There are 285 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch #3 (Jan. 1 - 4)

Very impressive first drive by Dalton. Good decisions, great accuracy and enough armstrength to connect on some difficult throws
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I like Andy Dalton, too. Watched him a couple times this year and he's got an arm, can run, connects a lot on 3rd down, and has great accuracy.

I can't recall, but I think he's a Senoir Bowl invite. I think he has a serious chance to raise his stock a round or two over the following months. Games like this, All-Star games, and the combine can do wonders for some guys.

I think the guy would fit very nicely into a WCO system.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 1, 2011 at 14:31:48 ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I like Andy Dalton, too. Watched him a couple times this year and he's got an arm, can run, connects a lot on 3rd down, and has great accuracy.

I can't recall, but I think he's a Senoir Bowl invite. I think he has a serious chance to raise his stock a round or two over the following months. Games like this, All-Star games, and the combine can do wonders for some guys.

What's the highest and lowest you could see Dalton going?
Originally posted by 23zack80:

What's the highest and lowest you could see Dalton going?

Absolute highest: 2nd
Absolute lowest: 5th

Right now, I have him graded as a very high 4th rounder.
This game is going to be a good game.
I don't really like Tolzien's sidearm delivery, but he is very accurate and very effective with it.
By the end of today, Dalton may be the best performing QB we've seen this entire bowl season.
One drawback to Andy Dalton -- he's a red head. It may effect his draft status.

Lol I just had the same thought.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

But he's not a ginger so it wont kill his draft stock.

Dalton 5-7 102 yds 1TD 0 INT through 1 1/2 quarters.

I could definitely see him going in the top of the second to a team that missed on their guy in the first round.
By the end of today, Dalton may be the best performing QB we've seen this entire bowl season.

Yeah, I remember Kellen Moore seemed to play pretty well too though. The other guys we'd be looking at(Stanzi, Locker, etc.) have all looked bad or made costly mistakes to lose the game(Gabbert and his pick 6). Dalton might fit pretty well in a WCO.

I'm not sure I want a ginger for a QB though. just kidding haha

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Jan 1, 2011 at 15:03:16 ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Dalton 5-7 102 yds 1TD 0 INT through 1 1/2 quarters.

I could definitely see him going in the top of the second to a team that missed on their guy in the first round.

And 7 rushes for 31 yards with 1 TD, too.

I'd welcome Dalton with open arms to San Fran.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Lol I just had the same thought.

He could dye his hair.
Another important stat for Dalton compared to Locker and Stanzi is his win/loss ratio. The guy is 12-0 so far this year.
Share 49ersWebzone