Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

Lol @ the "tude".
Originally posted by Chief:
Lol @ the "tude".
Originally posted by nickbradley:
As I posted earlier,

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=140809

If the 49ers wanted to take a guard AND a tackle, we could have easily taken Davis AND Bulaga, with the loser playing guard.

Even Jon Gruden stated on ESPN that he though Bulaga will end up being a pro-bowl guard.

So why did we pass and take Iupati instead.

My hunch is that the 49ers have Iupati rated higher as a run-blocker, which Singletary covets.

John Gruden was also asked what team did the best in round #1 and he said the 49ers. You forgot to mention that in your initial post.

I think this is more about you thinking Bulaga is a better OG then Iupati. To think anyone would actually agree with you is mind blowing. On what planet did you think this up? I mean really? Draft 2 OT's? Only Al Davis would do something that stupid. Al Davis is that you?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't worry, jr80 NickBradely is kind of hard headed.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Iupati is a guard, Bulaga would be a converted guard.

You can't be serious can you?

Dude seriously? is this guy for real?

Iupati is a f**kin BEAST! He is gonna maul dudes for us!

I don't think you understand. If you take Davis and Bulaga, you're pretty certain AT LEAST ONE of them will be able to be a quality starting RT...the other will be a stud OG

Its not hard to convert a T to a G.

The point is Iupati is going to be the better guard vs Bulaga. Davis is the better tackle
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Iupati is a guard, Bulaga would be a converted guard.

You can't be serious can you?
^^^ Actually he's quite serious.^^^

Originally posted by Chief:
Lol @ the "tude".

Bite me, I'm old. Okay not THAT old, but old enough.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 23, 2010 at 7:06 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Iupati is so underrated on this board he kicked ass at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

When the scouts eyes leave, your eyes enter.

Iupati dominated at the Senior Bowl practices against All-Stars. That's all the scouts care to watch.

ok im tired of this

for the last time iupati played RT at senior bowl when he was a LG he dominated in practice as an LG and he will be p[laying LG for us
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This was a dumb idea the first thread you started on it. Pick a guy who plays the position to play that position.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Iupati is so underrated on this board he kicked ass at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

When the scouts eyes leave, your eyes enter.

Iupati dominated at the Senior Bowl practices against All-Stars. That's all the scouts care to watch.

ok im tired of this

for the last time iupati played RT at senior bowl when he was a LG he dominated in practice as an LG and he will be p[laying LG for us

This.

Any more questions?

~Ceadder
As I posted earlier,

If the 49ers wanted to take a guard AND a tackle, we could have easily taken Davis AND Bulaga, with the loser playing guard.

Even Jon Gruden stated on ESPN that he though Bulaga will end up being a pro-bowl guard.

My hunch is that the 49ers have Iupati rated higher as a run-blocker, which Singletary covets.

cause they wanted a guard and tackle not a tackle and tackle

they got a top 5 tackle and the best pure G in the draft

championship
  • pd24
  • Veteran
As I posted earlier,

He wouldn't be a better Guard than Iupati.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
If you're really worried about Davis busting, remember that Iupati has just as much ability to move to RT as Bulaga would to LG. Drafting a guy only to move him from his natural spot is always risky. And the 9ers haven't have much success doing that either.

No -- easier to move from OT to OG than the other way.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
As I posted earlier,

John Gruden was also asked what team did the best in round #1 and he said the 49ers. You forgot to mention that in your initial post.

I think this is more about you thinking Bulaga is a better OG then Iupati. To think anyone would actually agree with you is mind blowing. On what planet did you think this up? I mean really? Draft 2 OT's? Only Al Davis would do something that stupid. Al Davis is that you?

People are ignoring facts. BOTH Davis AND Bulaga played guard in College. Davis was a FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICAN at guard and Bulaga played the position too.

So,

Davis/Bulaga would have been equivelant to drafting two OT/OGs!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Don't worry, jr80 NickBradely is kind of hard headed.

Davis/Bulaga would have been equivelant to drafting two OT/OGs!