There are 299 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Originally posted by hofer36:
would you have made a similar trade to get peyton manning---if you feel the guy is a star qb, the price isnt too high--get him and build around him
1.we are NOT in a rebuilding mode anymore.
2.how do u wanna build sth around him if you throw all of our early-round picks away
After todays game I dont see how anyone can say NO to this. This team is a joke and HAS to get a new HC and a stud QB. First of all I seriously doubt you can get Luck from Carolina ( assuming they get the first pick) for our #1 this year and #1 next year. He is way too good to pass on.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
After todays game I dont see how anyone can say NO to this. This team is a joke and HAS to get a new HC and a stud QB. First of all I seriously doubt you can get Luck from Carolina ( assuming they get the first pick) for our #1 this year and #1 next year. He is way too good to pass on.

they just drafted Clausen
Even if Luck came out this year, and even the 49ers could draft him, it would be a tragedy because this team with its OL would destroy the kid.

Exactly...we gotta get this kid....I'm willing to trade 2012's #1 in a heart beat....we need a QB, CB and NT and all of those can be addressed in next years draft and or FA.

T. Smith is not the friggen long term answer....
Originally posted by excelsior:
Even if Luck came out this year, and even the 49ers could draft him, it would be a tragedy because this team with its OL would destroy the kid.

So whats the answer we stay away from franchise QB's out of fear of our OL....were starting two Rookies and our best player is out....of course the line is going to struggle,

That doesn't mean they can't improve next year.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Not sure that means they would pass on Luck. I really didn't pay attention to how Clausen did when he started but I think Fox gets fired, and you could expect the new coach to want his guy at QB. I'd expect them to get Luck and trade Clausen or bench him. But Luck has to come out first...
Originally posted by teeohh:

Not sure that means they would pass on Luck. I really didn't pay attention to how Clausen did when he started but I think Fox gets fired, and you could expect the new coach to want his guy at QB. I'd expect them to get Luck and trade Clausen or bench him. But Luck has to come out first...

carolina will not draft luck, you cant give up on a young qb like clausen even if he didnt show anything this yr. they will take aj green and surround clausen with weapons, the best thing the owner of the panthers can do is hire an offensive minded guy take green and with williams, stewart, smith and green you have a dangerous group of threats to surround clausen with. this team has been starving to add a wr opposite of steve smith for yrs now and theres no other guy than aj green to finally fill that void. the panthers pattern is always suck for a yr or 2 then win double digit wins the next and i believe if they get green they can make noise IF clausen plays well.

if carolina stupidly imo takes luck and peterson or that cb from nebraska prince something arent available i pray to god we take green. i'll probably be even happy if we pass on prince for green, to me peterson is in a class of his own at the cb position
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

carolina will not draft luck, you cant give up on a young qb like clausen even if he didnt show anything this yr. they will take aj green and surround clausen with weapons, the best thing the owner of the panthers can do is hire an offensive minded guy take green and with williams, stewart, smith and green you have a dangerous group of threats to surround clausen with. this team has been starving to add a wr opposite of steve smith for yrs now and theres no other guy than aj green to finally fill that void. the panthers pattern is always suck for a yr or 2 then win double digit wins the next and i believe if they get green they can make noise IF clausen plays well.

if carolina stupidly imo takes luck and peterson or that cb from nebraska prince something arent available i pray to god we take green. i'll probably be even happy if we pass on prince for green, to me peterson is in a class of his own at the cb position

I wouldn't rule it out man. All it takes it the new head coach to not consider Clausen HIS starting qb for them to take Luck if he's there. Look at McDaniels driving Cutler out of Denver, I don't think anyone predicted he would do that.

A lot of people here pump Luck to be the next Manning, then why is it far fetched to think they would take Luck if they had the chance? Even if they drafted Clausen early, they don't have a lot of money tied up in him. I just think it's a realistic possibility.
YES

no more bs. no more questions at the quarterbackk position. we need answers. bring in harabaugh and luck with the talent we already have, fix the secondary through the draft and a trade, maybe 2, and well take the nfl by storm next year......for reals this time!

You dont pass on an elite talent at QB because of Jimmy Clausen. I certainly hope they do but I doubt it

it's relevant if the new regime will run a westcoast offense.

BUT the question is whether the panthers' owner wants to spend such a big money for a rookie-qb.

after todays game i only see that we would ruin luck behind that crappy o-line...and dont tell about any injuries b/c we had the same problems before.

[ Edited by communist on Nov 22, 2010 at 04:43:09 ]

You dont pass on an elite talent at QB because of Jimmy Clausen. I certainly hope they do but I doubt it

College elite QB, Luck could be a bust in the NFL.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
A second round pick on Clausen is not a huge investment. Certainly not big enough to pass on Luck.
Originally posted by Hopper:
A second round pick on Clausen is not a huge investment. Certainly not big enough to pass on Luck.

When was the last time a team took 2 QB's the year prior (one of them in the 2nd) then drafted a another QB in the first the following year?
Share 49ersWebzone