There are 229 users in the forums

Kellen Moore

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
This dude will be scary good next year. Has to be a top heisman candidate.

He is great against every team he plays, big bad AQ team or not. Likely will work his way up to a 2nd round pick in 2012.

You don't think he'll declare?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Goldfinger49:
Here are the stats for two of the QBs. One received an invitation and the other didn't. One played against 6 Top 25 teams and one didn't.

NAME           CMP   ATT   YDS     CMP%   YDS/A   TD   INT   RAT
Kellen Moore   245   345   3506     71.0   10.16   33   5   185.0

Ryan Mallett   242   364   3592     66.5   9.87       30   11   170.5

Yes, Moore has a slight edge in the stats, but does anyone want to argue that Mallett did it against higher quality teams? I am really failing to see the logic of Moore being chosen over Mallett. Can someone put some perspective to this?

I don't think anybody suggests him over Mallett. Mallett is 6'7" and has a million dollar arm. Moore is 6'0" and not as strong but has great accuracy and reads the field well. Moore at worst would be a very high end back up. Something we need BTW. He will probably go slightly later than the top QB's. But slightly later there is value with Moore IMO.

This is right on. I think Moore would also be especially good in a West Coast Offense because he doesn't have the strongest arm but he does throw with accuracy and has the intangilbles.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:

He is great against every team he plays, big bad AQ team or not. Likely will work his way up to a 2nd round pick in 2012.

_________

Not with a 4th round grade. He can only help himself with another outstanding season.

When he comes out he will have a TON of experience and a pretty amazing resume.
Originally posted by obx49:

_________

Not with a 4th round grade. He can only help himself with another outstanding season.

When he comes out he will have a TON of experience and a pretty amazing resume.

Yep. I don't see him coming out this year. A lot of people give potential NFL WR's Pettis and Young credit for supposedly Moore looking better than he is, another year in college without them will prove even more doubters wrong. This kid has a lot of talent and smarts, another season will do him wonders. I also wouldn't mind him bulking up a little bit because his 190lb frame is to small for the NFL right now. I'm a lot more concerned with his bulk than his height.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by communist:
height: 6-0...FAIL.
furthermore, he was very bad in the bowl against tcu last season.

Like Drew Brees. Too short to ever win the Super Bowl. Wait what?...

Kellen Moore is a real talent. He reads the field well and is very accurate and has a quick release. He's not tall and he doesn't have a real strong arm. But he can make all the throws with tremendous accuracy and great timing.

I actually like Kellen Moore a lot. A little later draft pick would be fine. I wouldn't pick him high. But his skills can't be discounted IMO.
ok, then explain to me why isnt he high on any draft board yet? and why wouldnt you pick him high, what is high for you?
and he lost against tcu twice, both games were played very bad...it's not about winning or losing a bowl game (but its very important), its about playing against a real contender b/c bsu dont have really legit contenders through the season.

and just one more...if the height isnt that important, why do the really short QBs tend to be drafted later?

Maybe because he is a Junior, and contrary to the SEC, Big 10 and what used to be the Big 12 they actually graduate students in the WAC
I don't see how someone who doesn't even weight 200 pounds can survive as an NFL quarterback in this league.

As a Boise State alum, I don't know about the scary good next year. He's a great college QB, but he loses Titus Young and Austin Pettis (his starting WRs, both NFL prospects). I expect Boise to run more next year and doubt he's in the Heisman race at season's end. I think Young and Pettis are the two best WRs in the history of the program, and he'll miss them both. Moore's brother is a WR though, Kirby Moore, and he'll likely be a go to guy next season for Boise.
I think he's a career backup, but his niche might be coaching. This guy is incredibly gifted when it comes to reading defenses.

I do think he's too small to play every down though. Not only is he only 6', but he's pretty light.

As a backup, and in the film room, this guy will be very good though.
I like this kid for some reason. I want the niners to draft him
I'm going to put it on record (just so later on I can say "i told you!") that I hope the Niners draft this guy, because he will kill it in the WCO. He has just about everything JH requires in a QB... watch the video and check out his mechanics, footwork, pocket presence, accuracy, athleticism, and making throws on the run...he is a beast.

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran
This kid is ridiculously accurate and can make all the throws, especially the slant. His size will keep him out of the first (maybe second) round. But this kid has the ability to play at the pro level. If anybody questions his arm strength, I suggest you watch the Nevada game. Especially his throw to Young in the final seconds, before the kicker missed the FG. As far as his college game goes... he will be in NYC with Luck for the Heisman.

If he can perform against Georgia after losing his top two WRs in the season opener... look out.
This kid is ridiculously accurate and can make all the throws, especially the slant. His size will keep him out of the first (maybe second) round. But this kid has the ability to play at the pro level. If anybody questions his arm strength, I suggest you watch the Nevada game. Especially his throw to Young in the final seconds, before the kicker missed the FG. As far as his college game goes... he will be in NYC with Luck for the Heisman.

If he can perform against Georgia after losing his top two WRs in the season opener... look out.

He reminds me of Drew Brees, but more mobile and the way he slides around in the pocket while making his reads is pretty awesome, seems to know exactly what's around him. I'm really rooting for this dude to be a 9er!!!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Looking good against Georgia D
I'd say he handled himself pretty well with out his 2 NFL WR's. Very Brees-like performance. 82 % completion percentage with 3 Tds. Spread the wealth to 9 different receivers as well.
Height is overrated. Brees is 6'0". Michael Vick is 6'0". Steve Young was 6'1" with his cleats on standing on his tip toes. There are and have been successful QB's in this league without height. By contrast Jamarcus Russell was 6'6" but can't play worth a sh**. Height is not everything.

Boise State beat TCU in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. And Moore played well...

Steve was listed at 6-2. He was at least 6-1. But nevermind that. Moore is a solid QB prospect. Middle round guy, but he'll have to do extremely well to go much higher. He'll likely weigh in at just over 5-11.
Share 49ersWebzone