There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going Into Overdrive

I am betting that 99% of these rumors are leaking from Clausen' agent.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?

Depends on where we took him

Here are my possible reactions:

- If we traded up for him: angry

- If we took him at #13: content

- If we took him at #17: mildly excited

I agree with this dude.

f**k!!! I RATHER BE 7-9 With alex then 0-16 with clausen
Originally posted by Chief:

Depends on where we took him

Here are my possible reactions:

- If we traded up for him: angry

- If we took him at #13: content

- If we took him at #17: mildly excited

I agree with this dude.

Qb is not a need for us alex seems to filling into his shoes i'd like to see if we draft a rt can he finally have time to stand up in the pocket!

Baakle would be dead to me...
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Quote:

« Umenyiora trade chatter picks up before draft
Lions fans want Suh, but does the team agree? »
Jason La Canfora
Niners considering Clausen in first round

Posted: April 20th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Jimmy Clausen, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks

The 49ers are seriously considering Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen with a first-round draft pick, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The 49ers have two first-round picks, Nos. 13 and 17, and have closely watched Clausen. The Browns, Bills and Seahawks are among the other teams that have closely scouted Clausen and own picks in front of the 49ers.

link

Giant smoke screen and when one of the teams wastes a pick on him in front of the 9ers they will be
[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Apr 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM ]
If we traded for Claussen I would be angry as hell. Specially with a QB like Ben reportedly available. If we chose him at 17 I wouldn't be furious, but I would be dissapointed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we go Clausen at 13 and Davis at 17, I can live with that, but please don't trade up for Clausen. I want all our picks.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
If we go Clausen at 13 and Davis at 17, I can live with that, but please don't trade up for Clausen. I want all our picks.

He should be gone by 13 and if they trade up to draft him I will renounce my 9er fandom
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

He should be gone by 13 and if they trade up to draft him I will renounce my 9er fandom

I will, too.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for nickbradley.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I have nothing against Clausen. I just have a problem with taking a QB in the 1st round period...unless he's a SURE FIRE starter who will help us get to the playoffs. That's what the 49ers need to ask themselves...will the QB we draft get us over the "hump?"

I'm not saying Alex is FOR SURE going to lead us to the playoffs but I have MORE confidence in Alex leading us right now than some rookie QB who has to learn the system, etc etc. At the end of the day, we'll have more unproven over paid QBs & the worst o-line in the NFL...and yet another 8-8 or worse season. Its a never ending cycle with this team. BPA is fine...but sometimes, you have to fill NEEDS. We DESPERATELY need a solid RT and RG. We NEED help in the secondary, and WE NEED solid pass rushers. It'd be NICE to have a proven QB/pro bowl guy...but thats not available and its unrealistic.

Say we draft Clausen...then what..? Yeah in theory, it works out if Alex sucks it up (yet another losing season) then HOPEFULLY Jimmy pans out (more relying on HOPE and POTENTIAL for AT LEAST 2-3 years).

OR

We draft Clausen...Smith tears it up or does reasonably well to extend his contract...what do we do then? Extend Smith and trade Clausen? Trade Smith (and he goes and does well elsewhere and we regret it) while we "develop" Clausen (1-3 years of development)....?

I dont know man...just seems like it would create a sh*t storm if we draft Clausen. I feel like this team is FINALLY turning the corner...Alex is FINALLY becoming "FUNCTIONAL" since we actually used common sense and kept the same coordinator/offense, we actually have WRs/TE/RB, a solid defense...ALL we NEED desperately is protection for our QB and RB. And this isn't based on "hope" and "potential...." this is based on IMPROVED performances in 2009. No denying that.

We'll see, but I really hope we don't draft Clausen. If we're going to trade up...let's trade up for Suh or Okung/Williams, etc.

I agree on the sh*tstorm aspect. For one, it could destroy Alex's growing confidence (he looks like a leader in minicamp for the first time) and divide the locker room.

On what we do if Smith tears it up:

- we re-sign Smith to a 3 or 4 year deal with a lot of options in it. We Keep Clausen through '11 and trade him if Smith sputters or gets hurt again.

Think of Clausen as an insurance option.
Originally posted by pinehill:
Originally posted by pinehill:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
They say, sometimes the best moves are the ones you DON'T make. The smart move would be to sit tight, grab two impact players at #13 and #17 and continue to build this team into a SB contender. To gamble again on a 1st round QB that many experts aren't completely sold on would just be repeating the Alex Smith mistake. This team is not in rebuilding mode anymore where we have 2-3 years to wait for a rookie QB to possibly develop...we're in the hunt for a division title and playoff spot THIS YEAR. We're on the cusp of returning this franchise to prominence, and people are talking about gambling with a 1st round QB?

Unbelievable.

Over the last few years, teams like Chicago, Washington, Houston and KC have been able to make upgrades to their QB position by trading for proven veterans...we can do the same if we're willing to be shrewd about it.

Question is, how shrewd is our front office? Are they really willing to go down that high draft pick rookie QB path again, given how close this team is?

so what happens if Alex fails next year?

Then draft Locker or Luck next year, but not Clausen.

You really think the 49ers are going to be in position to draft that high next year? Because if those guys are so good, they'll go top 5.

Between Locker, Mallet, Luck and Devlin, someone good will very likely be available if Alex Smith falters this year.

I hope those guys pan out.....They were saying what a great QB class '10 was going to be with Bradford, Clausen, McCoy, and Tebow.

I'd take any of those guys over Clausen any day of the week.

I'd take a chance with Clausen over Alex Smith any day of the week.

We always think the grass is greener....just watch what happens when Clausen takes his first NFL snaps. He'll look like Smith did in 2005. Trust me, it will take Clausen (a true junior) years to get his feet under him in the NFL....and to give up 2 first rounders for him knowing this team is pretty close...just can't see it.

Just a reality check folks. Andrew Luck was a redshirt freshman this year with 3 years of eligibility left. I think it is probably more likely that he would not enter the draft until 2012 at the earliest.

No, he's eligible for the 2010 draft, just as Bradford was eligible for the 2009 draft.

Eligible yes. But he has only played one year of college football. He is a smart kid, and I would anticipate he would play at least another two years. How many quarterbacks are drafted in the top 5 with only two years of experience? Remember, his father was a former NFL quarterback, and is in a position to advise accordingly.

Like I said, Luck coming out in '11 would be like Bradford coming out in '09. Although Bradford will probably still be the number one pick, I guarangee he would have declared in '09 if he could do it all over again (who knows what long-term damage was done to his shoulder).
I have nothing against Clausen. I just have a problem with taking a QB in the 1st round period...unless he's a SURE FIRE starter who will help us get to the playoffs. That's what the 49ers need to ask themselves...will the QB we draft get us over the "hump?"

I'm not saying Alex is FOR SURE going to lead us to the playoffs but I have MORE confidence in Alex leading us right now than some rookie QB who has to learn the system, etc etc. At the end of the day, we'll have more unproven over paid QBs & the worst o-line in the NFL...and yet another 8-8 or worse season. Its a never ending cycle with this team. BPA is fine...but sometimes, you have to fill NEEDS. We DESPERATELY need a solid RT and RG. We NEED help in the secondary, and WE NEED solid pass rushers. It'd be NICE to have a proven QB/pro bowl guy...but thats not available and its unrealistic.

Say we draft Clausen...then what..? Yeah in theory, it works out if Alex sucks it up (yet another losing season) then HOPEFULLY Jimmy pans out (more relying on HOPE and POTENTIAL for AT LEAST 2-3 years).

OR

We draft Clausen...Smith tears it up or does reasonably well to extend his contract...what do we do then? Extend Smith and trade Clausen? Trade Smith (and he goes and does well elsewhere and we regret it) while we "develop" Clausen (1-3 years of development)....?

I dont know man...just seems like it would create a sh*t storm if we draft Clausen. I feel like this team is FINALLY turning the corner...Alex is FINALLY becoming "FUNCTIONAL" since we actually used common sense and kept the same coordinator/offense, we actually have WRs/TE/RB, a solid defense...ALL we NEED desperately is protection for our QB and RB. And this isn't based on "hope" and "potential...." this is based on IMPROVED performances in 2009. No denying that.

We'll see, but I really hope we don't draft Clausen. If we're going to trade up...let's trade up for Suh or Okung/Williams, etc.

I agree on the sh*tstorm aspect. For one, it could destroy Alex's growing confidence (he looks like a leader in minicamp for the first time) and divide the locker room.

- we re-sign Smith to a 3 or 4 year deal with a lot of options in it. We Keep Clausen through '11 and trade him if Smith sputters or gets hurt again.

Agreed.

But Clausen would be a really expensive "insurance option."

OR

If Smith can't handle pressure and the possibility of being replaced by now then he should be on the bench. It's just the nature of the game. He's on a one year tryout he shouldn't be concerned about anything bout himself and his game. I think he will be fine if they drafted Clausen. Just gotta show and prove.

OR

Agreed.

But Clausen would be a really expensive "insurance option."

Yeah no one is really thinking of the $ side of doing this. I think its hilarious that Kawakami comes and says the 9ers should take him (his opinion) and today ESPN says today that the 9ers are "enamored" with Clausen. That's funny