There are 202 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert enters NFL draft

I know there's already a thread for prospects who will enter the draft, but I'm making a new one for Gabbert because he's a potential franchise QB.

link: http://twitter.com/#!/schadjoe/status/22030585409048576
Dont see anything special about this kid

id rather go with Ricky Stanzi over Gabbert
McShay is projecting him to go #5 to Arizona right now. Long way off but he will be a first rounder no doubt and could be a Niner.
I wouldn't mind using our number #7 pick on him. I much rather take a risk on him than Locker or Newton. I know people will disagree and say we need a CB at that spot but a QB is the most important position in football and we do not have one.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
pass
He'll be a first rounder, but likely will be over-drafted. I think he's a top 20 kind of guy, right now.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I agree and i'm not even that high on Stanzi. I need to see more of Gabbert thought. I seen him that bowl game and nothing really impressed me about that performance. Just looked like a good run of the mill spread system qb.

I pray Arizona drafts this guy.
Originally posted by lamontb:

I agree and i'm not even that high on Stanzi. I need to see more of Gabbert thought. I seen him that bowl game and nothing really impressed me about that performance. Just looked like a good run of the mill spread system qb.

seems to be another coming of Alex Smith

NO THANKS

LET ARIZONA TAKE HIM EARLY THAT WAY WE CAN.........

What team did he play for?

same here

I havent watched Gabbert enough to make an real judgement on him. However, Ghost said that he has the ability to be an even better Aaron Rodgers which is amazingly high praise. If he can be that good then he would be the guy I go after at #7. I just am not crazy about Locker or Newton at that spot.

NO THANKS

Gabbert is more accurate than Alex and throws the ball down the field better. He's pretty tall at 6'5'' and also real mobile. He has a great arm and he's used to throwing the ball around a ton. Honestly, he reminds me a little bit of a less polished Sam Bradford. I would pick him at #7 if we can. Hopefully Luck comes out and someone else overdrafts Cam Newton so Gabbert's available. He could probably play well in any offense system too. I don't really see how you guys can compare him to Alex. Not to mention Gabbert would probably be playing under a QB guru like Harbaugh.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

NO THANKS

Gabbert is more accurate than Alex and throws the ball down the field better. He's pretty tall at 6'5'' and also real mobile. He has a great arm and he's used to throwing the ball around a ton. Honestly, he reminds me a little bit of a less polished Sam Bradford. I would pick him at #7 if we can. Hopefully Luck comes out and someone else overdrafts Cam Newton so Gabbert's available. He could probably play well in any offense system too. I don't really see how you guys can compare him to Alex. Not to mention Gabbert would probably be playing under a QB guru like Harbaugh.

I'll pass

Excellent news... our draft options just got more expansive in quality.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40895515/ns/sports-player_news/

QB Blaine Gabbert will enter the NFL Draft

Quote:
Gabbert is ideally built (6'5/235) and offers plenty of arm strength. Questions facing Gabbert will be his ability to adjust from a shotgun-only spread offense to a pro-style scheme, as well as suspect pocket presence and downfield accuracy. If he impresses in pre-draft workouts, Gabbert has the potential to be a top-ten overall pick.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

NO THANKS

I think it's ridiculous how people can compare someone to Alex just because this QB plays in a spread offense. Last year, they were saying the same thing about Tebow. They say the same thing when Locker throws an inaccurate pass.

People need to know what they're talking about before making statements like that.

I've only watched Gabbert play twice and I feel like I still don't have enough to form a valid opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone