LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert enters NFL draft

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Why are people suddenly projecting Gabbert as a top 10, or even top 5 pick?

I can't find any other analysis, besides this board, that had him rated as better than a 3rd rounder, if not a 4th-5th rounder, prior to his declaring.

And most thought he wouldn't declare because he's be a "second day", project type pick this year, and wasn't even among the top potential QBs for the 2012 draft.

SI has Gabbert going to Buffalo at #3
Scouts Inc. has him at the #20 rated prospect overall
Various early draft predictions have rated Gabbert as a first-round pick and the second-best at his position behind Andrew Luck of Stanford.

I think he must be looking only at Walter Football or sites that havent posted a new mock for months. Obviously his stock is on the rise.

My guess is the Niners get Gabbert or Newton when its all said and done.

We can only hope. However, if Buffalo wants to develop a long-term solution, Gabbert will be the pick, leaving AZ to possibly grab Newton one pick ahead of us. That would leave us with Locker, and that would not be good (IMO).

If Harbaugh signs, I'm fine with the Locker pick.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I can't find any other analysis, besides this board, that had him rated as better than a 3rd rounder, if not a 4th-5th rounder, prior to his declaring.

And most thought he wouldn't declare because he's be a "second day", project type pick this year, and wasn't even among the top potential QBs for the 2012 draft.

Various early draft predictions have rated Gabbert as a first-round pick and the second-best at his position behind Andrew Luck of Stanford.

I think he must be looking only at Walter Football or sites that havent posted a new mock for months. Obviously his stock is on the rise.

We can only hope. However, if Buffalo wants to develop a long-term solution, Gabbert will be the pick, leaving AZ to possibly grab Newton one pick ahead of us. That would leave us with Locker, and that would not be good (IMO).

You might be right...I just don't think he has a good feel for the passing game, and since he's a QB, that could be problematic (yes, that last part is sarcasm).
Originally posted by SF69ers:

You might be right...I just don't think he has a good feel for the passing game, and since he's a QB, that could be problematic (yes, that last part is sarcasm).

LOL at the sarcasm. Actually got me confused when you said that haha.

I, along with most of you, will be following closely with how Locker does during the Senior Bowl and Combine. I really feel that he just didn't have enough talent on his team in Washington.
Kiper now has Luck, #1, Gabbert at #9, Newton at #13, Mallett at #17 and Locker at #25.

Wow, four top QB prospects in the top 25. Good for us. I still think that Newton just may be there when we pick at #7.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Kiper now has Luck, #1, Gabbert at #9, Newton at #13, Mallett at #17 and Locker at #25.

Wow, four top QB prospects in the top 25. Good for us. I still think that Newton just may be there when we pick at #7.

If we get a HC that has proven they can develop QBs, then I'm fine with any of those 5 QBs. Other than Luck, they all have flaws. But they also all have a lot of talent and could be really good with the right coaching.

I'm still holding out hope that we get Locker and he turns out to be the QB everyone used to think he was.
Blaine Gabbert has a good arm. he can run. he has nice tools for playing Qb in the NFL. I'm not sure if I would like to have him Because he is in the spread and He dosn't have read the defenses in the spread. He reads One WR or Half the Defenses, and YES that is what Alex Smith did in collage too. I have only seen Blaine Gabbert play two times on tv so I'm not sure what to thing.
LOL
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
LOL

LOL LOL
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL
Originally posted by communist:
LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL

ROFLOL

• bors
  • Veteran
mazzive lolz
How the hell did this guy become a top 10 draft pick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The draft really can be a crap shoot, can't it?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by communist:
LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL

ROFLOL

LMAOLOL
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
IMO Cam does not have the throwing accuracy of Tebow. Just from watching the games. Cam's passes are not that on the money. With Tebow you can talk about an unorthodox throwing motion but it gets there accurately. And that's all that matters.

Was just going through some past threads and this caught my eye.
Share 49ersWebzone