LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Mallett has an amazing arm that is for sure but i have alot of questions about his accuracy, his footwork and he does not throw a nice football. He should stay in school for 2011 season and not come out until the 2012 draft.

He doesnt have the best accuracy but vs a pretty good georgia defense he completed 64% of his passes for 380 and 3 tds (no ints) i watched the game and only saw 2 or 3 really bad passes... I have to disagree on him throwing a bad football, that game it seemed to be a very catchable ball.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Mallett has an amazing arm that is for sure but i have alot of questions about his accuracy, his footwork and he does not throw a nice football. He should stay in school for 2011 season and not come out until the 2012 draft.

this good arm but accuracy and footwork arent too good

honeslty luck is the best qb i have seen in a while he may not have a huge arm but is accurate and good footwork and is probally as smart as manning on the field
if alex fails we need luck or locker
4-20 71 yards 1 td 2 int

Why locker? I personally think he has the same accuracy issues and will focus on one receiver maybe look at another WR (has started doing this when Sarkisian got to washington) but its a one or two look then he will take off down field and that will not get it done in the NFL he wont be faster then the defense like he is in college. After watching washington vs nebraska 4-20 for 71 yards thats a #1 pick in an NFL draft? I dont think so...
Locker=Matt Jones (former Arkansas QB) 2.0. Overrated. Not a Pro QB in my book. I wouldn't want him at all. Give me Luck or Kellen from Boise St. over this sorry excuse for a QB.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by al49erfan:

honeslty luck is the best qb i have seen in a while he may not have a huge arm but is accurate and good footwork and is probally as smart as manning on the field
4-20 71 yards 1 td 2 int

Why locker? I personally think he has the same accuracy issues and will focus on one receiver maybe look at another WR (has started doing this when Sarkisian got to washington) but its a one or two look then he will take off down field and that will not get it done in the NFL he wont be faster then the defense like he is in college. After watching washington vs nebraska 4-20 for 71 yards thats a #1 pick in an NFL draft? I dont think so...

Agreed. Nebraska exposed Locker and I wouldnt be surprised if he dropped to be the 3rd of 4th QB picked. 4-20 is terrible no matter how you slice it, its unacceptable if you want to prove youre the #1 pick of the NFL draft.
Originally posted by al49erfan:

4-20 71 yards 1 td 2 int

its 1 game vs many
One of the announcers of the Washington game noted that Locker is raw and would be best served going to a team with a veteran QB to develop behind for a couple years. Someone like the Seahawks say ...
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
One of the announcers of the Washington game noted that Locker is raw and would be best served going to a team with a veteran QB to develop behind for a couple years. Someone like the Seahawks say ...

thats usually the ideal situation for most qbs

that

or

a team with a great running game and top 5 defense
When I saw Andrew Luck last year I knew that he was the real deal. You can just tell when a kid has "it" and he certainly does. Great arm, nice feet, and terrific awareness.

There is no chance he will last until the Niners will be picking thats for sure but I would absolutely try to move up for him in the next draft. In my opinion he is way ahead of Locker.

For whoever said hire Harbaugh and trade up for Luck I say............
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Damn Luck is nuts tonight, if he's drafted to team harnessing the WCO he could do some damage to the NFL.

Yah all we need is for the Eagles to trade up and draft him, there front office has the balls to do that kind of thing. Trent Baalke would really make his mark in this franchise if he could pull it off. I would start to anoint Baalke as the savior if he pulled off a trade to get Luck!!!!
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Locker=Matt Jones (former Arkansas QB) 2.0. Overrated. Not a Pro QB in my book. I wouldn't want him at all. Give me Luck or Kellen from Boise St. over this sorry excuse for a QB.

Wow not even a close comparison. I'm not saying Locker is great and the top QB, but he's way better than Matt Jones as a potential QB obviously.

i want the cardinal luck
  • titan
  • Veteran

No comparison at all! Matt Jones was a Freak of nature as an athlete with a bad work ethic due to his life style. Locker had a horrible game,but is a good QB.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Wow not even a close comparison. I'm not saying Locker is great and the top QB, but he's way better than Matt Jones as a potential QB obviously.

Yes. Really a bad comparison. I would take Jake Locker over Alex Smith as our future QB to tell you the truth. The kid had one bad game. It happens. He isnt exactly playing with many stars at Washington and the entire team got their asses kicked. Having said that, I dont think he is in Luck's league when it comes to future potential in the NFL.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Yes. Really a bad comparison. I would take Jake Locker over Alex Smith as our future QB to tell you the truth. The kid had one bad game. It happens. He isnt exactly playing with many stars at Washington and the entire team got their asses kicked. Having said that, I dont think he is in Luck's league when it comes to future potential in the NFL.

Absolutely. Luck is on a league of his own, if you ask me. Locker, though, could probably see his stock going down to the middle of the 1st round at least. He had a pretty tough time this past Saturday, but he still has all the tools to being a pretty good QB. His accuracy worries me though. Teams are gonna fall in love with his arm, but once he's under pressure, accuracy becomes a huge issue.
I still wanna know what makes Locker a "good" QB? What's so different between him and Matt Jones? Jones played in a run oriented offense with just as weak a team as Locker has, plus he played in the S.E.C. against tough teams every week vs. the Pac-10 and just a few good teams. Both a Scrambing QBs with no accuracy.
Locker's career stats: 481-905 53.1% 6000yards 42TDs-28INTs Rating:118.0
M.Jones' career stats: 417-755 55.2% 5857yards 53TDs-30INTs Rating:134.9
So again, what is the difference between the 2 besides that Jones is taller and probably faster?
Share 49ersWebzone