There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati Could Crash the Top Tackle Party

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
I would not be in the least bit surprised if Iupati went at 11 to Denver. Mark that down and remember who called that one, if McClain is going Iupati is probably going to be the Broncos guy.
This is great news! If he goes top-10 somebody is falling to us!
Originally posted by foreign49er:
This is great news! If he goes top-10 somebody is falling to us!

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Yetiman:
For us, he has to be able to start at RT from day 1 to be considered. Can he do it? I believe he can.

Of course, I feel the same about Williams, Davis, and for that matter Ducasse.

Don't agree. I would prefer a starting guard, replacing Baas, from day 1. Staley and Simms will surely start at tackle almost regardless of who we take. So we can take a guy who looks good but may need a few months work before you want him starting.

no bueno!!!!!

Bella, bella! The guy played really well last season.
Iupati to Oakland Picks Up Speed

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 12:03 AM ET

On Sunday, Florio said that Idaho guard Mike Iupati could crash the elite tackle party at the top of the draft, and possibly get selected in the top ten.

ESPN's Michael Smith, writing on Twitter late Tuesday night, says one team is especially fond of him.

"The Mike Iupati to Oakland @ #8 talk is picking up steam," Smith wrote. "Two league sources who know the Raiders well tell me that's who they're targeting."

It's always difficult to gauge what Al Davis will do, but this sounds crazy enough to happen. Someone with this great a Mel Kiper impression couldn't be wrong.

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM ]
Iupati to Oakland talk picks up steam
On Sunday, Florio said that Idaho guard Mike Iupati could crash the elite tackle party at the top of the draft, and possibly get selected in the top ten.

ESPN's Michael Smith, writing on Twitter late Tuesday night, says one team is especially fond of him.

"The Mike Iupati to Oakland @ #8 talk is picking up steam," Smith wrote. "Two league sources who know the Raiders well tell me that's who they're targeting."

It's always difficult to gauge what Al Davis will do, but this sounds crazy enough to happen. Someone with this great a Mel Kiper impression couldn't be wrong.

LINK
Originally posted by PTulini:

Quote:

That would improve our chances of getting one of the top 4 OT's at 13. It would also destroy everyone's mock drafts, lol.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Quote:

That would improve our chances of getting one of the top 4 OT's at 13. It would also destroy everyone's mock drafts, lol.

Leave it to the Raiders to find a way to screw up their own draft... AGAIN!
At least they would be taking a good player this time though.
I'm not sold on his pass blocking. He struggled badly at the Senior Bowl. I don't think he is automatic.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm not sold on his pass blocking. He struggled badly at the Senior Bowl. I don't think he is automatic.

Bingo. I am not totally sold and would love for Oak to take him.
Originally posted by teeohh:
At least they would be taking a good player this time though.

Too bad Crazy Al will try him at TE lol
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Bingo. I am not totally sold and would love for Oak to take him.

This makes more sense but Campbell but at least Campbell allows at top 10 player to fall
Originally posted by Yetiman:
For us, he has to be able to start at RT from day 1 to be considered. Can he do it? I believe he can.

Of course, I feel the same about Williams, Davis, and for that matter Ducasse.

why does our T need to start from day 1...we just brought back Sims, and Staley is our big investment. i think you see Sims/Staley start for a while and the draft pick eased in, much like they did with Staley, Baas, and Rachal.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Mike Singletary says:

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home