There are 153 users in the forums

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

Originally posted by Chief:
Lol @ the "tude".
Originally posted by nickbradley:
As I posted earlier,

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=140809

If the 49ers wanted to take a guard AND a tackle, we could have easily taken Davis AND Bulaga, with the loser playing guard.

Even Jon Gruden stated on ESPN that he though Bulaga will end up being a pro-bowl guard.

So why did we pass and take Iupati instead.

My hunch is that the 49ers have Iupati rated higher as a run-blocker, which Singletary covets.

John Gruden was also asked what team did the best in round #1 and he said the 49ers. You forgot to mention that in your initial post.

I think this is more about you thinking Bulaga is a better OG then Iupati. To think anyone would actually agree with you is mind blowing. On what planet did you think this up? I mean really? Draft 2 OT's? Only Al Davis would do something that stupid. Al Davis is that you?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't worry, jr80 NickBradely is kind of hard headed.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Iupati is a guard, Bulaga would be a converted guard.

You can't be serious can you?

Dude seriously? is this guy for real?

Iupati is a f**kin BEAST! He is gonna maul dudes for us!

I don't think you understand. If you take Davis and Bulaga, you're pretty certain AT LEAST ONE of them will be able to be a quality starting RT...the other will be a stud OG

Its not hard to convert a T to a G.

The point is Iupati is going to be the better guard vs Bulaga. Davis is the better tackle
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Iupati is a guard, Bulaga would be a converted guard.

You can't be serious can you?
^^^ Actually he's quite serious.^^^

Originally posted by Chief:
Lol @ the "tude".

Bite me, I'm old. Okay not THAT old, but old enough.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 23, 2010 at 7:06 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Iupati is so underrated on this board he kicked ass at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

When the scouts eyes leave, your eyes enter.

Iupati dominated at the Senior Bowl practices against All-Stars. That's all the scouts care to watch.

ok im tired of this

for the last time iupati played RT at senior bowl when he was a LG he dominated in practice as an LG and he will be p[laying LG for us
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This was a dumb idea the first thread you started on it. Pick a guy who plays the position to play that position.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Iupati is so underrated on this board he kicked ass at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

When the scouts eyes leave, your eyes enter.

Iupati dominated at the Senior Bowl practices against All-Stars. That's all the scouts care to watch.

ok im tired of this

for the last time iupati played RT at senior bowl when he was a LG he dominated in practice as an LG and he will be p[laying LG for us

This.

Any more questions?

~Ceadder
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
As I posted earlier,

If the 49ers wanted to take a guard AND a tackle, we could have easily taken Davis AND Bulaga, with the loser playing guard.

Even Jon Gruden stated on ESPN that he though Bulaga will end up being a pro-bowl guard.

My hunch is that the 49ers have Iupati rated higher as a run-blocker, which Singletary covets.

cause they wanted a guard and tackle not a tackle and tackle

they got a top 5 tackle and the best pure G in the draft

championship

• pd24
  • Veteran
As I posted earlier,

He wouldn't be a better Guard than Iupati.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
If you're really worried about Davis busting, remember that Iupati has just as much ability to move to RT as Bulaga would to LG. Drafting a guy only to move him from his natural spot is always risky. And the 9ers haven't have much success doing that either.

No -- easier to move from OT to OG than the other way.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
As I posted earlier,

John Gruden was also asked what team did the best in round #1 and he said the 49ers. You forgot to mention that in your initial post.

I think this is more about you thinking Bulaga is a better OG then Iupati. To think anyone would actually agree with you is mind blowing. On what planet did you think this up? I mean really? Draft 2 OT's? Only Al Davis would do something that stupid. Al Davis is that you?

People are ignoring facts. BOTH Davis AND Bulaga played guard in College. Davis was a FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICAN at guard and Bulaga played the position too.

So,

Davis/Bulaga would have been equivelant to drafting two OT/OGs!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Don't worry, jr80 NickBradely is kind of hard headed.

Davis/Bulaga would have been equivelant to drafting two OT/OGs!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.

What if Davis busts at OT and we have to guards???

See my point?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with our picks. But it could have been better.

NickBradley, have you seen Iupati on tape? He just throws people aside like rag dolls. He's incredible, you'll like him man for the next 12 years.

...AT IDAHO. Look at their '09 schedule:

at New Mexico State
at Washington
San Diego State
at Northern Illinois
Colorado State
at San Jose State
Hawaii
at Nevada
Louisiana Tech
Fresno State
at No. 6 Boise State
Utah State
vs. Bowling Green

So, Iupati TOSSED AROUND SCRUBS.

Seriously bro, you need to go be a fan of some other team. You are the kind of fan that doesn't deserve to rep the Red and Gold. You get on my nerves...
Share 49ersWebzone