There are 179 users in the forums

Kellen Moore

Nope!!!!!!!
I wanted moore last year before he decided to stay, I want him this year. Don't sleep on this dude, i think he gets drafted the end of round 1, by someone like the cowboys.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I wanted moore last year before he decided to stay, I want him this year. Don't sleep on this dude, i think he gets drafted the end of round 1, by someone like the cowboys.

end fo round 1? lol. He will be lucky to go in the first 3 rounds.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Tebow went in the first round, and moore is better. That being said, you could be right, I think he will be a nice surprise for someone though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tebow went in the first round, and moore is better. That being said, you could be right, I think he will be a nice surprise for someone though.

They aren't even remotely the same type of QBs.... bad comparison.
I think Moore is one of the best QBs I've ever watched play the game... I feel he has a hell of a future ahead of him in the NFL... and My nod "IF WE LOOK FOR A QB" goes to Moore.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
I think Moore is one of the best QBs I've ever watched play the game... I feel he has a hell of a future ahead of him in the NFL... and My nod "IF WE LOOK FOR A QB" goes to Moore.

Yeah, 49ers are in no way/shape/form drafting a quarterback in the first 4 rounds. With Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, they're pretty much set.
I think the 49ers may think about something like this depending on how they do in the playoffs. Some football guys on ESPN were talking about how the 49ers don't have a dangerous passing attack, it's basically David Akers' team, and if they get bounced in a game where their defense shows up strong but they just can't score enough they might rethink things. Alex Smith is not an elite quarterback, last year he was an atrocious quarterback, maybe a lot of his success has come thanks to Jim Harbaugh and he's really not the future. And a highly talented but slightly defective prospect like Kellen Moore would be just the sort of guy who could thrive under Harbaugh, who would try to make the most of what he can do. They're not going to get a better chance to take a flier on a quarterback any year soon.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

hahaha lucky?! Dubious.

He could easily work his way into the late 2nd. Only takes one team. And few have done better in college (and won big games when they were supposed to be "out classes") than Kellen Moore. Too much to like about this kid for him to drop into the 4th, as you imply.

It will be an absolute shock if Kellen Moore is not drafted in the top 90.
i'd rather take kirk cousins

I see no need for a QB after the season Smith produced and having Kaepernick on the team.
Originally posted by okdkid:

hahaha lucky?! Dubious.

He could easily work his way into the late 2nd. Only takes one team. And few have done better in college (and won big games when they were supposed to be "out classes") than Kellen Moore. Too much to like about this kid for him to drop into the 4th, as you imply.

It will be an absolute shock if Kellen Moore is not drafted in the top 90.

Says the guy that said ASU was going to hire Pete Carroll, lol

I'll just enjoy laughing at you guys with a hard on for Kellen Moore because he wins games in college, as if that has some kind of tangible quality in the NFL (which it doesn't). Bottom line is Kellen Moore has a weak arm.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i'd rather take kirk cousins

Totally agree. Rocket for an arm and quick release? Yes please.

Every year we have to deal with people having hard ons for college QBs that win and put up good numbers. Kellen Moore is just the flavor of this year. Kellen Moore is an undersized QB with poor arm strength.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM ]
Well we are getting closer to the draft and we will get Harbaalke's opinion soon enough. I for one want Kellen Moore to be looked at seriously for winners are just that - winners. And I want people who can do it on our team.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Well we are getting closer to the draft and we will get Harbaalke's opinion soon enough. I for one want Kellen Moore to be looked at seriously for winners are just that - winners. And I want people who can do it on our team.

Yeah, because all those wins meant David Greene was a great NFL quarterback

And then there was Ken Dorsey, who ability to win in college did great wonders for the 49ers.

The winning QBs that could do it in the NFL are Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Donnovan McNaab, Phillip Rivers. All of them were clearly 1st rounders because their physical ability was not in doubt.

The only "winning" college QB, defined as someone with 30+ wins in college, not taken in the 1st round but still did well in NFL is Danny White and Doug Flutie. Thats out of 35 QBs.

If you think winning in college means something for a QB in the NFL, you're crazy.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Says the guy that said ASU was going to hire Pete Carroll, lol

I'll just enjoy laughing at you guys with a hard on for Kellen Moore because he wins games in college, as if that has some kind of tangible quality in the NFL (which it doesn't). Bottom line is Kellen Moore has a weak arm.

Totally agree. Rocket for an arm and quick release? Yes please.

Every year we have to deal with people having hard ons for college QBs that win and put up good numbers. Kellen Moore is just the flavor of this year. Kellen Moore is an undersized QB with poor arm strength.

Thank god you're around to angrily comment.
Share 49ersWebzone