There are 184 users in the forums

What do y'all think of Cam Newton?

After watching a few Auburn Tigers games this season week after week, everyone at the homefront including myself notices the talent that this kid has, especially after that TD run that he just did flying by Peterson of the LSU Tigers. What do you think about us (SF 49ers) picking him?
He is such an impressive athlete and while I think his arm and body are NFL ready, the mental aspect of his game will likely take a couple years to develop. I wouldn't be shocked if he were drafted high on his potential alone though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good college QB, dont think his game would work in the NFL.
Reminds me of Tebow.
Good college QB, but don't see nearly enough from the passing game from him.
He's overrated on this board by a LOT.
Originally posted by susweel:

This.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
this
Originally posted by communist:
this

I don't see anyone on here who thinks he could come into the NFL next year and light up the league, but you have to admit he has a lot to work with as a prospect...it's funny to me that you are a big Jake Locker guy and think that Cam Newton is overrated

[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Oct 23, 2010 at 19:47:10 ]

Well he kinda reminds me of Vince Young when he was the QB at Texas. & they're were those that doubted that he (Vince Young) could play in the NFL, yet we still believe in Alex Smith & Matt Leinart....Kinda funny how we have our very own set of opinions, especially when we have a QB that actually doesn't know how to be a QB in the NFL...

[ Edited by Quitugua on Oct 23, 2010 at 21:02:05 ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quitugua:

Well he kinda reminds me of Vince Young when he was the QB at Texas. & they're were those that doubted that he (Vince Young) could play in the NFL, yet we still believe in Alex Smith & Matt Leinart....Kinda funny how we have our very own set of opinions, especially when we have a QB that actually doesn't know how to be a QB in the NFL...

Young sucks! Without Johnson in the backfield he would be garbage. It's not opinions what other members are giving you, I think fans are pretty knowlegable and they are just sharing experience. QB's like him don't have a lot of success in th NFL! They may beef up their highlights and stats, but they don't win the big one.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
this

I don't see anyone on here who thinks he could come into the NFL next year and light up the league, but you have to admit he has a lot to work with as a prospect...it's funny to me that you are a big Jake Locker guy and think that Cam Newton is overrated
i'm sorry but i saw enough to think that locker could be worth a first-rounder...but newton is a prospect, who could be drafted in the 3rd, and thats very optimistic so far...i thought that we wanna draft a nfl-ready qb...where the heck is this guy ready???
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
this

Locker is a 10 times better prospect. It's not close.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Quitugua:

Young sucks! Without Johnson in the backfield he would be garbage. It's not opinions what other members are giving you, I think fans are pretty knowlegable and they are just sharing experience. QB's like him don't have a lot of success in th NFL! They may beef up their highlights and stats, but they don't win the big one.

Thanks Man (Titan) for enlightening me with your sharing. But, I just have this question for you, if you had to draft either Vince Young or Alex Smith who would you choose?...

[ Edited by Quitugua on Oct 23, 2010 at 21:53:02 ]
Share 49ersWebzone