There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you draft Clausen?

Would you draft Clausen?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Seriously? You think there is a chance that all of the NFL scouts and GMs are going to pass on the best player in the draft because of "misinformation?"

See: Aaron Rodgers

Huh? Explain yourself.
All this sounds awesome to me

About time we get a arrogant cocky son of a gun back that is sure of himself and won't back down

I have put up with timid unsure alice smith for too long
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Seriously? You think there is a chance that all of the NFL scouts and GMs are going to pass on the best player in the draft because of "misinformation?"

Huh? Explain yourself.

Poor scouting/bad information caused him to drop 20+ spots. Below is the scouting report on Rodgers from 2005 (the negatives) from SI:

NEGATIVES: Though accurate, lacks top pass placement and has receivers extending vertically to pull the ball out of the air. Must improve his accuracy down the field. Lacks top footwork releasing the ball off a three step drop. Lacks pocket stature.

sounds like Clausen.
Originally posted by LundyLove:
All this sounds awesome to me

About time we get a arrogant cocky son of a gun back that is sure of himself and won't back down

I have put up with timid unsure alice smith for too long

Alex is somewhat of a p***y.
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for
disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Lol. He is not the best player
Poor kid has the same (receding) hair line as his brothers Casey and Brett.

The Kid is not ready for prime time yet, and in a year of a weak QB class, he's getting far too much hype. I think that he has potential, but I would like to see another year of college seasoning and to gauge his behavior.

But I understand that this is a good year for him to jump to the NFL and chase the $$$; especially with a coaching change at Notre Dame this season. My take is that anyone taking him in the top half of the 1st round (which will likely happen) is really rolling the dice on an unproven commodity.
nickbradley, are you some ND fan boy? You've been riding Clausen's jock up and down the message board. Also, the article comparing Bradford and Clausen wasn't well written IMO. There seems to be an obvious bias through out the entire article.

If there is any misinformation it's with the casual viewers and fans. The GM's and scouts have the resources and know how to get around it.
Someone send Coach sing an email saying that Jimmy Clausen worships the devil
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
nickbradley, are you some ND fan boy? You've been riding Clausen's jock up and down the message board. Also, the article comparing Bradford and Clausen wasn't well written IMO. There seems to be an obvious bias through out the entire article.

If there is any misinformation it's with the casual viewers and fans. The GM's and scouts have the resources and know how to get around it.

No, not at all. A couple things:

1. If I were pulling the trigger, I would not draft a QB this year. Let Alex Smith have one more year and if he fails we can get a QB in a very deep 2011 class.

2. I think that Clausen is better than Bradford. Bradford cannot play under pressure and is used to playing in a spread offense where he has all day to throw; the kid is going to be in for a rude awakening.

3. as far as misinformation goes, GMs and scouts can be misinformed too -- look at Warren Sapp and the drug test fiasco. This year, look at Mike Mayock saying things like "thrown under the bus" when that was clearly not the case.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Someone send Coach sing an email saying that Jimmy Clausen and Ben Roethlisberger worship God almighty!

Go Go QB Upgrade Go!!!
Well, he would certainly fill our need for an Alien Wizard.
I have linked to two must-read articles on Clausen from WalterFootball.com. One is a 'Tale of the Tape' between Bradford and Clausen, while the other is entitled "Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard", a South Park reference; the bottom line of the latter article is that hatred of Clausen is irrational and stupid, and that he should be the #1 over all pick.

http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausensambradford.php

http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenhate.php

Dont need to convince me....
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for
disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Lol. He is not the best player

That was my point.

Huh? Explain yourself.

Poor scouting/bad information caused him to drop 20+ spots. Below is the scouting report on Rodgers from 2005 (the negatives) from SI:

NEGATIVES: Though accurate, lacks top pass placement and has receivers extending vertically to pull the ball out of the air. Must improve his accuracy down the field. Lacks top footwork releasing the ball off a three step drop. Lacks pocket stature.

sounds like Clausen.

First of all, that is not misinformation. Every player in the draft has pros and cons. Secondly that has nothing to do with you implication that he was the best player in the draft and teams passed on him because of things being said about him in the media. The entire thought is ridiculous!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Clausen is my favorite quarterback in this class but I wouldn't pick him until seventeen. I wouldn't pick Sam Bradford at all if I were the 49ers GM, I would let someone else pick him(even if he fell to seventeen). The only other quarterback I would want the 49ers to take is Tebow in the 4th or 5th, even though he is a flaming homosexul(like Clausen), because he can play other positions(TE, H-back, wildcat QB) as well as being groomed as an NFL quarterback.