LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 122 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch #3 (Jan. 1 - 4)

Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Julio Jones has pretty good speed for a big man. I never really pictured him as a burner.

Guess it's back to Florida Penn St. I think this one is over.

Yup. At least that one's competitive. Just two hours til the Rose Bowl..

Please, hurry up and get here already!
Unrelated to the games, but important news:

Texas CB Aaron Williams declares: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/longhorns/longhorns-announce-two-departures

In a very weak CB class, Williams figures to go quite early. He was really the only decent DB for Texas this year. Williams' size and speed combination and style of play make him a perfect to near-perfect fit in San Francisco's defense.

We should take a look at Williams if we don't draft Amukamara or Peterson in the 1st.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 1, 2011 at 11:49:22 ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Unrelated to the games, but important news:

Texas CB Aaron Williams declares: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/longhorns/longhorns-announce-two-departures

In a very weak CB class, Williams figures to go quite early. He was really the only decent DB for Texas this year. Williams' size and speed combination and style of play make him a perfect to near-perfect fit in San Francisco's defense.

We should take a look at Williams if we don't draft Amukamara or Peterson in the 1st.

I like Williams and I trust drafting UT DBs. He could slide into the 1st.
MSU is the worst one loss team I have ever seen.
I've immediately warmed up to the idea of taking Marcel Dareus with our first pick. I wasn't sure before, but the impact this man is making on the game is tremendous. This is EXACTLY the kind of player we need and desperately should want here.
I've immediately warmed up to the idea of taking Marcel Dareus with our first pick. I wasn't sure before, but the impact this man is making on the game is tremendous. This is EXACTLY the kind of player we need and desperately should want here.

If the CBA isn't worked out by the draft and theres no free agency, then I don't think there is anyway the 49ers do not go qb with their first pick.

MI State's RT is lost out there. He barely gets his hands on Dareus.
Originally posted by strickac:

Dareus looks like he's on roller skates out on the edge.

That's one of the most dominant performances I've seen by a D-lineman, especially a 3-4 DE prospect. It was an absolute clinic. I'm very impressed. His speed/power/size reminds me of Suh.

That's one of the most dominant performances I've seen by a D-lineman, especially a 3-4 DE prospect. It was an absolute clinic. I'm very impressed. His speed/power/size reminds me of Suh.

Dareus could be a good pick if the niners pick somewhere in the 5-10 range. It is quite possible that Luck and the two corners are gone then and Dareus (or maybe Nick Fairley) would make a lot of sense here. (And he looks way better, far more motivated and in much better shape than Clayborne did)

[ Edited by stever on Jan 1, 2011 at 13:21:17 ]

• titan
  • Veteran
Beat Down!
Yeah, but look at Dareus' competition all year. How consistent is he? Can he transition to the NFL d lines pretty quickly?
And the Rose Bowl begins.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Yeah, but look at Dareus' competition all year. How consistent is he? Can he transition to the NFL d lines pretty quickly?

He's a top 10 pick. Yes, he most definitely can.

And what about his competition? He played his best against top competition. #9 Michigan State.. Monster game. And his other competition?

Florida - had a TFL
South Carolina - had a sack and 4 TFL
Mississippi - had a sack and TFL
Tennessee - half sack and TFL
Auburn - sack and TFL
Great day for the Big 10 . . . . . . Wow!
Share 49ersWebzone