There are 260 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

As of right now, the only sure fire pick would be Luck. Locker choked on the olive against Nebraska on National TV and Mallett has been up and down. Haven't seen Ponder or Devlin play and I don't want Pryor on the roster. After that, there isn't much to choose from IMO.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
As of right now, the only sure fire pick would be Luck. Locker choked on the olive against Nebraska on National TV and Mallett has been up and down. Haven't seen Ponder or Devlin play and I don't want Pryor on the roster. After that, there isn't much to choose from IMO.

being a noles fan i dont want ponder, i see him as a game manager and a qb who wont make many game changing plays. hes a smart qb though, i want a qb who can march up and down the field, win games and can become an elite qb
Looking more like Ponder to me.. but I would sell the ranch for Luck if he comes out. If we get Jake Locker I truly will lose hope for this team. But one shining light in our FO is Trent Baalke and I feel he will draft us players that will be good.
Luck is the only guy I want. The other QBs just aren't worth a 1st round pick to me, and maybe not even a 2nd.

We still have so many holes on our team
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Luck is the only guy I want. The other QBs just aren't worth a 1st round pick to me, and maybe not even a 2nd.

We still have so many holes on our team

agreed, its either luck or peterson for me. with the way weve been playing we'll have a shot at either of them

Either one would be good for me
For all the haters...

Terrelle Pryor last weekend...

20-26, 224 yds, 4 TDs passing
7 carries, 104yds, 1 TD rushing
1 catch, 20 yds, 1 TD receiving (lol not making this up)

OSU scores 73 points

No matter what happens I just hope this kid comes out this year gives us more options come draft day. Need a QB in the NFL just hope we get a great one (Luck, Pryor, Mallett, Locker, etc) Looks like Goodell will be calling our number early on draft day...
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

No matter what happens I just hope this kid comes out this year gives us more options come draft day. Need a QB in the NFL just hope we get a great one (Luck, Pryor, Mallett, Locker, etc) Looks like Goodell will be calling our number early on draft day...

That looks like one of Jamarcus Russell's line at LSU (except the receiving). We all know how he turned out...
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

and who did OSU play?
this is one of my favorite threads NOW

Originally posted by jreff22:
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

and who did OSU play?

they could be playing 8 year olds numbers like that are so good its crazy regardless...

look at it this way.. OSU plays some bad schools every year... but this is the most points OSU has scored in 60 years
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

and who did OSU play?

they could be playing 8 year olds numbers like that are so good its crazy regardless...

look at it this way.. OSU plays some bad schools every year... but this is the most points OSU has scored in 60 years

Pryor will be a WR in the NFL
nice scout's notebook comparison of Luck and Mallet
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

and who did OSU play?

Yes Ohio State plays bad schools every year but that doesnt mean you draft a guy because the team scored 73 points vs Eastern Michigan.... The week before that Eastern Michigan gave up 52 points to centeral michigan.... Ryan Radcliff was 15/23 254 yards and 2 TD... You dont see me running to the presses telling them that we have to draft this guy!!!
Originally posted by al49erfan:
For all the haters...

OSU scores 73 points

and who did OSU play?

Yes Ohio State plays bad schools every year but that doesnt mean you draft a guy because the team scored 73 points vs Eastern Michigan.... The week before that Eastern Michigan gave up 52 points to centeral michigan.... Ryan Radcliff was 15/23 254 yards and 2 TD... You dont see me running to the presses telling them that we have to draft this guy!!!

When Ohio State beats an SEC team, then I'll start regarding their QBs as legitimate. In all honesty, I can't remember the last OSU QB to actually become a starting QB (not an All-Pro QB, just a starting QB).

In fact, only one QB from OSU still exists in the NFL, and that's Troy Smith, a 3rd string QB!!!

So, as much as Pryor looks good and has been talked up in the college ranks as the next Vince Young, I just don't think the track record of OSU QBs panning out in the Pros bodes well for him.

So post his stats all over this thread all you want, b/c there's no real way you can say any of those stats could transfer. Kriezel and Troy Smith put up great numbers too, yet no one can remember anything about them, outside how badly they got owned by the 1st round product SEC defenses

Hell, even Penn State, Michigan, Marshall, and Miami (OH) have QBs that are starting (or have started) this season, yet somehow Pryor is suppose to change it all and become the greatest pro QB prospect of 2011?
Share 49ersWebzone