LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Franklin is definitely going to sign a big contract and go somewhere else, so we'll keep franchising him as long as it makes financial sense. Hopefully Balmer will step up and be great, but getting a guy like Cody in the 2nd round could be a steal. Hard to pass up on a starting safety though, which we could definitely get (not hard to beat out Mark Roman) in round 2...
i forgot about him!

if we can come out of tomorrow with kindle and mcknight, i will cry
Im truthfully hoping Taylor Mays falls all the way to our Pick 49! But I doubt that will occur.

But, we need a nice hard hitting safety with ball hawking skills...and that will be Reshad Jones!

And in Round 3, we get what i believe the steal of the draft...Dexter McCluster..A copy of Chris Johnson, just a tad bit smaller. Adds much needed speed to a speed needy team!

What do you guys think?

What are your projections for the next two rounds!

Do not be surprised if we trade Lawson for a 4th rounder
Would love Mays in the second and Mcluster in the 3rd.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
We don't really need McCluster.
Originally posted by Chief:
We don't really need McCluster.

We need game changers on offense, last i check..... He would be a game changer on offense. In both a passing or rushing package.

Imagine a McCluster and Gore Backfield..Mixed with Davis at TE...and Morgan and Crabtree.

With an amazing OLINE we now have....WOWWWWWW
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Right now I think the 49ers will get a cornerback and a strong safety in the next two rounds.
R2-Nate Allen

R3-Brandon Spikes
  • Chief
  • Veteran
^^^I like him and wanted him before we got Ginn but I don't see us drafting him now.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Right now I think the 49ers will get a cornerback and a strong safety in the next two rounds.

I think it will be Either...CB/S/OLB/RB... in our next two picks!

Maybe Javier Arenas?

I agree why not get the next best NT in the draft
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would prefer a defensive back over DL, but having depth on DL would be good as well. We also need someone to back up Ginn on punts.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Maybe Javier Arenas?

Hopefully Arenas in the 3rd. Taylor Mays in the second would be great because he could be a great strong safety if he is coachable. I'm hoping the team doesn't pick an OLB because that would basically guarantee Manny Lawson being traded.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Maybe Javier Arenas?

Hopefully Arenas in the 3rd. Taylor Mays in the second would be great because he could be a great strong safety if he is coachable. I'm hoping the team doesn't pick an OLB because that would basically guarantee Manny Lawson being traded.

Mays and Arenas in back to back rounds, will also solidify an A+ DRAFT! Thatd be amazing.

I sense we go RB in round 3 tho, but we will see.
I would like to trade back in the 2nd if possible and pick up an extra pick. If not I like Taylor Mays and McCluster in the 3rd. Not sure if we can get him in the 3rd but deffinatly a game changer that the offense needs

I don't know if I'm the only one thinking we don't need a pass rusher? We were on of the best in the league in sacks. Sure we don't have a guy with 12 sacks but I'll take it if Manny gets 8, Harlson gets 8, Brooks gets 8 and Willis and Spikes get a few
Share 49ersWebzone