There are 157 users in the forums

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

Originally posted by montana2rice:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck
Denver's plan was to always draft the receiver after giving Marshall up, bu they didn't want to use that high of a pick to take a receiver. It showed in their draft.

OL fixed now to look for some DBs on day 2
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Iupati is straight up NASTY. Glad we landed him.

Yup. And I'm glad that even though he has an "attitude problem" that we got Davis. Sing, Solari and Ray Ray will help him translate that aggression on the field.

I didn't like that Seattle picked up one of the best Safeties in the draft between our picks BUT if they try to send that guy into a gap he's GOING to get manhandled. I like that we have ALOT of Tude on the Line now. Staley=Tude. Baas=Tude. Sims=Tude. Duke=Tude. And now we got two Rooks who have Tude to spare. I love attitude. I hate quiet unassuming guys that for sheer lack of Tude can hardly Run Block let alone Pass Block.

And I think with THAT MUCH attitude filling the depth the rest of the guys are sure to have it rub off on them. Let some schmuck hit our guy late like they have been over the last 7 years and it's almost guaranteed that they get their lunch served to them through a straw. I LOVE THAT!!!

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Yup. And I'm glad that even though he has an "attitude problem" that we got Davis. Sing, Solari and Ray Ray will help him translate that aggression on the field.

I didn't like that Seattle picked up one of the best Safeties in the draft between our picks BUT if they try to send that guy into a gap he's GOING to get manhandled. I like that we have ALOT of Tude on the Line now. Staley=Tude. Baas=Tude. Sims=Tude. Duke=Tude. And now we got two Rooks who have Tude to spare. I love attitude. I hate quiet unassuming guys that for sheer lack of Tude can hardly Run Block let alone Pass Block.

And I think with THAT MUCH attitude filling the depth the rest of the guys are sure to have it rub off on them. Let some schmuck hit our guy late like they have been over the last 7 years and it's almost guaranteed that they get their lunch served to them through a straw. I LOVE THAT!!!

~Ceadder

You are always the best at firing me up! I'm not sure how much TUDE Staley has as it's kinda been a knock on him. But I do know both these rooks have it in spades. I just hope Davis gets to work right away.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck

In case you didn't notice, there were lots of trades in the first round. The Broncos and the Dolphins were both looking to move down. Would you rather the Niners took a chance of letting the Cowboys or Packers moving ahead of them to take Davis? If they had given up more than a fourth, I might be upset. As of right now, I'll live with it.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
My only worry with Iupati is that it may take him a while to learn the nuances of the position, and the playbook. English is a second language to him, and he's only been playing football for a few years. That being said, hes a monster. Stronger and faster than Bulaga. Much longer reach. Plus he's Samoan, so thats a whole different kind of strength.

WTF are you thinking taking Bulaga after weve taken Davis? Your plan is to move him to guard? If he were a better fit we would have drafted him, and converted him to guard. Obviously the 9ers camp thought Iupati was such a talent that we chose not to trade down for extra picks. Get on board with Iupati or go find a Green Bay fan site.

You really don't get it. When tackles fail, they move to guard. Furthermore BOTH Bulaga AND Davis were guards in college initially.

So, you ensure AT LEAST ONE can play tackle and the other reverts back to guard.

Why do that when you can get the BEST GUARD in the draft... and POSSIBLY the BEST tackle???

LOL... give it up already!

Originally posted by WildBill:
Denver's plan was to always draft the receiver after giving Marshall up, bu they didn't want to use that high of a pick to take a receiver. It showed in their draft.

OL fixed now to look for some DBs on day 2

Aren't there more than one round of picks?

Does the name T.O. ring a bell? Or how bout Chrebet? Or how bout McCaffery?

There are PLENTY of solid WRs' in this draft. And with all the Linemen taken in the first round there are STILL plenty of WRs' to be taken in the later rounds. If you need Linemen(Denver does need them) you could take one or more and STILL get a WR. Personally I think there is way too much infatuation with the Wildcat. I heard more about that gimmick scheme than I ever want to hear during a draft in my lifetime again. All it does is MASK a protection issue. When you finally DO put a QB on the field under Center you STILL have to keep him upright. If he's layin on his back chances are that it leads to a turnover. And turnovers KILL teams looking to make the Playoffs.

So by all means Denver take as many skill players as you want to. Keep your line problems in place. I will laugh my azz off while Nolan has to make something out of the better part of that team. Don't get me wrong I like Nolan, but I think it's kind of nice that he has to suffer the way that his 1st overall pick has had to suffer.

And now I'm going to love it when Alex finally has his breakout year or dies trying. Once and for all this question @ QB will be answered. I'm so JJ'ed right now it's fantastic!

~Ceadder
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
My only worry with Iupati is that it may take him a while to learn the nuances of the position, and the playbook. English is a second language to him, and he's only been playing football for a few years. That being said, hes a monster. Stronger and faster than Bulaga. Much longer reach. Plus he's Samoan, so thats a whole different kind of strength.

WTF are you thinking taking Bulaga after weve taken Davis? Your plan is to move him to guard? If he were a better fit we would have drafted him, and converted him to guard. Obviously the 9ers camp thought Iupati was such a talent that we chose not to trade down for extra picks. Get on board with Iupati or go find a Green Bay fan site.

You really don't get it. When tackles fail, they move to guard. Furthermore BOTH Bulaga AND Davis were guards in college initially.

So, you ensure AT LEAST ONE can play tackle and the other reverts back to guard.

Why do that when you can get the BEST GUARD in the draft... and POSSIBLY the BEST tackle???

is robert gallery the best gaurd in the nfl???
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

You are always the best at firing me up! I'm not sure how much TUDE Staley has as it's kinda been a knock on him. But I do know both these rooks have it in spades. I just hope Davis gets to work right away.

Staley is KNOWN for pulling. That requires attitude. And trust me if you were surrounded by Crap and you knew that you were the lone brightspot on the Line? Yeah, your attitude would take a hit too.

And thank you. I'm Irish. I was born with this, it came standard with the "in your face package" as part of the dealer op.

And one question I would like to pose to people still on the fence about Davis.

Yes Dallas got a Receiver. Whooo! Bully for JJ and the cowturds. But they ALSO need a Tackle. One that can keep Romo upright. Anyone stop to think that maybe THEY were a big reason we jumped up when "we didn't need to"?

Imagine if Davis turns out to be another Larry Allen. Food for thought.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by mike9er:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

is robert gallery the best gaurd in the nfl???

Who knows. Look at the team he plays for. Kind of hard to look like the best ANYTHING in the NFL when you play for a team owned by the Krypt Keeper.

~Ceadder
who made you the expert?
why are some people blowing bulaga super hard we got a tackle whos only 20 and has the potential to be the best ot out of this draft and a perennial pro bowler. we also got a beast of a guard in which most coaches and gm's said way before the draft that has the best chance to make a pro bowl right away. our offense will be deadly now that we set our oline
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
who made you the expert?

Who? Me? Or OP?

I'm .]

I want to point out that IF the rumors are true about Dullas wanting to move up to 11 for an OT? Why didn't they jump up for Bulaga? He WAS still available. If he was sooooooo good then why didn't Jerry Jones go after him instead of taking Dez?

I can see not trading with Miami for Iupati cause at 12 that's a bit of a reach. 17 still is but we weren't trading out of 17 after everyone vacated the tweens that was moving out. Only New England and Detroit made significant moves(not counting Jones "big jump" lmao) No way detroit jumps back up to 17 w/o a 1st. And NE went down not up. But if Jerry wanted protection for Romo and we didn't get his guy then he SHOULD have moved up to take his guy. Green Bay got Bulaga instead so at the least Phallus could have truly jumped up and taken him if he was so much better than either Davis OR Iupati. Oh and btw Iowa is has a good program but c'mon, imho Iowa is NOT that much of an upgrade over Idaho. I lived in the area and Idaho brings in solid players to compete with their state rival Boise State. In fact a lot of Idaho residents believed the wrong team was elevated back when Boise got into the WAC. I think that Merril Hodges is a Vandal btw.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Lol @ the "tude".
Share 49ersWebzone