Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Teams who could potentially trade for Roethlisberger:

Buffalo
St. Louis

Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Minnesota (less likely, but no replacement for Favre currently)
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

Your top two choices seem like the best bets.

big ben don't need no OL to do his thing, bills and rams would be perfect for him
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
The Steelers are gearing up for what may be more than a suspension for their star quarterback Roethlisberger. If you have read what is out on the web...this guy is in real trouble with public opinion. He got by with the first incident in Tahoe. But now..with the details out...Nobody in the steel city is on his side in this. I bet Rooney is fed up. He does not like his org to get embarrassed by player conduct. A 5th for Holmes was "just get out of my face" by him. Pressure is on Rooney now to clean this team up.

Bets are that the Steelers start Leftwich and draft Clausen. They would have to trade up to get that done which whould shake up the draft ahead of the 49ers.

As Bizarre as they may sound but what if Clausen is their at 13!!

49ers trade the 13th Pick and 2nd Rounder

For Ben Roethlisberger and the 18th Pick!?

We'd have two picks in a row and possibly take Kyle Wilson at 17 and Charles Brown at 18.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
The Steelers are gearing up for what may be more than a suspension for their star quarterback Roethlisberger. If you have read what is out on the web...this guy is in real trouble with public opinion. He got by with the first incident in Tahoe. But now..with the details out...Nobody in the steel city is on his side in this. I bet Rooney is fed up. He does not like his org to get embarrassed by player conduct. A 5th for Holmes was "just get out of my face" by him. Pressure is on Rooney now to clean this team up.

Bets are that the Steelers start Leftwich and draft Clausen. They would have to trade up to get that done which whould shake up the draft ahead of the 49ers.

We'd have two picks in a row and possibly take Kyle Wilson at 17 and Charles Brown at 18.

So we would head into round 3 with: Ben Roethlisberger, Kyle Wilson, and Charles Brown on our team...and in round 3 Select best availble OG or Dexter McCluster?

WHATCHYA THINK? HAH

i like this i would love to have big ben on this team he wouldnt be a problem
Originally posted by loud3800:

i like this i would love to have big ben on this team he wouldnt be a problem

Not if he was in jail!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by teeohh:
here's a pft article

that they've gotten "trade feelers"

They may get feelers but until his legal status is fully defined, no one is going to invest a pick or a player. I don't think his status will settled by Thursday, so it will leave the Steelers in a difficult situation. Of course, there could be some plea bargain to set something up but the league would have to agree to the terms to let him play, and if he pleads to any charge greater than a misdemeanor, I can't see him playing for a while.

The charges sound very serious. Considering it is his second "situation," I don't think he is going to be playing football in September.

There are no "charges." The DA investigated for weeks at a time and found nothing at all.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by rob28:
please god not arizona. aint the coach a former steelers oc? ah fukk if they get big ben there goes our nfc west championship.

i feel better now lol!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

some people just dont get it. "were getting Warner! were getting Cutler! were getting McNabb! were getting Big Ben! draft Clausen! draft Sanchez!"

(ok, i admit i wanted Sanchez a year ago if he fell, but at the time it looked like Hill was our guy for good)

the organization has set up a plan in which it is going to build for the future. that plan, whether you like it or not, involves Alex Smith playing QB. were not going to flush the whole plan down the toilet and trade for an aging veteran QB who will give us a couple good years and then decline. nor will we draft a QB in the 1st when we so desperately need OL with that pick.

if you were the 49ers, and saying "jimmy clausen will not make it past us!" would cause uncertainty among the draft board, and possibly generate trade talks, all from just an announcement, youd do it too. its pure strategy.

if this team has any brain power at all, it wont be sprinting away from the plan theyve been mapping out by taking a QB with our 1st pick. let alone trading both picks to move DOWN to take one. it makes no sense. people should be very upset if we make a stupid move like that. and for what? a QB who probably isnt even the best QB in the draft?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by teeohh:
here's a pft article

that they've gotten "trade feelers"

They may get feelers but until his legal status is fully defined, no one is going to invest a pick or a player. I don't think his status will settled by Thursday, so it will leave the Steelers in a difficult situation. Of course, there could be some plea bargain to set something up but the league would have to agree to the terms to let him play, and if he pleads to any charge greater than a misdemeanor, I can't see him playing for a while.

The charges sound very serious. Considering it is his second "situation," I don't think he is going to be playing football in September.

Dude there are no charges. The investigation is complete and there were no charges filed, there are no legal obligations in Bens future cept maybe a civil case, and I doubt that even. At most I see him getting a 4 game, but even that is unlikely imo.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM ]

Originally posted by Niners99:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

some people just dont get it. "were getting Warner! were getting Cutler! were getting McNabb! were getting Big Ben! draft Clausen! draft Sanchez!"

(ok, i admit i wanted Sanchez a year ago if he fell, but at the time it looked like Hill was our guy for good)

the organization has set up a plan in which it is going to build for the future. that plan, whether you like it or not, involves Alex Smith playing QB. were not going to flush the whole plan down the toilet and trade for an aging veteran QB who will give us a couple good years and then decline. nor will we draft a QB in the 1st when we so desperately need OL with that pick.

if you were the 49ers, and saying "jimmy clausen will not make it past us!" would cause uncertainty among the draft board, and possibly generate trade talks, all from just an announcement, youd do it too. its pure strategy.

if this team has any brain power at all, it wont be sprinting away from the plan theyve been mapping out by taking a QB with our 1st pick. let alone trading both picks to move DOWN to take one. it makes no sense. people should be very upset if we make a stupid move like that. and for what? a QB who probably isnt even the best QB in the draft?

Aging? Ben is 25. He would be the starter for the next decade.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

hes 28
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

hes 28

My bad, still a starter for the next decade. Doesn't change my argument one bit. QB's play well into their 30's.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Now the Steelers want Clausen
We could trade for Ben and I have an easy solution to keep him motivated to behave.

Draft Tony Washington and tell Ben if he doesn't behave, he will be bunk mates with Washington.
Share 49ersWebzone