49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 693 users in the forums

What do y'all think of Cam Newton?

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Nov 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.

lol why, just because Tebow was a run first QB who was white and Newton's a really good athlete? Tebow won 2 National Titles IIRC and started over Newton, and threw way more passes. I would take Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a high character individual with an amazing work ethic and did nothing but win.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.

lol why, just because Tebow was a run first QB who was white and Newton's a really good athlete? Tebow won 2 National Titles IIRC and started over Newton, and threw way more passes. I would take Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a high character individual with an amazing work ethic and did nothing but win.

Tebow has more of the "intangible" qualities of a QB, and yes all he did was win, but that's all that Newton has done too, when he's been a starter. I think that Newton is a project just like Tebow, but I think his overall physical talent is better than Tebow's.

I think the charges against Newton's character are bunk, and, anyway, character doesn't make a player good or not good.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.

lol why, just because Tebow was a run first QB who was white and Newton's a really good athlete? Tebow won 2 National Titles IIRC and started over Newton, and threw way more passes. I would take Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a high character individual with an amazing work ethic and did nothing but win.

Tebow has more of the "intangible" qualities of a QB, and yes all he did was win, but that's all that Newton has done too, when he's been a starter. I think that Newton is a project just like Tebow, but I think his overall physical talent is better than Tebow's.

I think the charges against Newton's character are bunk, and, anyway, character doesn't make a player good or not good.

All of this....althogh Cam's pocket pressence is very very good....

And its not Cam's character, its his father's trying to pocket some cash for himself.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.

lol why, just because Tebow was a run first QB who was white and Newton's a really good athlete? Tebow won 2 National Titles IIRC and started over Newton, and threw way more passes. I would take Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a high character individual with an amazing work ethic and did nothing but win.

Cam was a freshman when UF won their 2nd title with Tebow....of course Newton wasnt gonna start aheaad of God himself there. Newton has proven when he has to pass he can nail it down. He has a way stronger arm than Tebow, and can make the throws Tebow cant....watch the AU UGA game from yesterday and see, if you can re watch it.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

you are a pro scout?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

you are a pro scout?

He didn't say that. Quit trolling.

The allegience people show for their favorite college players is odd and or creepy.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

you are a pro scout?

He didn't say that. Quit trolling.

The allegience people show for their favorite college players is odd and or creepy.

its a question, not trolling. i have no allegiance to Cam Newton. I think he's an exciting player. This thread is called "what do y'all think of Cam Newton." I've just been saying what I think about him.

besides, he said, "I look at the game as a pro scout." So my question is legit.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

you are a pro scout?

He didn't say that. Quit trolling.

The allegience people show for their favorite college players is odd and or creepy.

its a question, not trolling. i have no allegiance to Cam Newton. I think he's an exciting player. This thread is called "what do y'all think of Cam Newton." I've just been saying what I think about him.

besides, he said, "I look at the game as a pro scout." So my question is legit.

HE LOOKS AT THE GAME like a scout would. Not a difficult concept to grasp.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

you are a pro scout?

He didn't say that. Quit trolling.

The allegience people show for their favorite college players is odd and or creepy.

its a question, not trolling. i have no allegiance to Cam Newton. I think he's an exciting player. This thread is called "what do y'all think of Cam Newton." I've just been saying what I think about him.

besides, he said, "I look at the game as a pro scout." So my question is legit.

HE LOOKS AT THE GAME like a scout would. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

"I watch the game AS a pro scout"

"I watch the game LIKE a pro scout"

I was being a smartass, yeah, fair enough, but those two phrases do mean different things, like it or not.
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

I really dont think you watch the games at all.

LOL no one said he doesent have a first class receiver. What in the world are you talking about?

I have always looked at college players "like a scout would", and like I said Newton is bigger, faster, stronger, and has a stronger arm than Tebow. If Newton stayed in school as long as Tebow, he probably would get all the collegiate accolades he is getting. Newton is that damn good. Without Newton, Auburn is a 7-4 to 8-4 team. Its a shame that he has a greedy ass father who was trying to pimp his son to a school.

Oh Yeah, this thread is about Cam, not Darvin Adams.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

No, Auburn should run every play if it works. Just dont tell me their run first QB is going to amount to a hill of beans in the NFL, because thatd be pretty naive.

Im not saying that at all. Please re-read.

All Im trying to say is if Tebow goes in the first, Newton is a much better prospect with more intangibles than Tebow, and he should go higher than Tebow....no where did I say that his attributes and intangibles that fit so well in college, will make him a god in the NFL.....we just dont know that.

lol why, just because Tebow was a run first QB who was white and Newton's a really good athlete? Tebow won 2 National Titles IIRC and started over Newton, and threw way more passes. I would take Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a high character individual with an amazing work ethic and did nothing but win.

LMAO way to put words in his mouth. If you look around the league there are more white QBs than black so I can't see where you are going with that. The difference is he is faster than Tebow and has a bigger arm than Tebow. Bigg arm= Better prospect in the NFL. Look at Cutler, everyone drools over his arm forgetting that he tested colorblind at the combine.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

I really dont think you watch the games at all.

LOL no one said he doesent have a first class receiver. What in the world are you talking about?

I have always looked at college players "like a scout would", and like I said Newton is bigger, faster, stronger, and has a stronger arm than Tebow. If Newton stayed in school as long as Tebow, he probably would get all the collegiate accolades he is getting. Newton is that damn good. Without Newton, Auburn is a 7-4 to 8-4 team. Its a shame that he has a greedy ass father who was trying to pimp his son to a school.

Oh Yeah, this thread is about Cam, not Darvin Adams.

I think he just went to a stat page and looked up the player with the most receiving yards on Auburn and started talking about him as a way to say cam newton is not any good.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by jrsk13:
I'm so sick of hearing about this over rated ball hog Newton won't be long until they report on a the dumps he takes, I'd hate to be a WR or RB on his team you never get to see any action. Its alot easier for the QB to run then the RB because the QB can just take the ball and run. Which gives the defense less time to react. His style of play will never work in the NFL because the defenses are much faster. The best guy on Auburn by far is Darvin Adams he's the best WR in all of the NCAA he's actually the best WR I've ever seen period. I'm hoping Newton enters the draft so Auburn can get a real QB and Pro Scouts get a chance to see how good Adams is they will never see Adams play as long as ball hog Newton is there.

you dont watch Auburn much do you? Because if you did, you would realize that Guss Malzone's offense is a spread - RUN offense....designed to play around Cam's strengths....in run situations, it is important for Cam to realize which way the D is coming from, and to make the decision to keep the ball or take the ball all in a matter of 1 second. Have you seen all his RBs stats? They all share the load....all posting great numbers.

You cant say he is a ball hog when the play is a run play 70% of the time. For good reason the opposing Ds know that the play is coming yet cant stop him or that O. He is not a ball hog...He is special. Know way Auburn would be in this position if Cam decides to audible to passes and let their rb's take the ball more. And whats more, you dont hear them complaining.
Numbers never lie Cam Newtons rushing attempts 206 passing attempts 198 makes him a RB first QB second Dyer rushing attempts 137 not even in the top 30 in the NCAA Darvin Adams 39 receptions again not even in the top 30 in the NCAA.

Again....you dont watch AU play much, and looking at the numbers tell you....they are a RUN FIRST TEAM. Should they abandon what works so well, just so they could pass more? Uh, No. They run almost 70% of the time dude. Re-Read what I was explaining to you about AU's offense, K?

No Offense, but enough already. Your argument is a FAIL

We don't look at college football the same way I look at it as a Pro Scout you look at it like a fan I'm not a fan of teams but players. If I was a scout and had a choice between Cam Newton and Darvin Adams well you already know who I'd take Adams without a doubt I'm done here just sick of people saying Newton doesn't have a first class receiver when he has the best in the game Adams who never gets the credit he deserves.

I really dont think you watch the games at all.

LOL no one said he doesent have a first class receiver. What in the world are you talking about?

I have always looked at college players "like a scout would", and like I said Newton is bigger, faster, stronger, and has a stronger arm than Tebow. If Newton stayed in school as long as Tebow, he probably would get all the collegiate accolades he is getting. Newton is that damn good. Without Newton, Auburn is a 7-4 to 8-4 team. Its a shame that he has a greedy ass father who was trying to pimp his son to a school.

Oh Yeah, this thread is about Cam, not Darvin Adams.

I think he just went to a stat page and looked up the player with the most receiving yards on Auburn and started talking about him as a way to say cam newton is not any good.

lol, I know...you should look at his argument in the college qb thread....
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone