There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricky Stanzi versus Blaine Gabb

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Blain Gabb!!!! The Gabster! Gabbaroni!!!!!

THIS!

The Gabster!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Blain Gabb!!!! The Gabster! Gabbaroni!!!!!

THIS!

The Gabster!

The great gabsby?
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by KingCrab15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Stanzi is the most overrated draft eligible QB on this board. This one isn't even close.

HEYYYYYYYYYYY WE GOTTA WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen a more true statement in a minute

Again, how is Stanzi the most overrated QB here???

Exactly to be overrated you have to be rated high first of all. And hes projected like 6th round. So if anything hes underrated.

Overrated on this board. Some of you think he's a better QB than Locker, Mallett, and Gabbert

I think he has potential to be better than them. Maybe not Mallett but definitely Locker and Gabbert.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Stanzi would kick his ass!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KingCrab15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Stanzi is the most overrated draft eligible QB on this board. This one isn't even close.

HEYYYYYYYYYYY WE GOTTA WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen a more true statement in a minute

Again, how is Stanzi the most overrated QB here???

Exactly to be overrated you have to be rated high first of all. And hes projected like 6th round. So if anything hes underrated.

Overrated on this board. Some of you think he's a better QB than Locker, Mallett, and Gabbert

Link??

The highest I've rated Stanzi was in the 2nd round, and with a good Senior Bowl and Combine, he could very well go in the 2nd. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he doesn't have the weakest either. Hes got all the tools to succeed in the NFL, hes just doesn't have a laser rocket arm. If he did, he'd definitely be a top 10 pick.
Watching some of Gabbert and even some of his highlights I just don't know what people are seeing? He doesn't even look that accurate on highlights... Stanzi is more accurate albeit with a less strong arm than Gabbert. I get that Gabbert is big and strong and has a real big arm. But I'm not sold yet. He may turn out well. It seems far from a sure thing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Oh snap, nevermind, I fess up, in September I thought of Stanzi as a late 1st round pick 25-32 to be exact. Since then, my opinion has changed.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Need I remind you that last year when Iowa almost went undefeated Stanzi played like trash? He throw 15 INTs compared to 17 TDs, the defense and running game carried them. Sure he is showing great improvement each year but he hasn't attempted nearly enough passes to warrant the idea that he could carry a game by himself. Get him up near 30 attempts a game and he only completes half of them. We aren't the scouts or draft junkies that work for ESPN but when they rate Stanzi with a 55/100 and it comes with this description
"50-59 Adequate Prospect
These are usually players that play at a high level in college, but lack some measurables or skills to play at that same level in the NFL. He may be a player that has a lot of developmental qualities, or could be a player that will contribute right away on special teams or in a situational capacity. He will usually rate in the second-third at his position and is considered a fifth round draft choice. "
I'll take their word and say hmm.....Devlin is rated as a higher prospect? Let's take Devlin over that in a heart beat, and Blaine Gabbert, or Mallett even more so.
I hate Stanzi for reasons I can't quite put into words but I just don't see him wearing a 9er uniform.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 6, 2011 at 22:38:56 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:
Need I remind you that last year when Iowa almost went undefeated Stanzi played like trash? He throw 15 INTs compared to 17 TDs, the defense and running game carried them. Sure he is showing great improvement each year but he hasn't attempted nearly enough passes to warrant the idea that he could carry a game by himself. Get him up near 30 attempts a game and he only completes half of them. We aren't the scouts or draft junkies that work for ESPN but when they rate Stanzi with a 55/100 and it comes with this description
"50-59 Adequate Prospect
These are usually players that play at a high level in college, but lack some measurables or skills to play at that same level in the NFL. He may be a player that has a lot of developmental qualities, or could be a player that will contribute right away on special teams or in a situational capacity. He will usually rate in the second-third at his position and is considered a fifth round draft choice. "
I'll take their word and say hmm.....Devlin is rated as a higher prospect? Let's take Devlin over that in a heart beat, and Blaine Gabbert, or Mallett even more so.
I hate Stanzi for reasons I can't quite put into words but I just don't see him wearing a 9er uniform.

Nevermind that Stanzi owned Penn St. and had three games with 3 TD passes in a row against Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan St.. And what are you talking about not enough pass attempts, he has 27 less attempts to Andrew Luck.
Not in the same league. Gabbert is a much better talent. There is a reason one is a top 10 pick, while the other will be lucky to go in Rd.3
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Not in the same league. Gabbert is a much better talent. There is a reason one is a top 10 pick, while the other will be lucky to go in Rd.3

I won't argue that, but I still like Stanzi over Gabbert. No doubt if Marcell Dareus or Patrick Peterson are on the board, I'd take them over ANY QB in the 1st round.
BLAINE. MOTHERf**kING. GABBERT.

This is just out of HIGHSCHOOL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Watching some of Gabbert and even some of his highlights I just don't know what people are seeing? He doesn't even look that accurate on highlights... Stanzi is more accurate albeit with a less strong arm than Gabbert. I get that Gabbert is big and strong and has a real big arm. But I'm not sold yet. He may turn out well. It seems far from a sure thing.

lol dude the other day you said the exact opposite about gabbert

i think you just like attention
I'd much rather have Stanzi in the 3rd than any of Locker/Mallett/Newton/Gabbert in the 1st. Especially if we get Harbaugh - Stanzi all the way
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

lol dude the other day you said the exact opposite about gabbert

i think you just like attention

NO. "I will say this"...... Gabbert is big. 6'5" 240 lbs. and he has a real strong arm. He can throw a long way. He's a pretty good athlete. I just don't personally see it from an accuracy standpoint when you watch him. But I think somebody will pick him high.