There are 175 users in the forums

Do We still Draft of Sign a QB

Yes we draft a QB.
We should do both, sign and draft a QB. Why someone would put all of there faith into Troy Smith is beyond any logic I can understand. Haven't we learned our lesson yet??
[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Dec 23, 2010 at 4:24 PM ]
Do both...Hasn't this organization learned from the Alex/Nolan/Sing/all the OCs debacle?

Bring in an offensive HC, sign a veteran QB (I prefer Palmer if he's release despite his play this season. He's only 31 and sign him for only 2 years)

Draft a future QB to learn behind Palmer.

We would still be favorites to win the NFC west next year even with Palmer at QB because the rest of the division is so bad.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Do both...Hasn't this organization learned from the Alex/Nolan/Sing/all the OCs debacle?

Bring in an offensive HC, sign a veteran QB (I prefer Palmer if he's release despite his play this season. He's only 31 and sign him for only 2 years)

We would still be favorites to win the NFC west next year even with Palmer at QB because the rest of the division is so bad.

The Yorks wouldn't do both they are just to cheap. Palmer would cost 10-14 mil a year and an early(ish) 1st round QB would cost them 8 mil.

If they picked up Palmer they'd most likely pick up a mid rounder to develop, only to release him a couple of years later when the coach realised that mid round successful Brady/Romo types only appear fleetingly.
duh
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

The Yorks wouldn't do both they are just to cheap. Palmer would cost 10-14 mil a year and an early(ish) 1st round QB would cost them 8 mil.

If they picked up Palmer they'd most likely pick up a mid rounder to develop, only to release him a couple of years later when the coach realised that mid round successful Brady/Romo types only appear fleetingly.

A) Palmer? No thanks.

B) Evidence of the Yorks being cheap please. Or shall we run through some of their FA signings and contract renegotiations?

We draft a qb. 2nd round, I am thinking, as the real 1st rounders are likely to be gone by our first pick.
Share 49ersWebzone