LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

if Luck doesn't declare, is there another consensus #1 pick?

Of course a lot will change from now until the draft, but if Luck doesn't declare, who are the players in discussion to go #1-2?
AJ Green is probably the best player available.

I think there are many good players to follow but not a consensus #1.

Personally I dont like Mallett so he's out the door for me and Locker seems to have dropped a bit.

After AJ Green you have patrick peterson but has a CB ever been taken #1?
Marcel Darius is a stud but I doubt he's a #1 pick.

Without a QB or LT its gonna be interesting.
but I want Luck though

Locker is best QB in that scenario. What people don't realize about him is he is playing injured this year. A broken rib and a deep thigh bruise. It's hard to even breathe with broken ribs much less throw a ball. He's no different from Locker of last year. Just injured. He has a great chance to be an excellent QB. A fantastic arm and legs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Locker is best QB in that scenario. What people don't realize about him is he is playing injured this year. A broken rib and a deep thigh bruise. It's hard to even breathe with broken ribs much less throw a ball. He's no different from Locker of last year. Just injured. He has a great chance to be an excellent QB. A fantastic arm and legs.

i agree luck will be a consistently good qb but i dont think he will be the 300 yd a game 3 TD guy however locker can be a superstar qb but i think we should ease him into teh roll (that is if we get him)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i agree luck will be a consistently good qb but i dont think he will be the 300 yd a game 3 TD guy however locker can be a superstar qb but i think we should ease him into teh roll (that is if we get him)

If we get Locker the best thing to do would be to play Troy Smith the whole season. I wouldn't play him his rookie year. Lets not screw this up like we did the last time.

no consensus #1 if Luck stays, maybe AJ Green but idk.

If we get Locker the best thing to do would be to play Troy Smith the whole season. I wouldn't play him his rookie year. Lets not screw this up like we did the last time.

that would be my idea too either that or bring in a 1 year rental qb
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Holy s**t I agree with you.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

only problem is WRs are not worth a high pick. Lets try this: name an ELITE WR currently in the NFL who has a ring. Between all the elite receivers, I can count 1 ring.

Elite means Fitzgerald, not a great player like Ward.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Holy s**t I agree with you.

That's what happens when posters have brilliant ideas that you can't argue with...

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

only problem is WRs are not worth a high pick. Lets try this: name an ELITE WR currently in the NFL who has a ring. Between all the elite receivers, I can count 1 ring.

Elite means Fitzgerald, not a great player like Ward.
i hate this stupid argument, especially for a qb-dependent position. aj green has the size AND the speed and some good hands...usually u get either a guy with a good size OR a good speed but not both at the same time.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Of course a lot will change from now until the draft, but if Luck doesn't declare, who are the players in discussion to go #1-2?

AJ Green, Ryan Mallett (after the combine), Patrick Peterson, The DE from Clemson.
Mallet

/thread
Share 49ersWebzone