There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jon Gruden on Jimmy Clausen

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The QBs in the 2011 draft class is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clausen

People said the same thing last year about this year's class, and it ended up pretty average. That said Clausen shows me some similarities with Leaf and that's just too big a risk. He's been pretty much handed everything his whole life, coaches, camps, ESPN specials in HS. I'd be worried how he handles adversity.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

With the 13th pick of 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

With the 13th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Ryan Leaf...uh, I mean Jimmy Clausen...

We already two Ryan Leafs on this team.

Third Leaf is the charm?

I loled

-9fA

Me too.
If Claussen is on the board we need to either select him or trade the pick with a rebuilding team (Bills, Browns, Jaguars) who happened to pass on Claussen the first time around, but still need a franchise QB. Franchise quarterbacks don't generally fall to good teams, and if we don't take Claussen at 13, we might not have the ammunition to select a top signal caller for a while (if we make or fall just short of the playoffs). If we could obtain a high 1st next year, in addition to our first, we have the option and ammunition to acquire any possible franchise qb in next years draft, while still giving Alex one last year to prove himself...

Worst case, Alex fails, we fall short.... next offseason we land Andrew Luck and bring in Harbaugh...

Best case, Alex succeeds and we have two first rounders once again as ammunition.... if we can manage to land the Brown's/Bills first rounder that could be exceptionally high.... in a draft with quarterbacks Luck, Locker, Mallet and playmakers like Julio Jones....
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The QBs in the 2011 draft class is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clausen

People said the same thing last year about this year's class, and it ended up pretty average. That said Clausen shows me some similarities with Leaf and that's just too big a risk. He's been pretty much handed everything his whole life, coaches, camps, ESPN specials in HS. I'd be worried how he handles adversity.

He handled adversity very well at Notre Dame.

With the 13th pick of 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

With the 13th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Ryan Leaf...uh, I mean Jimmy Clausen...

Oh you mean tim tebow
Quote:
JasonLaCanfora: The 49ers seriously considering Jimmy Clausen with its first-round picks. He might not drop past them at 17.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
JasonLaCanfora: The 49ers seriously considering Jimmy Clausen with its first-round picks. He might not drop past them at 17.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:

[ Edited by HessianDud on Apr 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM ]
Quote:

Can't be true....Alex is coming off his Pro-Bowl season, carried the 49ers to the playoffs, and signed a 5 yr extension......