There are 181 users in the forums

Steelers may shake up draft

Originally posted by NickSh49:
You guys apparently forgot about this dude.

The Steelers won't draft a QB.

Very true, but that's like saying we wouldn't draft a QB because of Nate Davis.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by WINiner:
No to Roethlesberger, simply because I don't think he's a team player. He's out to get his and doesn't care about the team. Singletary wouldnt put up with his shizz and just because he's won 2 super bowls doesnt mean crap to me. I just dont think that hes a great fit for our team, and honestly with what he does or alleged to do, I can't respect him as a person, but this isnt just one instance, this is multiple now.

Ok I can understand someone being turned off to Ben because of recent allegations, but not being a team player and only out to get his? What evidence do you use to come to that conclusion?

He split the locker room over his toughness, and watching him play, I feel that he just does his own thing when running plays, he never seems like he is running the play that is called. He scrambles WAY too much even when he has a perfect pocket. I just feel something about him wouldnt fit in, it could be his personality and how i believe he doesnt buy in to the whole team. This is just IMO really.

So in other words, you use your opinion to form your opinion.....gotcha.

More of what I have read/ heard to form opinons, but with the plays, yes its my opinion to form my conclusion, I just feel hes not a good locker room presence.

But have no facts to form that opinion....
I bet Buffalo would do it.
http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

Quote:
Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.
21 minutes ago via UberTwitter

St. Louis?
Cleveland? (but to a division rival?)
Buffalo? - most likely
Jags?
  • dj43
No to Roethlesberger, simply because I don't think he's a team player. He's out to get his and doesn't care about the team. Singletary wouldnt put up with his shizz and just because he's won 2 super bowls doesnt mean crap to me. I just dont think that hes a great fit for our team, and honestly with what he does or alleged to do, I can't respect him as a person, but this isnt just one instance, this is multiple now.

Ok I can understand someone being turned off to Ben because of recent allegations, but not being a team player and only out to get his? What evidence do you use to come to that conclusion?

He split the locker room over his toughness, and watching him play, I feel that he just does his own thing when running plays, he never seems like he is running the play that is called. He scrambles WAY too much even when he has a perfect pocket. I just feel something about him wouldnt fit in, it could be his personality and how i believe he doesnt buy in to the whole team. This is just IMO really.
His OC has admitted he has given up on trying to get Ben to follow through on play calls. Ben just would not quit running around trying to make the big throw instead of taking an outlet pass as designed.

So in a way, the OC modified the offense to fit Ben's head, but you could also say he just gave up trying to make him a team player. I guess folks may take sides on how they see that.
Originally posted by rob28:
please god not arizona. aint the coach a former steelers oc? ah fukk if they get big ben there goes our nfc west championship.

Wat kind of 9er fan are you? Quit being a lil' b##tch. We were 5-1 in the division and had Peyton and Favre sweatin' last year. Show a bit more confidence in your team!
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by teeohh:
here's a pft article

that they've gotten "trade feelers"

They may get feelers but until his legal status is fully defined, no one is going to invest a pick or a player. I don't think his status will settled by Thursday, so it will leave the Steelers in a difficult situation. Of course, there could be some plea bargain to set something up but the league would have to agree to the terms to let him play, and if he pleads to any charge greater than a misdemeanor, I can't see him playing for a while.

The charges sound very serious. Considering it is his second "situation," I don't think he is going to be playing football in September.

There are no "charges." The DA investigated for weeks at a time and found nothing at all.
Make it "allegations."

Somebody must have found something or the NFL would not be considering a 4-6 week suspension (per ESPN).
How many other players are called out for one rape charge, let alone two? Where there's smoke, there's fire, the dude took a 20year old into the bathroom and did t let her say no to him. She was pretty much completely drunk, and was falling all over the place from first hand testimony. That's f**king embarassing. Dudes probably going to miss 4 to 5 games starting the season, first time the commissioner let him go with no problems, now he has to do something.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
here's a pft article

They may get feelers but until his legal status is fully defined, no one is going to invest a pick or a player. I don't think his status will settled by Thursday, so it will leave the Steelers in a difficult situation. Of course, there could be some plea bargain to set something up but the league would have to agree to the terms to let him play, and if he pleads to any charge greater than a misdemeanor, I can't see him playing for a while.

The charges sound very serious. Considering it is his second "situation," I don't think he is going to be playing football in September.

There are no "charges." The DA investigated for weeks at a time and found nothing at all.
Make it "allegations."

Somebody must have found something or the NFL would not be considering a 4-6 week suspension (per ESPN).

Yeah there must be some hard evidence or additional hard evidence - maybe not evidence for rape, but certainly a chorus of voices can drown out the best singer. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if there aren't other suits in play.

Exactly who knows what the league or Steelers have kept quiet about other things could be the reason they are so furious.

Not sure how true this is but just heard on ESPN radio that they said Rich Eisen tweeted that Jason La Confora said the Steelers contacted the Rams about Big Ben and they said not interested.
here's a pft article

Make it "allegations."

Yeah there must be some hard evidence or additional hard evidence - maybe not evidence for rape, but certainly a chorus of voices can drown out the best singer. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if there aren't other suits in play.

The NFL doesn't need evidence to suspend Ben. All they need do is to state that his actions (illegal or not) have reflected poorly on the Steelers and the NFL, as a reason.

The NFL is NOT conducting an investigation to form a determination of Bens guilt or lack there of. Goodell is simply debating with himself what is appropriate. I think much of that will depend where Ben resides after the draft. If he remains with the Steelers, I doubt he is suspended at all, or any more than a 2 game at worse. If he is traded I expect a 4 game suspension.

here's a pft article

Make it "allegations."

The NFL doesn't need evidence to suspend Ben. All they need do is to state that his actions (illegal or not) have reflected poorly on the Steelers and the NFL, as a reason.

The NFL is NOT conducting an investigation to form a determination of Bens guilt or lack there of. Goodell is simply debating with himself what is appropriate. I think much of that will depend where Ben resides after the draft. If he remains with the Steelers, I doubt he is suspended at all, or any more than a 2 game at worse. If he is traded I expect a 4 game suspension.

Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, multiple sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614
Originally posted by lamontb:
here's a pft article

Make it "allegations."

Exactly who knows what the league or Steelers have kept quiet about other things could be the reason they are so furious.

Not sure how true this is but just heard on ESPN radio that they said Rich Eisen tweeted that Jason La Confora said the Steelers contacted the Rams about Big Ben and they said not interested.

that's too bad, I was hoping the Rams would do it and f**k up their whole draft.

I think if he gets traded, its to Buffalo.

But I did think St. Louis made some sense, depending on what else the Steelers were willing to give up for that #1. Say, if the got Big Ben, the #18, and the Steelers #1 next year, that would be a pretty good haul for a rebuilding team...
Sorry WiNiner, completely wrong. Per Mortenson, 6 games would be the minimum suspension. That's f**king embarassing.

mortreport - Reported that as of Tuesday, Steelers were told 10, 8 & 6 games were still possible options; Ben still hasn't been directly notified
Originally posted by valrod33:
here's a pft article

Make it "allegations."

Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, multiple sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators.

Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

WIN: why did you think that he wouldn't get suspended if staying with Pitt?
so if the steelers trade Ben to either Oakland or buffalo, who's gonna be their pick?

Clausen?
Spiller?
OT?
Share 49ersWebzone