blackmon fits that bill, as do Titus Young, Matt Szczur, Austin Pettis, Jerrel Jernigan, and Vincent Brown.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 8, 2011 at 20:43:47 ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

I really don't want Holmes. The guy really rubs me the wrong way. I can't believe he pulled that move to start the playoff game like that. Don't forget Pittsburgh sent him away for a reason.

Yea mid round is a little relative, to me it means rounds 2-4 and if we could snap up Floyd in round 2 or Binns in 2 or 3 I would be stoked. What did Santonio do? Do you mean tonight? Yea I am a 9er/steeler fan combo and I do know of how the two parted ways but you never know how he would be in the red and gold.

I would be willing to take a chance on Holmes but I would be wary of him.
JH would've drafted Desean Jackson...

Yea mid round is a little relative, to me it means rounds 2-4 and if we could snap up Floyd in round 2 or Binns in 2 or 3 I would be stoked. What did Santonio do? Do you mean tonight? Yea I am a 9er/steeler fan combo and I do know of how the two parted ways but you never know how he would be in the red and gold.

Binns will likely be available in the 4th and beyond.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Binns will likely be available in the 4th and beyond.

I've seen a lot of analysts giving him 3rd/4th round grades towards the end of the season. He was quite literally the only bright spot for Cinny's entire season. Definite potential and if he does fall to the 5th round he will be a steal. Way to big of an upside for us to pass on him in the later rounds.
Receivers who can hang on to the ball?
If Green is gone, which he is expected to be, I wouldn't mind drafting Justin Blackmon from OK State. 6'2, 215 and he can run. He was being compared to Larry Fitzgerald in this article.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6166242/college_football_oklahoma_states_justin_pg2.html?cat=14
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Receivers who can hang on to the ball?

Yes. Which is the biggest plus for Binns! He has soft hands and can catch mostly anything thrown in his area.

Originally posted by E-49er:
If Green is gone, which he is expected to be, I wouldn't mind drafting Justin Blackmon from OK State. 6'2, 215 and he can run. He was being compared to Larry Fitzgerald in this article.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6166242/college_football_oklahoma_states_justin_pg2.html?cat=14

We will not draft a WR in round 1 -- We need a CB and pass rushing DE/OLB and then a QB which I think we will find in the middle rounds.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:03:42 ]