There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

mayock says if clausen is at 17, we take him

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think they would take him 13 before he even gets to 17. I don't see why folks are so against it. Maybe I missed the part where the niners have a proven stable qb on the roster.

Same here, I would love it if the niners drafted him.

People need to realize that Alex just sucks.

i dont see this team taking a 1st round qb for some time, if alex falls on his face i would expect them to do a matt schaub type trade next offseason depending on whos available. people just buying the hype cus of sanchez flacco and ryan's rookie seasons, but believe those instances are rare and this team cant afford to give another young overpaid qb a few years to develop
I think they would take him 13 before he even gets to 17. I don't see why folks are so against it. Maybe I missed the part where the niners have a proven stable qb on the roster.

Some of us already do.

And obviously the organization doesn't believe in him or he would have a long term deal.

Why are we wasting our time? I just hope 2010 isn't gonna be a wash like '09 was.

After 20 million posts in 58,000 different threads, I would have thought that you would have realised that not everyone agrees with you. Some people thought he did ok last year and want to see how he looks this year. There is no consensus on this. 58,000 other threads refer.

So the comment about sucking is your opinion. To which you are entitled. But that doesn't make it fact.
Originally posted by English:

After 20 million posts in 58,000 different threads, I would have thought that you would have realised that not everyone agrees with you. Some people thought he did ok last year and want to see how he looks this year. There is no consensus on this. 58,000 other threads refer.

So the comment about sucking is your opinion. To which you are entitled. But that doesn't make it fact.

English, I know you may not know this but this is not the type of football(soccer) you are used to.

You have been here long enough to know when I say something it usually comes true.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by jreff22:

If Smith plays very well this year and looks like a long term answer then what? We have 2 QB's who will be expensive to carry while 1 actually plays?

Worked out well for SD, except they got nothing for Brees. How much confidence does anyone have that Smith will play very well this year? Because of an OK half a season last year? I'm not saying I'm for it and we don't have other needs, but it's far from the worst idea ever.
The logic I don't get is it's perfectly reasonable to draft Spiller that high, at a position of lesser importance, when we actually DO have a guy at his position that IS a proven pro bowler. How does that make sense, but not a QB?

Thanks homie exactly what I was about to say. You just trade him. It's not rocket science.

Well from the looks of that trade New Orleans got the better half of that deal.

True, but I'd also be happy with a Rivers-quality QB on the Niners. But for the record, I don't want Clausen and HOPE we don't take him in the first...if he's available, I'll bet there are some teams willing to trade up and take him, and another 2nd or 3rd rounder would be nice.

English, I know you may not know this but this is not the type of football(soccer) you are used to.

You have been here long enough to know when I say something it usually comes true.

So you should be saying:

Smith will be a huge success,
We will win the SuperBowl
The meek shall inherit the earth
English will win the lottery, and the entire female population of Europe will fall passionately in love with him and want his babies.

I think that covers everything!
We should bring him in for a visit and make it appear that we are going to draft him IMO. Then on draft day we have people offering up trades to get him. Smoke screens dont really seem to be in our box of tricks though.

So you should be saying:

English will win the lottery, and the entire male population of Europe will fall passionately in love with him and want his babies.

Ok, if thats what you really want.
Are people really unconcerned about bringing in a person of his... ilk.

So you should be saying:

English will win the lottery, and the entire male population of Europe will fall passionately in love with him and want his babies.

Ok, if thats what you really want.

Well, ok. I guess. Hmm, maybe. Oh, all right, then.

Have a good evening.
A first round QB is expensive!

Case and point is Josh Freeman, who was picked 17th overall in 09. He's signed to a 5 year, $36 million deal with $10.245 million in guaranteed money.
I'm thinking the niners are trying to get teams to trade up ahead of them to take clausan, thus allowing a player they covet to fall to them.
I've got no prob w/Clausen at 13 or 17.

I guess I missed the memo about our current amazing QB depth chart.
no, the memo u did miss is that our team is on the cheap side and they arent gonna pony up the cash to have that many qb's on the roster making that much coin, now some would say cut carr or cut davis or even cut smith, but it aint happening, there is a line between what us as fans want and what the organization will actually do, if u are a fan of this team and think we are gonna take clausen then u dont follow this team closely enough cus its pretty clear to me that they just posturing for a possible trade
Originally posted by bjghum:
I've got no prob w/Clausen at 13 or 17.

I guess I missed the memo about our current amazing QB depth chart.

I wouldnt mind a QB to replace Alex Smith, but Jimmy Clausen??? cmon now. He has bust written all over him.. a la Brady Quinn!