There are 299 users in the forums

Final Lunger mock

A night before the draft mock.

1A. Trent Williams (OT - Oklahoma)

1B. Earl Thomas (FS - Texas)

2. John Jerry (OG - Mississippi)

3. Daryl Washington (ILB - TCU)

4. Amari Spievey (CB - Iowa)

I don't know enough to go further than that in the draft.
Sounds great but unlikely!
Originally posted by cwilson830:

What's unlikely?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Washington is waaaaay too small to play inside linebacker in a 3-4. I like him but he is strictly a 4-3 player unless a 3-4 team wants a special teams ace early in the draft.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Washington is waaaaay too small to play inside linebacker in a 3-4. I like him but he is strictly a 4-3 player unless a 3-4 team wants a special teams ace early in the draft.

How do you figure?

Washington: 6'2" 230 lbs
Willis: 6'1" 240 lbs
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

What's unlikely?

For Williams and Thomas to both fall out of the top 10. Believe you me, I'd be all about it tho.
A night before the draft mock.

1A. Trent Williams (OT - Oklahoma)

1B. Earl Thomas (FS - Texas)

2. John Jerry (OG - Mississippi)

3. Daryl Washington (ILB - TCU)

4. Amari Spievey (CB - Iowa)

I don't know enough to go further than that in the draft.

Whats unlikely...Trent Williams available at 13 and Washington falling to the 3rd. Seems like most "experts" have in solidly in the second. Ive even seen him going late 1st earlier, but that seems to have died down.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:

How do you figure?

Washington: 6'2" 230 lbs
Willis: 6'1" 240 lbs

Willis is slightly undersized for a 3-4 linebacker. The 49ers are going to be looking for someone who weighs 245+ lbs or can get to that weight in the future.
This is terrible because Daryl Washington will be a top 40 pick. You have him going in the 3rd round. Also, Trent williams stands no chance of getting out of the top 10. Where have you been the months leading up to this draft????
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
This is terrible because Daryl Washington will be a top 40 pick. You have him going in the 3rd round. Also, Trent williams stands no chance of getting out of the top 10. Where have you been the months leading up to this draft????

And Aaron Rodgers is a top 10 pick.

And Brady Quinn is a top 10 pick.

And Michael Crabtree is a top 10 pick.

The actual draft is never like the mock drafts. Where have you been the past years of the draft????
[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Apr 21, 2010 at 7:17 PM ]

Anything can happen!
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

And Aaron Rodgers is a top 10 pick.

And Brady Quinn is a top 10 pick.

The actual draft is never like the mock drafts. Where have you been the past years of the draft????

Good job you named 3 players.

I'd love to see your complete 1st round mock so i can rip apart your selections of teams passing on williams. Top 10 pick. BOOK IT.
I think it's possible for Williams to fall past ten, but it would probably involve some teams trading up for specific players - and one of those players would probably be Thomas.
i would love it but it won't happen
Share 49ersWebzone